• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they expect to release LGPE this year and then 8th gen next year? And LGPE is going to be really divisive and underwhelming? What the hell is Game Freak thinking? Do they even know what the fanbase expects of them on the Switch? Because this whole situation reeks of trying to pump out cheap, low quality games yearly.

People will buy the games anyways.

I personally think it's unlikely, but it could be cool if gamefreak followed the LGPE reveal with a tease that acted as "don't worry, the usual games you've come to love aren't going anywhere" sorta thing
As of right now, I don't believe that LGPE are anything less than "core RPGs" just because they have a Go feature or two (I have never cared about catching mechanics). If they really need to foreshadow the future, they should do it at E3.

It isn't out of the blue if it's following a 90-minute media event. They just chose not to tell us about it.
What I mean by “out of the blue”, is this: It is announced with no “pre-announcement” like directs usually are, a day or two before.

What I mean by “out of the blue”, is this: It is announced with no “pre-announcement” like directs usually are, a day or two before.
Its a private event exclusive to media outlets. probably hand picked by TPCi and game freak. Plus they are embargoed, so they cant tell anything about it to the public without getting into trouble legally.

so tom basically confirmed he's at the pokemon press event over on resetera's thread

and yeah I agree that these will still be core rpg's, although the naming makes me feel like they could end up becoming their own branch within the mainline series

Eurogamer literally just confirmed they are in Japan, on the same day this whole exclusive media-event news comes out? LUL i mean yeah you can still try to deny this i guess

Your being oddly mean about this for no apparent reason. Eurogamer says they are not in Japan for Pokemon they might be lying but where's your evidence that they are lying about it?

If your right and I'm wrong so be it we will know in a few hours.

Wow so its VERY close now whatever the outcome I'm still obviously expecting mix reactions that'll be interesting.

TBH

I don't like Kanto games that much.

First of all, Red and Green were an obvious beta as far as Pokemon games go. All the glitches and none of the anti-frustration features. For heaven's sake, you didn't even know what moves did until you deleted Thunderbolt for Thunderwave.

The region is boring as it is being literally just a huge grassland with scattered cities that are all clones of eachother, and a couple of monotonous caves, one forest, and like two short sea routes. Even Johto is much more interesting because they at least tried to make the cities unique.

The Pokemon designs are okay but not really exceptional compared to later generations.

The legendaries have no impact on the story to speak of. They are literally just there.

Speaking of plot, there is no real plot at all in any Kanto games either, and the villain team is literally composed of a bunch of street crooks in a lose union, the other villain teams are much more creative (wanting to expand the ocean or shrink the ocean, wanting to literally create an entire new universe, etc.).

None of the characters actually stand out that much compared to later gens. Gym leaders and the Elite Four in particular have almost no influence on the plot. Also, the rival is just not quite as enjoyable as Silver or Wally. He is a dick for no apparent reason while Silver had a bit of an excuse considering he was raised by Giovanni and doesn't have anything that makes one feel sympathy for him - although Wally in general was sort of bland in the originals but certainly endearing to an extent.

Edit:

If the games are sequels, than maybe my opinion will change.

While most of what you said is true, most of it makes perfect sense considering these were the first games. Of course plot will get better in later generations. Or course characters will improve in later generations. Of course designs will get more creative in later generations. Can't really hold the first games of the franchise to the same standard as games we have today.

So they expect to release LGPE this year and then 8th gen next year? And LGPE is going to be really divisive and underwhelming? What the hell is Game Freak thinking? Do they even know what the fanbase expects of them on the Switch? Because this whole situation reeks of trying to pump out cheap, low quality games yearly.

1. Half of what you're concluding is based on rumors.

2. What you expect on the Switch =/= What GF intends to do on the Switch. I to this day cannot comprehend how you call games lazy and low quality when they haven't even been announced to exist yet.

This is my best case scenario. The urge to return to Kanto after GO's success seemed to make these games inevitable, and they made sense as the start to the console games. My big fear was getting Kanto and then Sinnoh. It would feel like a huge letdown to get two remakes in a row. And to be honest, I wasn't expecting a Pokemon game after 2018 until 2020 considering their 3 year on, 1 year off release. If we truly get Gen 8 in 2019, I'll be stoked. I just hope we find out this isn't a Masuda developed game so he's had time to really focus on Gen 8.

Can‘t wait anymore, already know which starter i will choose this time with Pokemon LGPE
5a67158a19f1f.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom