• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we get blue as our rival then or at least someone like blue and not the opposite gender. Also I am probably getting Pokemon Let's go Pikachu since Pokemon Yellow was my first game and I still have it! Also since Eevee is confirmed not to evolve as well.

They were nothing more than fan service.

It just comes down to individual opinions. I personally prefer Rainbow Rocket to the regular one.

But having Regular Team Rocket in these games increases the chances of them being straight up Remakes with no major changes, which imo is a worse case scenario then having a Rainbow Rocket story in Kanto.

This might also lessen the chances of cameos like Lillie and Lusamine.

It just comes down to individual opinions. I personally prefer Rainbow Rocket to the regular one.

But having Regular Team Rocket in these games increases the chances of them being straight up Remakes with no major changes, which imo is a worse case scenario then having a Rainbow Rocket story in Kanto.

This might also lessen the chances of cameos like Lillie and Lusamine.
I honestly now would rather Lillie alone or with Lusamine to cameo in the new Gen now at this point.

In my opinion, Kalos and Alola definitely do stand on their own and merely have more apparent nods to Kanto than the other games. At least the region design, newly introduced Pokemon, and culture reflected the basis of both regions quite well.
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I love Alola in particular, and am enjoying an increase on Game Freak focusing more on the culture those regions represent. But some of the Kanto allusions just felt distracting and kind of forced, at least to me. (Plus, the introduction of less Pokemon means they were leaning more on older Pokemon, with a spotlight kind of placed on Kantonian ones at times.) I would just prefer less focus on the old and more on the new.

I hope this isn't the Gen 8 graphics...

Seems like Eevee is getting its cry updated similar to Pikachu, wonder if that will find its way into the regular games. Holding out a tiny amount of hope that the extra Pokemon is a flying-type Eevee, and that the announcement can go with the movie, but seems pretty unlikely if you can't evolve your starter.

Probably will be skipping this game, and so happy USUM and online play will still be relevant for another year!

If interested in these games just chill and wait for gamexplain 1-2 hour analysis and then Nintendo Treehouse Broadcasts for new information.

Still. I wonder what was their thought process when they decided to use a more outdated style than their most recent 3DS games.
It just seems to lend towards this game being much more aimed towards kids, which is somewhat contradictory since its Kanto and its Go connected. I imagine it was quicker to have this less life-like graphics, it reminds me a bit of the Anime's step back too. Probably easier to have action, etc.

it reminds me a bit of the Anime's step back too. Probably easier to have action, etc.
I'm not much familiar with animation and models, but I think anime drawing and 3D models work differently in that department.

It just seems to lend towards this game being much more aimed towards kids,

Being aimed at kids =/ older art style. I'm pretty sure XY MCs are older than SM's.

Nah the graphics are for sure worse than they were in gen 7

Not the graphics, i mean did you watch the trailer it looks pretty neat, just the style art is worse than Sun/Moon. But yeah you will surely see the difference when you play it on your TV. That said, i‘m not fan of this style, but it looks all pretty polished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom