• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway stuff will leak out regardless especially in this modern age and it being Pokémon.

If Gamefreak can’t even contain their games without massive leaks, I would imagine that details from the conference would leak as well. This reminds me of that Pokémon go conference thing ages back.

don’t mean to sound like a cock, but the only reason we’re thinking that there’s going to be any announcement because someone on the internet said it. there’s a high chance of nothing because there’s a high chance that Emily’s source is blowing hot air.

yes she has a decent track record but it’s not flawless either. she’s also not affiliated with Nintendo and she’s getting this information from outside sources that we’re not privy to.

PixelPar knew the titles too but he was way off on his announcement estimate. could be the same here.

I’m just managing my expectations

nah it's cool, sorry if my posts came off as agressive

I can get managing expectations etc and I understand seeing that emily isn't necessarily super credible. It's just there's movement on so many other fronts regarding the series/community/press etc right now that do make an announcement feel imminent, even if we were to disregard emily's words. But saying "high chance". So you legitimately believe that her source is just bsing ? Not knocking you but I am curious about your views because I pretty much see things nearly the opposite

If Gamefreak can’t even contain their games without massive leaks, I would imagine that details from the conference would leak as well. This reminds me of that Pokémon go conference thing ages back.
Then again, it's not 100% that the next games are the Lets Go's. Remember Pokemon Stars? No one expected Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Then again, it's not 100% that the next games are the Lets Go's. Remember Pokemon Stars? No one expected Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

I was meaning in general with their confirmed games, the last 3 generations have all been leaked way ahead of time. I didn’t count the let’s go, but let’s wait and find out XD

but we never actually got pokemon stars domain&logos leaked, this time we do.

Here’s what I think gamefreak is doing

The switch is 299. Pretty expansive for kids

And it’s too early to buy for a new switch line. Like 2ds or price cut. Too kids to buy

So they are targeting older fans who are like 25-35 who grew up with kanto to buy afford switches and games. Pokemon go demographic

Than in 2019 a new cheaper switch will release or price cut and kids will buy. Gen 8 releases with new engine and graphics

That will get the lapse fans to buy and the normal fan base too buy. Win win for game freak
Assuming that people who are like 25-35 will spend 350 dollars just to play a yellow remake on console, which is not that likely as you think. Pokemon Go is free, you know, and a lot of those players don't even spend money buying stuff on Go. Why exactly should they spend 350 dollars just to play a single (remake) game?

Assuming that people who are like 25-35 will spend 350 dollars just to play a yellow remake on console, which is not that likely as you think. Pokemon Go is free, you know, and a lot of those players don't even spend money buying stuff on Go. Why exactly should they spend 350 dollars just to play a single (remake) game?
Nobody buys a system just to buy a single game

I buy Nintendo systems for Pokemon only. Then I pick up a game I like on sales from other franchises

Pokemon would be the entry point to buying the system. Also there will be other pokemon games for switch. It’s not just 1 game but multiple

nah it's cool, sorry if my posts came off as agressive

I can get managing expectations etc and I understand seeing that emily isn't necessarily super credible. It's just there's movement on so many other fronts regarding the series/community/press etc right now that do make an announcement feel imminent, even if we were to disregard emily's words. But saying "high chance". So you legitimately believe that her source is just bsing ? Not knocking you but I am curious about your views because I pretty much see things nearly the opposite

I apologise if my posts sounded aggressive too!

What I legitimately believe, I guess, is that I honestly don’t know, personally, what’s happening behind the scenes right now. The only way I know it is through second hand. That’s through Emily and other leakers.

Obviously there is some compelling stuff happening right now that definitely hints that a big announcement is coming! Placeholder products and stuff disappearing off of store fronts and such, though only in bits and bats and not at all outlets.

The thing on the 31st saying that there’s going to be some huge news coming, though it was quickly edited. Was this to manage expectations since everyone got super hype? Possibly.

The only prime information that we have though, going off a definite reveal this month, is from leakers.

I’ve just been just down this road of something going to happen too many times for it to not when it comes to expecting an announcement. Not just with this game - honestly it’s this is just a small chapter of me looking out for stuff. Keeping my expectations low is my way of not being disappointed.

It’s not that I’m against people getting super hype, it’s just that I don’t want to see anyone get super upset if nothing happens this month. I know the feeling and it sucks.

but we never actually got pokemon stars domain&logos leaked, this time we do.
We've only got one logo leaked, and we're not even sure that it's the real thing. It's certainly out there, but we don't have official confirmation of it yet, so the logo on its own isn't really extra evidence. (Pokemon Stars has logos floating out there, too, and You and Me had some logos made as well)

Has the situation on domains been cleared up for sure? Last I heard, there was still a debate as to whether it was domain squatting, someone trying to make LGPE seem real, the Pokemon Company keeping other people from using it, or the real thing, and I don't recall any side getting solid evidence...

I buy Nintendo systems for Pokemon only. Then I pick up a game I like on sales from other franchises

Pokemon would be the entry point to buying the system. Also there will be other pokemon games for switch. It’s not just 1 game but multiple
But those extra games are going to cost more money. It's not quite an entry point when the next games are all still 30-60$.

I apologise if my posts sounded aggressive too!

What I legitimately believe, I guess, is that I honestly don’t know, personally, what’s happening behind the scenes right now. The only way I know it is through second hand. That’s through Emily and other leakers.

Obviously there is some compelling stuff happening right now that definitely hints that a big announcement is coming! Placeholder products and stuff disappearing off of store fronts and such, though only in bits and bats and not at all outlets.

The thing on the 31st saying that there’s going to be some huge news coming, though it was quickly edited. Was this to manage expectations since everyone got super hype? Possibly.

The only prime information that we have though, going off a definite reveal this month, is from leakers.

I’ve just been just down this road of something going to happen too many times for it to not when it comes to expecting an announcement. Not just with this game - honestly it’s this is just a small chapter of me looking out for stuff. Keeping my expectations low is my way of not being disappointed.

It’s not that I’m against people getting super hype, it’s just that I don’t want to see anyone get super upset if nothing happens this month. I know the feeling and it sucks.

And still nintendo didn't announce the event?
I mean seriously where is this event and which event is it?
There should be no way, nintendo do a event without a announcement...

My point is: if 25-35 go players didn't buy a console in these last years, the majority of them probably won't buy the switch because of a yellow remake (and neither for gen 8 probably). Go is free, Switch+game is 350 dollars. The people who are getting the combo are: traditional fans and children/teenagers. I actually don't expect any casual go player to spend all those money just to play a single game, which, among the other things, happens to be a remake.
I'm a traditional fan and I'm not buying the switch + the game if it will look like this year usum for gen 1. It's a lot of money and when you are not a child anymore you don't spend money on the first thing that has Pokemon written on it, like it was when I was 12. For example, I wouldn't have bought ultra sun for sure if I had to buy a new console to play it...

Has the situation on domains been cleared up for sure? Last I heard, there was still a debate as to whether it was domain squatting, someone trying to make LGPE seem real, the Pokemon Company keeping other people from using it, or the real thing, and I don't recall any side getting solid evidence...
Three domains were registered by the company handling Nintendo domains. Others were done by squatters, and at least one of those was shut down by Nintendo.

We've only got one logo leaked, and we're not even sure that it's the real thing. It's certainly out there, but we don't have official confirmation of it yet, so the logo on its own isn't really extra evidence. (Pokemon Stars has logos floating out there, too, and You and Me had some logos made as well)
Fair enough, but we still got more reliable leakers this time to back it up.
pretty much all "insiders" said the let's go thing is real.

Damn it, I'm going to be at work. At least I can check my phone at oh wait no I can't, no signal.

Life is suffering.

(I'll probably live.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom