• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ash-and-dawn_101847_1.jpg

These games aren’t the same ones they mentioned last e3. The veterans are working on those.
The E3 games were given a tentative "2018 or later" release date. I doubt that there was ever a chance of the next generation being released this year.

Not to mention that Masuda, the LGPE director, is a veteran.

It is confirmed to be a core RPG though.

Aren’t the graphics just HD XY/ORAS?
It is but it doesn't look like it is so...
And is it a good thing for a console game to look like a HD 5 years old 3ds game?

Yes, the graphics are XY/ORAS, which makes them look childlish on the Switch.

For me, they are not core RPG games but a spin-off, since you cannot battle wild mons.
Yes, you can battle wild Pokémon. You see them in the overworld and you run into them to start battling.

HOLY SHIT I'VE NOW BEEN INFORMED THAT LGPE IS OFFICIAL (that's what happens when you live in Europe...).

The graphics look quite impressive at first.

Wow that infamous Lapras screenshot is legit after all.

Not to mention that Masuda, the LGPE director, is a veteran.
I mean, sure, but one man isn’t a whole team.

On a sidenote, i’m surprised Masuda is directing again, considering he said he wasn’t going to anymore.
Yes, you can battle wild Pokémon. You see them in the overworld and you run into them to start battling.
You can only catch wild pokemon. You can’t actually battle them with yours.

I just want to know if these are sequels or are we playing as Red lol. I think it would be cool if they are sequels since we will see what Kanto looks like 20 years in the future, even if we can only use the original 151 Pokemon.

Really? Now we focus on language? You can't battle wild pokemon, period.
Yeah, I gotta retcon what I said. I went back and I saw I read that you would have wild battles wrong. So I'm sorry you're right, but I'm not focusing on language, I'm not here to fight like people have been doing, I love how this games look, and the idea they were based on, I will play them and I respect people that don't feel the same about the game. So until people start respecting each other again in here and calm the hell down I won't post any more. Have a good day, and try to enjoy what Game Freak brings to us with all their hard work.

I just want to know if these are sequels or are we playing as Red lol. I think it would be cool if they are sequels since we will see what Kanto looks like 20 years in the future, even if we can only use the original 151 Pokemon.
They’re remakes, you just play as new trainers.

You play as Red and Leaf.

No word on if these are sequels but they aren't remakes and you don't play as Red or Leaf. New protags.

Welp, it's real. Wanting to have my say on this but just waited whether it was gonna be a real thing or not admist the leak mayhem.

Overall looks like a neat title. Looks on par with the 3DS titles with a few unique charms to give it it's Switch feel. Seeing Pikachu being on your shoulder or Eevee on the top of your head is so adorable.
The Chibi style also (IMO) looks a lot better than say OR/AS.

The Go mechanic was gonna inevitably be put in but I'll admit I've never played Go at all so this'll be something new for me (unless there's a way where you can just press buttons like the good old days, heh heh)

Not too fussed about there being only the original 151 Pokemon. I mean there are some Alolan ones (considering this is still Gen 7 btw) but would have been nice if there were some Pokemon from other regions to make it feel more bustling.

Battle system looks neat. A nice mixture of old and new and gives a pretty good look as to what it might be like for the future of the series.

The story side is what I'm interested at. If this is supposed to be a continuation of the Yellow/original games I'm interested to see what they have to offer.

Obviously this isn't the main title since Gen 8 is still in development as I speak but I'm fine with that. I'd say they should spend as much time on making it as high quality of a debut for the main series so having another spinoff to keep the other fans happy is fine by me.

Also that PokeBall thingy intrigues me too.

Overall looks set to be a neat debut on the Switch. Not exactly gonna set Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or any other better looking Switch titles on fire but still gets the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom