• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no online functionality means that evolving kadabra, haunter, graveler, and machoke must happen in a different manner, right? Maybe evolution/leveling/experience have all dofferent mechanics

Is this a Sequel? or are the characters Red and Leaf? Are they new characters?
No. LGPE seem to be to Yellow as USUM were to SM, except the protagonists are new for whatever reason.

This is the main reason I've lost interest in these games.

Is our rival the opposite gender or has the rival not been revealed yet?
Unknown.

Implying catching pokemon already wasn't brain dead. How many....how many times have I thrown pokeballs at a legendary to no avail....the hours....all those hours pressing the same dang button.
Oh please. If this is like Go your pokeball can miss. That’s not any better than a legendary popping out of a pokeball.

I wonder if they will have microtransactions like in Pokemon GO lol

Honestly despite everything I'm still moderately excited. I've wanted a Pokemon Co-op game for some time now so my wife and I can play together and my wife seems really excited for this. I feel much better knowing there will be a normal style Pokemon game in 2019 so I can be excited about this game and judge it on its own merits, not on the feeling of dread that my preferred style of play would be gone forever.

The front page of Serebii says that the games having no online was a mistranslation by the journalist.

Plus, it was the April 1st leaker who said that the games would have an online hub. While it remains to be seen if Red and Blue are involved in the storyline, that leaker aced every other claim so I don’t see much reason to doubt the presence of an online functionality.

Last edited:
I come on this forum for the first time in weeks and I see this?! Not trying to be rude but GUYS. This. Is. The. First. Trailer. And. News. Drop. It's not like we're stuck with what we have now until the games' release. Y'all need to lighten up and not jump the gun so quickly. It's really disheartening to see people saying they won't buy the games just because x or y (not capital letters, don't confuse them for titles) isn't to their liking.

Also, this whole debate about the games being a "core RPG" or not... Who cares?! We'll get one next year even if this one isn't. In case anyone wants my 2 cents, I, despite me wanting to believe these are core titles, think that the games are indeed spin-offs, at least a form of a spin-off.

1. The games' page on the website state that the "two titles were created by GAME FREAK, the developers of the Pokémon core RPG titles." I don't think they would add that latter portion if these were core games.

2. GAME FREAK likely would've said another core RPG was being developed to be released in 2019 if LGP and LGE were core.

3. The games' Wikipedia page. I know it's literally not even a day old, but whoever wrote it has sealed the deal until someone changes it.

I'm buying LGE even if the news somehow gets shallower. The only question I have is if y'all think they'll release a bundle with unique joy-con colors; that's the only thing stopping me from buying a Switch this instant.

Thankfully we can put many many leaks in the fake pile.
I know it’s busy for the mods currently, but here's a list of the confirmed Fakes so the work is easier for them. @Pyrax
Real leaks:
Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee (of course)
PokeJungle Chinese leaks have currently 2 out of 3 correct points
Chinese Leak 3.0

Fake leaks:
Trailer Leak (March 2018)
Polish Leak (January 2018)
Unknown Twitter leak imo should be removed since it has nothing of substance. Same goes for Chinese Forum.
YouTube Leak (December 2017)
Reddit leak should be remove imo since it contains nothing of substance.
Switch leaker (September 2017)
Dex Leak (May 2017)
IRUV Freelancer
Anonymous Leaker (Augur 2017)
Regions Region leak is also most probably fake.

don get why people think there are no wild battle...
We saw a wild battle and how the started the catch mechanic in later part of the trailer.
Arepople to stupid to watch even trailer nowadays...
They focused so much on the new catching mini game since its new.

Hopefully though, this means that Kanto and its infectious nostalgia will no longer invade new Pokemon generations and allow them to stand up on their own.
In my opinion, Kalos and Alola definitely do stand on their own and merely have more apparent nods to Kanto than the other games. At least the region design, newly introduced Pokemon, and culture reflected the basis of both regions quite well.

I wonder how they'll drag out the Sun and Moon anime for another year and a half

don get why people think there are no wild battle...
We saw a wild battle and how the started the catch mechanic in later part of the trailer.
Arepople to stupid to watch even trailer nowadays...
They focused so much on the new catching mini game since its new.

Wild battles sure but it's safari zone style, you can't have your pets beat up the wild boiiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom