• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say it's cool to see Gamefreak have the confidence (and extra cash)to be willing to experiment with Pokemon formula. Sure, this isn't exactly what I wanted but I'm excited to try it.

Isn’t Pokémon Quest developed by Game Freak? That’s what the announcement on the official site says, at least.
Interesting. Also, it looks like they never actually called Let'a Go a mainline game while they made it clear next year's game is and is also the one they were referring to last year.

Edit: Actually, I believe they called it "a core RPG for everyone", so it's just an unconventional main game.

Last edited:
Any news about the pokebank? Or are they just gonna leave it until gen 8? How would you connect this to gen 6? Also when they says it is a new game not a remake they are just saying this will not be 100% the same just 95% of it will be like yellow lol
So the cross gen evolutions are locked out? For Christ’s sake it’s FRLG all over again.
Since it's a spin-off game, I don't think you guys need to worry about how it works among the other core Pokemon games.

Well, it's official. I'm giving these games a pass. Wake me up in 2019 when Gen 8 gets announced.

Honestly though, the biggest things that I'm bummed about are only the original 151 Pokémon are catchable, and no real online features besides Pokémon Go connectivity. I get the feeling Eevee in LG Eevee will refuse to be evolved with a stone just like Pikachu in Yellow as well, which pretty much defeats the point of having an Eevee in the first place if you ask me.

If they end up having something like a postgame National Dex & Pokémon Bank compatibility, or a really kickass new online feature like designing your own Gym, I might be more interested in giving these games a chance, but this trailer has pretty much confirmed that nothing of the sort is going to be in these games.

The trailer made me kinda hyped for the games but I wouldn’t be buying these if there aren’t any new forms/new Pokemon. Even USUM and ORAS had new forms and Pokemon so imo it’s unacceptable for the Switch game to have only Kanto Pokemon with no brand new additions.

I like the MC designs, and I have no issues with the throwing system making its debut in the Switch game (I'm pretty sure I predicted it in one of the 'Things you want to see in the future' threads long before the leak season).
I hope these games have a new story- since GameFreak is adamant that it isn’t a remake.

I'll be waiting for more trailers before a final opinion. If Pikachu and Eevee cannot evolve, it'll be a massive disappointment and will make me ditch the Pikachu version in favour of Eevee.

More probably than not I'll pass these games in favour of Generation 8. Generation 8 will be probably released with a dockless Switch or the Switch price will have reduced till then, making it a better deal for me.

With the extra time, I hope GF really invests a lot of time in energy into Gen 8. I hope they learned from 6 and 7, so my hope Gen 8 has much more playworthiness than XY and SM/USUM. I excluded ORAS because that actually has some replay value.

Any news about the pokebank? Or are they just gonna leave it until gen 8? How would you connect this to gen 6? Also when they says it is a new game not a remake they are just saying this will not be 100% the same just 95% of it will be like yellow lol
There is no mention about any compatibility with Pokemon Bank (though some compatibility with Pokemon Go is confirmed), which implies it's a spin-off and NOT Gen 8.

With all this hype, I think the forum servers are dead. Also, are the teaks technically under Generation 8, now that it's confirmed to be a spin-off?

Gee, I feel a lot more out-of-place on this thread than I was expecting! I was still unconvinced that LGPE were real, and less so that I'd like them, but those trailers honestly have me excited for the two! (It helps that I have a Switch already, of course, so I'm not in the Switch-tempting demographic)

There's some things I'm not happy about, like GO-style catching and a PokeDex limitation, but there's so much more I love, like overworld wild Pokemon, co-op play, the graphics style (I know the chibi characters is a matter of taste, but I think the maps are undeniably improved), customizing Pokemon, and transferring GO Pokemon! (I don't even play GO, but I'm glad GO players might get their Pokemon brought into the main games, depending on LGPE's compatibility!)

And on top of that, it's not intended as the direction the main series goes in, meaning it can go light on some aspects without the games losing them entirely? I'd say this is honestly my best-case scenario come true! (Plus it's allowed for that "only one all-new Pokemon" mystery-it's something a new gen would never get away with, but in a side/sub game, it gives it a fun cryptid feeling that makes me itch to explore!)

View: https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1001642194271272961

these are core rpgs, just not traditional ones. I guess you can technically call them spinoffs but they're a lot closer to the mainline series than, say, pokemon ranger, or MD

Eurogamer simply described this game as an RPG for a broader audience to settle down those freaking out that Let's GO is supposed to be core series games. It is a spin off title no matter what way you look at it, and being 'closer' to the core series than other games is irrelevant. Pokémon GO is also closer than Mystery Dungeon to the core series games, and that changes nothing.

Even if, for instance, Pokémon Let's GO is the start of a new series of RPG games made for even more casual audiences (which I doubt) they would still be a spin off series to the core series games.

Firstly, I am somewhat surprised (but not really) by the amount of people here that still assume Pokémon Let's GO is anything more than a spin off title. It isn't a remake of anything, and it is most definitely not a Core Series title. Gamefreak specifically stated in the exact same conference that the actual core series title is in development and will be released late 2019.

Secondly, for a while, it seemed plenty of people here were expecting Gen VIII titles to be released this year. Fortunately, I was not one of them. While some people took the words "2018 or later" and put the emphasis on "2018," I had always thought of "or later" as the keyword in that phrase. As such, I am glad to know that the core series titles will be released in 2019, the year I expected. I was hoping for it released earlier in 2019, but having that timeframe is nice to know anyway, and knowing the games will be released late next year means that nobody needs to freak out about the games "being rushed." a late 2019 release means they are putting a decent amount of time and effort into it, and so as it stands, I do not currently have any doubts that Gen VIII will be great first core titles on Switch.
I thought they said mid 2019?

It's a new kind of main series game, not a spin-off right? I'm so happy Game Freak in innovating while also continuing the classic main series game we all know and love. This way, everyone gets what they want. Exploring the different ways Pokémon can be played is wonderful. I couldn't be more satisfied with this reveal and the confirmation of a traditional main series game next year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom