• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been out of the loop, when does the press event begin and what time does Oha Suta start?

The Eurogamer guys keep denying that they know about any Pokémon press event on Twitter...
Jeez, this is insane. Is this press conference happening or not!? People are going to go to sleep later than usual because we want to see the big reveal. But no one has any idea if this happening, or if it's just bs.

Jeez, this is insane. Is this press conference happening or not!? People are going to go to sleep later than usual because we want to see the big reveal. But no one has any idea if this happening, or if it's just bs.
We'll have to wait and see I guess, there's only 1 hour until the event starts.

What if there is no Pokémon Direct? Instead we just get a trailer just out of the blue. If it is a remake it could be like OrAs, dropping literally out of nowhere (Although they did tease it earlier in the year iirc).

X/Y had a direct because jumping from sprite to 3D was pretty big. And Sun/Moon was the 20th anniversary. While going on a new console is “big”, Pokemon is already on the Switch with Pokken. I don’t think they need a direct for this.

VelVoxelRaptor said:
What if there is no Pokémon Direct? Instead we just get a trailer just out of the blue. If it is a remake it could be like OrAs, dropping literally out of nowhere (Although they did tease it earlier in the year iirc).
It isn't out of the blue if it's following a 90-minute media event. They just chose not to tell us about it.

Yeah, I have heard of an embargo before but in my experience they never work well at all and we always get some hint.

All that being said I'm a little skeptical of the existence of this event. I still think we're getting something on the 31st but I'm not sure if we will be getting something tonight I've seen no proof of that. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

TBH

I don't like Kanto games that much.

First of all, Red and Green were an obvious beta as far as Pokemon games go. All the glitches and none of the anti-frustration features. For heaven's sake, you didn't even know what moves did until you deleted Thunderbolt for Thunderwave.

The region is boring as it is being literally just a huge grassland with scattered cities that are all clones of eachother, and a couple of monotonous caves, one forest, and like two short sea routes. Even Johto is much more interesting because they at least tried to make the cities unique.

The Pokemon designs are okay but not really exceptional compared to later generations.

The legendaries have no impact on the story to speak of. They are literally just there.

Speaking of plot, there is no real plot at all in any Kanto games either, and the villain team is literally composed of a bunch of street crooks in a lose union, the other villain teams are much more creative (wanting to expand the ocean or shrink the ocean, wanting to literally create an entire new universe, etc.).

None of the characters actually stand out that much compared to later gens. Gym leaders and the Elite Four in particular have almost no influence on the plot. Also, the rival is just not quite as enjoyable as Silver or Wally. He is a dick for no apparent reason while Silver had a bit of an excuse considering he was raised by Giovanni and doesn't have anything that makes one feel sympathy for him - although Wally in general was sort of bland in the originals but certainly endearing to an extent.

Edit:

If the games are sequels, than maybe my opinion will change.

All that being said I'm a little skeptical of the existence of this event. I still think we're getting something on the 31st but I'm not sure if we will be getting something tonight I've seen no proof of that. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
So what do you think the Eurogamer tweet is all about? Wouldn't that be a weird coincidence? Not to mention that something needs to happen before the Oha Suta show.

So they expect to release LGPE this year and then 8th gen next year? And LGPE is going to be really divisive and underwhelming? What the hell is Game Freak thinking? Do they even know what the fanbase expects of them on the Switch? Because this whole situation reeks of trying to pump out cheap, low quality games yearly.

Do you guys reckon we'll get a tease of the 2019 game when the information from the event drops? I find it weird that the people who have leaked details on lets go/this event would know something like a 2019 game so far in advance

I personally think it's unlikely, but it could be cool if gamefreak followed the LGPE reveal with a tease that acted as "don't worry, the usual games you've come to love aren't going anywhere" sorta thing

Yeah, I have heard of an embargo before but in my experience they never work well at all and we always get some hint.

Eurogamer literally just confirmed they are in Japan, on the same day this whole exclusive media-event news comes out? LUL i mean yeah you can still try to deny this i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom