• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it matter if they are considered mainline and not spin-offs, other than for marketing purposes?

Personally, I will be disappointed if:

- The games are 1:1 remakes.
- Graphics are just s/m in hd. I need something that marks the switch, like they've always done with new systems.
- We'll go back to grid based.
- Pikachu and Eevee cannot evolve.
- Only first 151 pokemon in the games.
These games match every single point of my list of disappointing things except for number two, cause they are x/y in hd and not s/m XD

I do have to say I am not too excited. I mean, the fact that we're going back to Kanto with only the original 151 Pokemon and some Alolan Pokemon isn't much to get me excited. So we're not even getting Pokemon that evolved from Gen I Pokemon, like Electivire, Magmortar, Umbreon, Espeon, Glaceon, Leafeon, Sylveon, Scizor, Kingdra, or Magnezone? And Kanto is so boring and lacking content wise.

I really hope it's NOT Gen 8, especially with how rushed Gen 7's lineup felt, with TWO third versions right after the initial pair, and NO other remakes or sequels of any kind, Gen 6 or Gen 3/4 is the type of lineup they should aim for with every generation, that being said, that doesn't necessarily mean starting off with the new main series games first, sure they've never started off a new system with remakes, but there's a first time for everything, Gen 3 was the first with remakes, Gen 5 was the first to skip remakes and then do sequels to the initial paired games, Gen 6 was the first to not have at least 3 games taking place in it's initial region. Gen 7 was the first to have 4 or more games and have all of them take place in the same region. I see no reason why Gen 7.5/Gen 8 can't start off with remakes instead.

So you guys know how they released additional Pokemon and forms for USUM? The same could be done for Gen 8.

Let's say, in theory, they release Kanto remakes or sequels on the Switch, and call it the beginning of Gen 8, it can still be Gen 8 without showing off the new Pokemon prematurely because of how they can release new Pokemon mid-Gen now. Maybe include a teaser legendary Pokemon at the very VERY end of the game (like they've done a lot in movies and the anime), and a year later release the new games which are actually Gen 8 with a new region and new Pokemon. It's a strange idea, I'll admit, but it'd be a nice change of pace in my opinion.

See? Called it. I stand by anything I've said about kicking off the Switch with Kanto remakes. Done.

I do have to say I am not too excited. I mean, the fact that we're going back to Kanto with only the original 151 Pokemon and some Alolan Pokemon isn't much to get me excited. So we're not even getting Pokemon that evolved from Gen I Pokemon, like Electivire, Magmortar, Umbreon, Espeon, Glaceon, Leafeon, Sylveon, Scizor, Kingdra, or Magnezone?
Gen 8 next year! You know what this means right? Other 11 months of endless speculation are in front of us!! Yeahhh

Honestly, and call me a nostalgia freak, but I haven't been this hyped for a release since ORAS, and that's because Gen 3 was my shit and my cousin gave me a bunch of Gen 1-2 games back when I was a kid, so ORAS and PLGPE are back to my old ways for me.

I would still be okay with the future Kanto idea that came up during leaks season but it'll be good to get away from the idea of going back there again. I want to see somewhere new. Somewhere that isn't Kanto or Sinnoh or Alola.

Pokémon a f2p is where you get advantages from spending real world money is directly connected to main series. "Oh it's not that advantagous you can still play without it". This is setting an awful precident in addition to the "streamlining" which is code for watered the fuck down.

Pokémon a f2p is where you get advantages from spending real world money is directly connected to main series. "Oh it's not that advantagous you can still play without it". This is setting an awful precident in addition to the "streamlining" which is code for watered the fuck down.
Pokemon being aimed at kids, i don‘t think the mainline games will go paytoplay way, the parents would go mad and boycott pokemon from there on. Well at least for next ten years, i don‘t think we have to fear that.

I share these concerns, all things i don‘t want. But cheer up, for there is something coming in 2019(y)
You say that but the wait for even this announce ment was killing people. You expect them to survive another year and a half out of sheer rejection for LGPE alone?

I would have been fine with these games if they were on the SM engine, had atleast some Johto Pokemon and lots of new forms/new Pokemon.
Even USUM, the most hated third version could do that.

The future trailers may change my view,but currently these games are not worth $60 since they’re literallu XY- Kanto edition, but with even less amount of Pokemon, variety and new areas.

I hope these games bring new things to the table and I want to enjoy these. But GameFreak is making it harder and harder.

I would have been fine with these games if they were on the SM engine, had atleast some Johto Pokemon and lots of new forms/new Pokemon.
Even USUM, the most hated third version could do that.

The future trailers may change my view,but currently these games are not worth $60 since they’re literallu XY- Kanto edition, but with even less amount of Pokemon, variety and new areas.

I hope these games bring new things to the table and I want to enjoy these. But GameFreak is making it harder and harder.
As much as I respect your opinion mate, we get it, you're disappointed and won't buy it.

You say that but the wait for even this announce ment was killing people. You expect them to survive another year and a half out of sheer rejection for LGPE alone?
We had break years before, that will basically be just break year for them, they could also some time after release just grab LGPE if they change their minds and the games drop in price or there are special offers. Also we still don‘t know everything at the moment about the games, yeah at the moment i do feel the games being mostly 1:1 yellow too, but there could be more, this was just the first trailer. People who say they hate them, could change their minds in a month, after knowing more. Vice-versa could happen too of course.

LGPE looks great in my opinion (the key word being 'looks'). The fact it will be limited to original 151 Pokemon and that Pikachu and Eevee can't evolve is a huge disappointment. That being said, I'm looking forward to more new trailers for the game and seeing what else it has to offer. Also, the fact a proper core Pokemon game is confirmed for 2019 is more than enough for me to get hyped. Btw, it says on Serebii that the game will also contain some Alola Pokemon. Did it refer to forms or the actual Pokemon that were first introduced in Alola?

We had break years before, that will basically be just break year for them, they could also some time after release just grab LGPE if they change their minds and the games drop in price or there are special offers. Also we still don‘t know everything at the moment about the games, yeah at the moment i do feel the games being mostly 1:1 yellow too, but there could be more, this was just the first trailer. People who say they hate them, could change their minds in a month, after knowing more. Vice-versa could happen too of course.
Can we really call it a break year since this is still a mainline game, just not gen 8?

Idk why there’s so much salt

The people that wanna play new Pokemon game this year will have something to look forward too.

Gen 8 will be announced in January or February of next year prob.

Everyone wins. I’m shocked we’re getting 4 years straight mainline games in a row. We’re spoiled yet some are still entitled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom