• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for the first years of switch, it could well be that we get a pokemon game per year these next years, i mean most other companies do that too, so it‘s not impossible with gamefreak, potential help is also always there with nintendo and other companies. I am not a friend of short production cycles, but i see why nintendo would want it that way for switch‘s first years. I think this all seems very likely, with LGPE in 2018 as testing field, it just fits all the more for gen 8 to come out 2019, as 2020 would be too late and in 2020 they take a break then.

Yes, and VegetableBird mentioned a new generation in 2019, too. I don't like this tight development cycle, but whatever.

Someone had a theory that 2017 was suppose to be a break year and that’s why SuMo felt so lacking in terms of content. It was rushed for the 20th Anniversary so they pumped USUM to remedy it.

I imagine the next installment has probably had a decent development cycle

hate to be that guy but you think they’d announce an apparent 90 minute press conference.

the only thing we’ve got is word from a leaker. it’s amusing to see people acting like it’s a shoe-in when there’s a high chance nothing will happen in a few hours

So, if it's true, is Pokémon Let's Go! just so Gamefreak and the Pokémon company can get used to the switch? Cause people are making it sound that way.

Maybe, who knows. I think its for the best though either way. I mean, I wasn't expecting gen 8 until mid 2019 at the earliest, so getting anything in between then is bonus to me. Maybe they are just trying to get the attention of potential new fans. A lot of people buying the switch are people who haven't owned a Nintendo console in several years. Maybe they think jumping right into gen 8 would be off putting for those newer people.

Here’s what I think gamefreak is doing

The switch is 299. Pretty expansive for kids

And it’s too early to buy for a new switch line. Like 2ds or price cut. Too kids to buy

So they are targeting older fans who are like 25-35 who grew up with kanto to buy afford switches and games. Pokemon go demographic

Than in 2019 a new cheaper switch will release or price cut and kids will buy. Gen 8 releases with new engine and graphics

That will get the lapse fans to buy and the normal fan base too buy. Win win for game freak

hate to be that guy but you think they’d announce an apparent 90 minute press conference.

the only thing we’ve got is word from a leaker. it’s amusing to see people acting like it’s a shoe-in when there’s a high chance nothing will happen in a few hours

already said to be a press event, behind closed doors. Wont be announced in advance because well, it's not supposed to be something known to the public. The only potential "high chance" nothing will happen in a few hours is because we're not guaranteed to get info immediately after the event finishes

Hold on, I’m very confused. What’s going on? There’s a private thing happening on the 30th in japan to which they may or may not announce something and then on the 31st the Oha Shuta** is announcing as well?

Hold on, I’m very confused. What’s going on? There’s a private thing happening on the 30th in japan to which they may or may not announce something and then on the 31st the Oha Shuta** is announcing as well?

In four hours, an earthquake will hit the Pokemon world which will last approximately 20 hours; after which, a morning time tv show for kids will report it.

already said to be a press event, behind closed doors. Wont be announced in advance because well, it's not supposed to be something known to the public. The only potential "high chance" nothing will happen in a few hours is because we're not guaranteed to get info immediately after the event finishes

don’t mean to sound like a cock, but the only reason we’re thinking that there’s going to be any announcement because someone on the internet said it. there’s a high chance of nothing because there’s a high chance that Emily’s source is blowing hot air.

yes she has a decent track record but it’s not flawless either. she’s also not affiliated with Nintendo and she’s getting this information from outside sources that we’re not privy to.

PixelPar knew the titles too but he was way off on his announcement estimate. could be the same here.

I’m just managing my expectations

Emily isn’t the one who initially said it was press event. Someone who’s super reliable zell did

Somewhere in this thread today it was guessed that the Oha Suta presentation will help anyone especially younger people who do not check the internet for news about Pokemon. :) :) There could be some exclusive information in their reveal too but that is not known!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom