• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious...after you complete the main plot (if there's one clearly), will you be able to rematch the trainers or battles will simply disappear from the game?

I'm sure most of the complainers bought SM AND USUM.
They basically bought the same game twice but they are disgusted by the idea of playing Kanto again.

I'm sure most of the complainers bought SM AND USUM.
They basically bought the same game twice but they are disgusted by the idea of playing Kanto again.
I already had the 3ds back then and the games were not really expensive (if I could go back I would have skipped us for sure)...right now I prefer to wait. I don't want to buy the switch for a spin off-like game when there's a possibility that the switch will cost much less next year or a new version of it will be released. Maybe I'll buy them after I'll finish gen 8...

I already had the 3ds back then and the games were not really expensive (if I could go back I would have skipped us for sure)...right now I prefer to wait. I don't want to buy the switch for a spin off-like game when there's a possibility that the switch will cost much less next year or a new version of it will be released.
I agree, wished never played Ultra and if you don‘t have switch and pokemon is the game you wait to buy, surely you should wait. If I didn‘t have a switch, i would have probably waited for next year too.

I'm curious...after you complete the main plot (if there's one clearly), will you be able to rematch the trainers or battles will simply disappear from the game?
They really gotta think of something cause the Kanto post game in horrible. All you can do is rematch the E4 and go find Mewtwo.

Guess I'm wastin my money then, cause I'm gettin that game and I'm sure I'll love it.
No one said that...It's just a matter of tastes. If I had the switch already I probably would have bought them, but I don't wanna spend 350 dollars for this. I prefer to wait for gen 8.

Knowing that it's a different, even if main series, game instead of gen 8, I feel very relieved and actually pretty satisfied with LGPE. Go is still pretty big where I'm at right now, and most of the fanbase has either never played a pokemon core series game or hasn't since RBY. This is absolutely going to change that for bunch of them. I'm really looking forward to how it will affect our scene.

Of course I will be eagerly awaiting Gen 8, but this will definitely help pass the time.

Last edited:
Pokemon being aimed at kids, i don‘t think the mainline games will go paytoplay way, the parents would go mad and boycott pokemon from there on. Well at least for next ten years, i don‘t think we have to fear that.
Anti consumer practices are baked into Pokémon DNA. Say there is a special item like a tm for an exclusive move or super shiny charm that you can only get from completing the Pokémon go mobile app. In that scenario would you really think that most people will care that you or I are subjected to that bullshit?

Do you really think you or I complaining about it will put a dent in the sales? Do you really think after getting away with that Gamefreak would refuse more Google money to avoid going further?

This is a timebomb imo.

I won’t buy this game. They had everything already done, they simply redo the characters (quite ugly they have even face textured. Not even modeled) and some squared building that are super easy to do. Map, dialogues, pokemon were already there. So I think they did 5 month of develop for this game. Not worth 60 dollars

Anti consumer practices are baked into Pokémon DNA. Say there is a special item like a tm for an exclusive move or super shiny charm that you can only get from completing the Pokémon go mobile app. In that scenario would you really think that most people will care that you or I are subjected to that bullshit?

Do you really think you or I complaining about it will put a dent in the sales? Do you really think after getting away with that Gamefreak would refuse more Google money to avoid going further?

This is a timebomb imo.
You‘re thinking about it from a consumer standpoint, think about it if you were a parent and had a little child who loves to play pokemon and who could cause you a lot of trouble with high bills or goes on your nerves with wanting to pay money for virtual nothingness. Would you really just play along or would you interfere? And if you think about it, gamefreak being a japanese company and japn being a big market and japanese people mostly not tending to overspoil the kids, would they really play along?

The Mewto cutscene really makes me happy and hopeful for the future of catching legendaries. That‘s the kinda thing that should be there to highlight the legendary and not just approaching it like any pokemon and throwing out a masterball. Just add puzzles and riddles to it and include the cutscenes, there you have it, perfect legendary catching quests. That‘s what i meant with testing field.

Game Freak really gonna tell me that the games must remain so pure to Gen 1 nostalgia that they absolutely cannot add the likes of Scizor, Steelix, Kingdra, Tangrowth, Crobat, Espeon, Umbreon etc into Kanto, but one totally brand new Pokemon is ok? What?

I gave my thoughts on this a few weeks ago when the "only 151" thing leaked. Easiest hard pass for me. I'll just play Gen 1 games on the VC if I want this kind of experience - playing it on a TV is not a big deal for me. I wanted a revisit to Kanto to do something cool, 20 years later, region expansion, all that sort of stuff. So this is just whatever.

Cool for y'all that are happy with it, but my opinion is I couldn't care less from what they showed. Gen 8 next year is at least something to look forward to (hopefully).

Oh Game Freak I am really impressed. We've had 2 warring factions on here for some time, those who wanted another main series game, in 2018 on the switch (and not in Alola) the other faction wanted to hold off Gen 8 until 2019. Game Freak has managed to cater for everyone.

We usually have a break year every four years, 2007, 2011, 2015, so we were due a main series release in 2018 but then a gap in 2019.
Instead we're getting a main series remake (is it confirmed to be a yellow remake) in 2018 and a brand new gen in 2019.
If you don't like the look of these games or don't want to revisit Kanto, take your break early.

Only thing I'm not clear on, is it the full original Gen 1 story, and do we have full trainer battles, do we have Misty Brock as Gym Leaders etc are we on a full gym quest going to challenge the E4 etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom