• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Huh. The leaks were real. I really like the battle interface and the wild Pokémon roaming in the overworld - I hope Gen VIII uses a similar style. Not a fan of Kanto though, hopefully the dex won't be limited to the original 151 before postgame. That was just plain annoying in FRLG. Johto being a postgame area would be fantastic imo.

Just saw the trailer, and pretty meh and underwhelming. There's some good things for sure like co-op gameplay (something I was hoping they'd do on the Switch) and Pokemon in the overworld, but everything else just looks like the exact copy/paste I feared they'd do. Not a good look so far. Reveals of non-Kanto Pokemon and new areas would save this for me, but otherwise pass.

So, all the Gen 8 leaks that came out this year are all BS. That means the Italian leaks and many others. Dang it, I was really looking forward to Gen 8 this year.

Also, not a huge fan of what I saw from the trailer of LGPE. I guess I'll have to come back to the community in a year. That 2019 hype tho....

• I like the overworld, but I abhor the chibi hero models. Too reminiscent of Gen VI.
  • Plus the boy looks too much like Ash, gross.
  • I'm not interested in Kanto, but I already resigned myself to this fate a long time ago.
  • The co-op is cool. Probably won't use it, though.
  • And it looks like we can have Pokemon follow us? I swear to God though, if we're only limited to Kanto Pokemon with this feature, or if we're forced to keep Pikachu/Eevee in our party, I'm not buying.
  • It hasn't shown me anything that entices me, like sidequests or in-depth character customization. I'll wait and see though, since that stuff isn't usually confirmed until later on in the marketing.
Other than that, meh. Gen and Pokemon Go aren't a selling point to me, and since those are the main cruxes of this announcement, there's nothing about this that makes me care. I had low expectations coming in, and this video met them exactly.

Official Art
deahbqawsaett3o0yu72.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard some people try to claim this a spinoff too. When will we got confirmation of whether or not these will connect to gen 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom