• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Pokémon Quest- is it releasing both on the Switch and Mobile?
If so I wonder how is it’s pricing scheme. It'd be strange if it’s a freemium app on mobile and a paid game on the Switch (since the Switch doesn’t have any freemium games afaik).

EDIT: Apparantly it’s free on the Switch. Isn’t it a first for a Switch game?

You know what's super hilarious? All of y'alls that wanted Gen 8 to be released in 2019 are getting your wish, and yet you guys are complaining that we gotta wait more than a year anyways.
Too bad i’m not one those people.

Nice whataboutism though.

Eurogamer simply described this game as an RPG for a broader audience to settle down those freaking out that Let's GO is supposed to be core series games. It is a spin off title no matter what way you look at it, and being 'closer' to the core series than other games is irrelevant. Pokémon GO is also closer than Mystery Dungeon to the core series games, and that changes nothing.

Even if, for instance, Pokémon Let's GO is the start of a new series of RPG games made for even more casual audiences (which I doubt) they would still be a spin off series to the core series games.
This is from an Q&A with gamefreak, so yeah it is confirmed to be main series. But we all know, for us they will be spin-offs.

I guess you could call these “spin-offs,” but if you did, I’d say that they’re spin-offs in the same sense that Rogue One was a spin-off of Star Wars. Which is to say, they may not advance the central narrative, but they’re clearly still invited to the main games’ party. (And also like Rogue One are poised to cash in on both a massive resurgence in popularity as well as the public’s nostalgia for the franchise’s origins.)

So eevee can’t evolve? Even though that’s literally it’s whole damn reason for existing? Yeah definitely a hard pass on these games.

Well, not in LGE, at least. I presume that you can get the Eeveelutions in LGP, and Raichu in LGE. Or they could all be GO exclusives, I suppose, but simply making them version-exclusive seems the more sensible option to me.

Last edited:
Well i think we will get a new story at least with these games, they probably won‘t be exactly the same like Ultra games. Hopefully there is even more new things than just the story, like new gym leaders for example. Well E3 is not far away, we‘ll see soon on Nintendo Treehouse. Man i love E3 Season.

WHAT NO?!!

This has significantly decreased my chances of buying these games. Atleast there is 0 chance for me to buy the Pikachu version.
It’s simply NOT acceptable to exclude the starter evolutions. Eevee is the EVOLUTION Pokemon for f***'s sake.

I wonder if GameFreak regrets creating Raichu now or something.
I had a positive outlook for these games, and even hyped a little, but this News has put a huge dent on my hype.

Bye bye, let's go Pikachu. You're not getting my $60.
Maybe I'll buy a used copy of Let's Go Eevee when I buy a Switch with Generation 8.

So eevee can’t evolve? Even though that’s literally it’s whole damn reason for existing? Yeah definitely a hard pass on these games.

What if you can? What if they let you transfer your starters to GO and evolve them there? Or maybe, if you can't, you can still evolve a random Pikachu or a Eevee and transfer those to the game.

It's a bad decision that you can't do it normally, but my point is, there might be workarounds.

Regarding Pokémon Quest- is it releasing both on the Switch and Mobile?
If so I wonder how is it’s pricing scheme. It'd be strange if it’s a freemium app on mobile and a paid game on the Switch (since the Switch doesn’t have any freemium games afaik).

EDIT: Apparantly it’s free on the Switch. Isn’t it a first for a Switch game?

No there is a lot a free switch games but usually they have locked areas

I'll take being validated that Gen 8 is a 2019 game and call it a night. Let's Go looks like a Pokemon game but they took out what I actually like about Pokemon. I might buy them if they go on sale Pokemon games never go on sale.
You mean the wild battles? Cause that's the only thing that's changed.

Also for those complaining about Eevee and Pikachu not evolving, if you had no problem with it in yellow you really shouldn't have a problem with it here. Just a tidbit

But it’s not going to be my starter- and having a Pikachu or Eevee in the first place is due to its starter Status first and foremost.
Hmm i wonder if Pikachu/Eevee will be in the roster or if they are just your partner like in go.

So I have a couple of questions that I would like answered if anyone knows the answers:

. Is this a Sequel? or are the characters Red and Leaf? Are they new characters?

. Is our rival the opposite gender or has the rival not been revealed yet?

. Are the rumors true that we will only be able to use the 151 original Pokemon and that is it?

. Can our partner Pokemon Pikachu or Eevee be able to evolve?

. Can we bring our Pokemon from Pokemon Go to the main games? I have a shiny Charmander I would like to use which is why I have not evolved it.

Thanks in advanced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom