• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i'm going to be completely honest, other than pokemon walking with you I really don't like these (especially with the graphics and all of the gimmicks). I doubt i'm buying these, but I guess it's targeted towards a younger audience than usual. At least we have 2019 to look forward to.

I won't lie, I did tear up a little at how nice the games look from a graphic stand point. I think I might pass on it tho. The Go mechanics and the (probably) only 151 Pokemon is a huge 'no thanks' from me. I do hope that next year's Gen 8 game takes some stuff from it though. Like the polished graphics and the following/rideable Pokemon.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-30_2-54-27.png
    upload_2018-5-30_2-54-27.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 66
Hold up! Before we say that battling wild Pokemon is out, let's calm down, and think: In the footage, we only saw the catching part. not battling. It may still be there. The trailer seems like it's more about connectivity to Pokemon Go anyway.

What we know about the games is what we saw:

Catching Pokemon is akin to Pokemon go. That does not mean that we no longer battle Pokemon. Again, the trailer is all we have right now.
Pokemon following you. That's cool.
Trainer battles are still here, which means that wild Pokemon battles are done in the same way.
We don't know much else about the

Well... If I owned a switch, I might buy this, but I'm not going to buy a switch to own this. Even if it's a new story (big if), I just don't know if I can do original 151 only. I thought the rest would be a least in post game....See you guys in about 10 months when we get the titles of the 2019 games. Geez, I was hoping they'd at least give us the titles.

Competitive will suffer as a result of this, with players only being allowed to use the original 151.
It's a spinoff. Generation VIII won't be until next year.

So only 151, then. Okay. I'm disappointed beyond belief.
So am I, but I can't help but wonder whether Gen II Pokémon and so on will be added later. Maybe as free DLC.

I actually got excited at the news of new Pokemon
But... what did they do? This is more of a side game than actual Pokemon

Lure will surely be thing i bet on it! Ahhh i haven't played go since its first year hope i can open my account

Well i think i will play this let‘s go game with my sister and just enjoy them together and the games next year will be traditional single player experience as i love them for last 20 years. Oh and if anyone is concerned with the term in style of X/Y Sun/Moon for 2019 games, they probably aren‘t referring to graphics but more so about the gameplay. I think the graphics will be a huge update to Sun/Moon, as 2019 games are probably longer in developement.

Last edited:
That was an amazing trailer. I'll gladly take this knowing that gen 8 proper is next year.

So this is still technically a main series game, just an experimental one. I like

Yeah, since we know for certain that Gen 8 is due for next year, I don’t mind indulging these. They look like a fun, self-contained thing that my partner and I could really get into thanks to that *starts salivating* delicious co-op feature.

The graphics are actually better than I expected, although it should be noted that I maintained a low bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom