• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they say gen 8 will be the same style as xy and SuMo did they mean DISAPPOINTING? Lol

Honestly these reactions are disappointing me. We literally saw this coming guys.
Just because we expected a straight-up strict 151 only Yellow remake doesn't mean that Game Freak should have made it like that. All it does is take away resources from Gen 8. Though I will give Game Freak credit for co-op multiplayer.

Wait a Nidorina at Mt. Moon when did that happen?

Edit: forget what i said its a zubat lol thought i saw a nidorina in mt moon in the trailer lol

Well, I am very pleased with recent revelations. All of the stuff I was worried about turned out not to have been true.

1) These are confirmed to be NOT core series... which means my worry they would abandon the traditional catching/battling in the core series was unfounded.

2) These games look amazing. I'm not a fan of the catching system in 'Pokémon Go', but for some reason it looks like it works far better in LGPE. Also, turn-based core-series battle system confirmed. Which is also great because I hated the Pokemon Go battle-system from the start.
These games also look very aesthetically pleasing. For some reason it doesn't look like the 3D models have the "washed out" colouring like those of the Gen VI and VII games which is something I didn't like.

3) Gen VIII confirmed for mid- to late-2019.

I am a happy camper! And now I'm gonna go out and buy a Nintendo Switch :)

Co-op means this something my wife and I can play together, which I will gladly take.

Disappointed it's not core RPG game, but this looks fun.

Also there is no obligation to buy this and a real Pokemon game is coming out next year. Everyone wins.

This is best case scenerio in my honest opinion.

Lets go is basically the "Persona" of pokemon while the main series is like SMT lol

we have two branches of the core series now to please fans on all fronts. This is pretty genius on gamefreaks part
Kind of, and agreed on the last part. Although ironically, I tend to prefer Persona to SMT :D

Hey guys I was right! I said a couple days ago that I think it will be reaveled on the 29th. And guess what day it is? lol

Am I the only one in love with what I see?

It just looks so BEAUTIFUL! Too bad I am unable to buy my own Pokemon Switch and probbably wouldn't even have the time for it anyways.

Reactions: SGD
This is best case scenerio in my honest opinion.

Lets go is basically the "Persona" of pokemon while the main series is like SMT lol

we have two branches of the core series now to please fans on all fronts. This is pretty genius on gamefreaks part

Gen 2 remake would be Let's Go Dunsparce and Let's go Shuckle lol!!!!

That would be more fantastic since you cant evolve both pokemon

Then gen 3 would be Let's Go Minun and Let's Go Plusle lol

I was so disappointed when I thought that this was the traditional main series title we’d be getting (only 151 pokemon?!? eevee and pikachu that almost definitely dont evolve???) but knowing that we’ll be getting what I ACTUALLY want later in the year makes me look far more kindly on LGPE, which I’m gonna try and convince my girlfriend to play with me in local multiplayer (local multiplayer looks like fun!!! real good decision)

so yeah, i think im excited for lgpe! my votes still with Pikachu, since its REALLY looking like we cant evolve or get rid of the starter (based on the outfits- i doubt they made outfits for any other pokemon besides pika and eevee), and piga has a better movepool and a more appealing design imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom