• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking away resources from Gen 8? That's a bunch of malarkey.

Someone's never heard of a little thing called "opportunity cost". Resources don't just magically appear out of nowhere. Every decision to make a new game would cost them in some way, be it a delay in the release, less time to include a new feature or otherwise polish the game. The only way this couldn't affect them is if they significantly increased their manpower (which itself would be a cost, but it wouldn't be a time related cost). So no, it's not malarkey. It's Economics 101.

Does anyone else think that both USUM and Let's Go were stripped down from what we'd normally expect from a mid-gen game thanks to the need to make Gen 7 three years long? Granted, Let's Go's campaign isn't necessarily worse, just lacking in Pokedex variety. I'll still buy it because the unconventional elements do interest me and it's not meant to tide us over for two years.

Last edited:
Well slept through everything lol. The games do look good. So knowing Gen VIII will look at least better than this is good. Gamefreak taking experiments is also not bad although I wish it was not in this direction. I'm still interested in what they do with this though. Hope there's at least some story. But more keen on 2019.

I always wondered about the job listings from gamefreak in the recent months, i thought if the games are to be revealed in may and released this year, why hire more people. Now we know, it‘s all for GEN 8 Games in 2019.

You mean like how USUM weren't third versions? I expect these games to not be remakes in exactly the same way.

Well slept through everything lol. The games do look good. So knowing Gen VIII will look at least better than this is good. Gamefreak taking experiments is also not bad although I wish it was not in this direction. I'm still interested in what they do with this though. Hope there's at least some story. But more keen on 2019.

Being better than this isn't exactly saying much.

Not gonna lie im still gonna get this game since i dont have anything to play on my switch anymore but im am very much disappointed at this game in so many levels:

1) title are uninspired sure
2) only 151 pokemon? Sure i love a kanto remake but just the 151 + 1 brand new(possibly gorochu) pokemon? Really absurd
3) pokemon go is type catching that was very luck based if you dont have the right pokeball no strategy what so ever
4) No online connectivity? What are we suppose to link trade locally now? After all the wifi innovation! How would we evolve haunter, kadabra, machoke and graveler?
5) making us wait for another year for a better game!

Although this game has lots of things i want on a main pokemon game: pokemon following you, pokemon costume customization, co-op play, overworld overwor run-in avoids the hassle of finding good the pokemon you want, gym leader, and multiple save file!

I'm actually interested in this because it looks like a different approaching to the series made by Game Freak themselves.
While I do think the generation 8 game is gonna be more like what we're used to, I can't stop thinking what can Game Freak learn about these "spin off RPG-like" games for the future "core" titles.

The lack of online features sucks a lot and I will need to se more information but definitely interesting, I'm certainly in.

Hey... you guys.

Do you know what this means?

Jessie and James in 3D. Prepare for troubling memes and make them double.

we have two branches of the core series now to please fans on all fronts. This is pretty genius on gamefreaks part

This new tactic of theirs is pretty cool. With that said, I don't want to see anymore complaints of "Game Freak are lazy and unimaginative".

Someone's never heard of a little thing called "opportunity cost". Resources don't just magically appear out of nowhere. Every decision to make a new game would cost them in some way, be it a delay in the release, less time to include a new feature or otherwise polish the game. The only way this couldn't affect them is if they significantly increased their manpower (which itself would be a cost, but it wouldn't be a time related cost). So no, it's not malarkey. It's Economics 101.
This.

Maybe we could we have gotten gen 8 this year if they didn’t make this wanna-be a mainline game.

Well there's still smash, red dead redemption 2 and (a hopefully good) kingdom hearts 3. I wonder what region gen 8 is goona be based on.

Firstly, I am somewhat surprised (but not really) by the amount of people here that still assume Pokémon Let's GO is anything more than a spin off title. It isn't a remake of anything, and it is most definitely not a Core Series title. Gamefreak specifically stated in the exact same conference that the actual core series title is in development and will be released late 2019.

Secondly, for a while, it seemed plenty of people here were expecting Gen VIII titles to be released this year. Fortunately, I was not one of them. While some people took the words "2018 or later" and put the emphasis on "2018," I had always thought of "or later" as the keyword in that phrase. As such, I am glad to know that the core series titles will be released in 2019, the year I expected. I was hoping for it released earlier in 2019, but having that timeframe is nice to know anyway, and knowing the games will be released late next year means that nobody needs to freak out about the games "being rushed." a late 2019 release means they are putting a decent amount of time and effort into it, and so as it stands, I do not currently have any doubts that Gen VIII will be great first core titles on Switch.

Fans that literally complain about everything are malarkey as well.

Firstly, I am somewhat surprised (but not really) by the amount of people here that still assume Pokémon Let's GO is anything more than a spin off title. It isn't a remake of anything, and it is most definitely not a Core Series title. Gamefreak specifically stated in the exact same conference that the actual core series title is in development and will be released late 2019.

Secondly, for a while, it seemed plenty of people here were expecting Gen VIII titles to be released this year. Fortunately, I was not one of them. While some people took the words "2018 or later" and put the emphasis on "2018," I had always thought of "or later" as the keyword in that phrase. As such, I am glad to know that the core series titles will be released in 2019, the year I expected. I was hoping for it released earlier in 2019, but having that timeframe is nice to know anyway, and knowing the games will be released late next year means that nobody needs to freak out about the games "being rushed." a late 2019 release means they are putting a decent amount of time and effort into it, and so as it stands, I do not currently have any doubts that Gen VIII will be great first core titles on Switch.

View: https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1001642194271272961

these are core rpgs, just not traditional ones. I guess you can technically call them spinoffs but they're a lot closer to the mainline series than, say, pokemon ranger, or MD

Any news about the pokebank? Or are they just gonna leave it until gen 8? How would you connect this to gen 6? Also when they says it is a new game not a remake they are just saying this will not be 100% the same just 95% of it will be like yellow lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom