• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You‘re thinking about it from a consumer standpoint, think about it if you were a parent and had a little child who loves to play pokemon and who could cause you a lot of trouble with high bills or goes on your nerves with wanting to pay money for virtual nothingness. Would you really just play along or would you interfere? And if you think about it, gamefreak being a japanese company and japn being a big market and japanese people mostly not tending to overspoil the kids, would they really play along?
So I'm thinking about from the standpoint everyone else should care about first and foremost? If I was a parent who wasn't a fucking nerd I tell my kid "Well if you want that special thing in your Switch game you're going to have to complete your pokedex in go without daddy's money" than my child probably wouldn't do it because last time I played it was an incredibly hard task. My child would give up accept not getting the special thingy but still ask for the next main series game anyways. Then on my child's birthday or on Christmas I have wrapped up no matter what nerds on the internet think and the cycle will continue and then they will be a small subset of anticonsumer nerds that will make proconsumer nerds like me want to blow our brains out by saying bullshit like: "It's optional" "It's Nintendo's right to connect their games however they want" and "a company exists to make money!".

Want to know something else weird practically everyone outside of this place is taking it well. Even youtube, YOUTUBE! I don't think people are as upset as you think.

I should have been more clear. My statement was more or less about the people on this website. I think the general Pokemon fanbase will just be happy to get a new Pokemon game and more power to those people, but this place (and probably more niche Pokemon environments like other forums and stuff but don't quote me on that) tend to have very different types of fans that look for certain different things in the series.

And I did see the comments of at least one YT vid about the announcement. Gotta say I was surprised at how positive Youtube seemed too, but again I didn't see a lot, and it was GameXplain which seems pretty mainstream.

That's it....I feel like I'm finally starting to get fed up with this fandom now. Pokemon just doesn't seen as fun to talk about when the actual games are shown. Just a place complain about the little things that didn't even know people cared about till now. Almost as if they just made it up. I mean sense when did people look forward to wild battles?! I dunno. I don't want to just pack up and leave cause I like talking about pokemon with people, but lately complaints just come off more and more petty these days that it's grating.

I mean no offense when I say this, but I think you really ought to not get so bent outta shape about other people not liking things. This is a public forum for a product that's supposed to be sold to us. If people don't think the product is worth their money they are going to voice their complaints here if they are going to voice them anywhere. You can like the games though and be excited for them. Nobody told you not to, but nobody here needs to be excited or shut up about not being excited either. Just don't let complaints get to you and like what you like. Or complain about the complainers. That's fair too and in a way just lets you join in with the activities of your fellow fans anyway lol.

I definitely don't think acting like people just make up things to complain about is fair though. People like different things about these games so it only makes sense that if you take out a feature somebody won't like it.

And back on the subject of wild Battles, I mean hell when it comes to battles people have already complained a ton about the Battle Frontier being missing for years now, as well as the waning difficulty of the games, and there is an entire sub section of this franchise dedicated to enjoying battling each other in various ways. I've seen plenty of people not like that random battles are a thing and hope for overworld battles instead, but I think axing battles with wild Pokemon entirely is a bad move and that cuts down on both the difficulty and just amount of battles overall, so I can totally see why people would be upset about that feature being cut. People like the rpg combat in Pokemon.

Anyway if you wanna talk about something positive involving the new games, how do you think the story will be? I don't really know what to expect myself. It's hard to imagine what GF would do with Kanto. There are various possibilities like a story centered around Mewtwo and/or Mew but that seems kind of unlikely to me for some reason. Think it might have to do with this new Pokemon? Also how do you feel about us FINALLY getting those walking Pokemon that were in gen 7? Or getting Walking Pokemon back in general? I've always loved that feature so I'm glad it's back, and I don't think I'm the only one. It's nice to see GF take some highly missed and requested feature like that and put it back in just like with Customization in SM.

You seem to mistake my sense of petty complaints for criticism in general. Now let's not start fights, these rooms get closed down easily because of them

One man's petty complaints are another's glaring issues. It kinda feels like you are brushing aside other peoples feelings when you say things like that.

Inb4 GF disappoints a lot of people next year by releasing Sinnoh remakes instead of Gen VIII.

I'd be down honestly. I've been waiting for a bit. With all the nods back to gen 4 in SM I was thinking we would have at least heard about a gen 4 remake by now anyway and I liked gen 4 a lot

easy-mode hand-holding that. Just give me the old school formula back, it's what worked for over 15 years

I don't want to try and rain on your parade or anything but if you are saying Pokemon was getting easy and hand holdy before and you want the old formula I don't see how these games are what you want aside from being in Kanto. With the more childish style and protagonists along with wild Pokemon battles being replaced with nothing but the go catching mechanic it seems like they are trying to appeal to a much more casual audience. I imagine these will be some of the easiest games yet and possibly function fairly differently from the typical mainline Pokemon games.

I'm sure most of the complainers bought SM AND USUM.
They basically bought the same game twice but they are disgusted by the idea of playing Kanto again.

I sure didn't. I said I would be disappointed if they were like that and I stopped caring about them when I found out they were. Buying the same game twice was my entire problem with them and I still think it's dumb they didn't go back to what they did with BW2. I don't ever plan to buy USUM.

Last edited:
By his logic then, Bonsly and Munchlax are Gen 3??? They were introduced in XD Gale Of Darkness, Bonsly was even able to be battled with.
Yeah but that game came out almost 13 years ago, in 2005. When taking reference to the past, we should stay in the more recent ones, as behaviour and cycles change. And in the last years new pokemon for next gen were almost always introduced in a new movie and then appeard in the games. I don‘t know if Joe knows something or just tells his opinion, but for the moment i don‘t think it will be gen 8 pokemon, but could be wrong of course too.

By his logic then, Bonsly and Munchlax are Gen 3??? They were introduced in XD Gale Of Darkness, Bonsly was even able to be battled with.

I think that’s a different case in XD is a spin off. Munchlax and Bonsly would be Gen 3 if you could transfer them from XD to RSE/FRLG.

Some people are really impatient. Relax! You got Gen VII in 2016 and 3 years is reasonable for a Generation. Meanwhile, us Sinnoh fans will have to wait till 2020 or 2021 for Sinnoh remakes.

FRLG 1996 - 2004 = 8 years
HGSS 1999 - 2009 = 10 years
ORAS 2002 - 2014 = 12 years
DPRE 2006 - 2020 = 14 years

Some people are really impatient. Relax! You got Gen VII in 2016 and 3 years is reasonable for a Generation. Meanwhile, us Sinnoh fans will have to wait till 2020 or 2021 for Sinnoh remakes.

Secretly, I'm quite happy that Sinnoh remakes won't be the upcoming games. A franchise's first game on a brand-new console can be packed with flaws. Now I'm more confident that Gen VI, the best Gen of Pocket Monsters, will have worthy remakes and it will most probably be after Gen VIII which means +808 Pokemon

This is more like a spin-off game than a core RPG though. Then next year we get the Core RPG, keeping in tact the 3 year gap between gens and imo, the graphics looked a little childlish compared too what we are used too with Pokemon (Although i don't care about the graphics).

We usually have a break year every four years, 2007, 2011, 2015, so we were due a main series release in 2018 but then a gap in 2019.
Instead we're getting a main series remake (is it confirmed to be a yellow remake) in 2018 and a brand new gen in 2019.
If you don't like the look of these games or don't want to revisit Kanto, take your break early.
They basically decided to create a good game every 4-5 years and skippable games every other year. I know they want to sell bilions of copies but they should take a break and make a serious game. Now I want to be honest and stop joking. These games look fun and all but we are in 2018 and as the first main games of the biggest franchise on console those versions look bad.
Graphics are mediocre at best, grid based, chibi style for the avatars, the plot is probably not that important considering they didn't even mention it, the map is almost exactly the same as 22 years ago, logic is gone cause apparently we have to forget that a lot of those pokemon can now evolve in or from other pokemon, you just throw pokeball because it's easier than battling pokemon, when even the pokedex considered ash a stupid for doing that.
Guys, come on, let's face the truth: it's one step forward and 10 steps back. Right now, I'm living this quite well cause they apparently know (like it happened last year with usum and switch announcement) that traditional fans want something else. They could have called these spin offs, though, especially if gen 8 will be released next year. No one would have cared so much about them not being as huge as expected...

Hold on, are the veterans of GF developing the upcoming games or the not-so exeperienced ones who developed USUM? If memory serves right it's the veterans, right? If so, Sinnoh lovers might be in big trouble...

Just woke up, what did I miss? Did we finally get news?

New games are Let's Go Pikachu and Let's go Eevee officially. We are back in Kanto, wild Pokemon are encountered on the overworld, there are new protagonists, there is a chibi art style, walking pokemon are back, you can transfer Pokemon from Go, GF says the games aren't remakes, there are no wild pokemon battles but instead you use the Pokemon Go catching mechanic, there is two player couch co op, you can dress up your starters (Pikachu and Eevee), Pikachu and Eevee are not able to evolve. There is a trailer up if you wanna watch.

Also there is a Minecraft/Lego toy looking spinoff and more traditional main series games are coming in 2019.

That's an interesting way to think about it. I guess that's kinda true if you think of it that way.

Hold on, are the veterans of GF developing the upcoming games or the not-so exeperienced ones who developed USUM? If memory serves right it's the veterans, right?
These games aren’t the same ones they mentioned last e3. The veterans are working on those.

I think it’s the “inexperienced” ones that are developing Let’s go.

I don't understand this fandom... I love this new games, yes, they have bad things, but they look really fun.

Skip then if you want guys, but im going to enjoy them I don't know why you are expecting anything else, it's the same as always with the damn Hype season, and as always, in about 2 or 3 years everyone will be saying that the games were nice.

PS: im sorry if I sound rude, im very tired of this community and also im sorry if my english was bad, im just woke up 2 mins ago XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom