• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, peeps, don’t be so stressed out about not being able to grind with wild Pokémon yet. Maybe there will be some feature in the games that will let you level up in some other way and/or fight Trainers multiple times instead, like the Vs. Seeker from Fire Red / Leaf Green. That would allow you to level up your Pokémon faster, as well as get some extra money for stuff. I would be totally fine with that compromise, so I can spare the money that I would have used for hundreds of Repels to trek the region in search of rebattleable Trainers while riding my Pokémon. I mean, doesn’t that sound actually cool? :3

I’m also fine with a limited pool of Pokémon and the chibi graphics. They look really adorable and clear, and walking Pokémon is something I’ve been waiting to see again in forever.

I may not buy them on launch time due to having many other things I need to buy first, but these games are definitely on my checklist.

The male protagonist looks 100% like a modern vision of a young Red. The girl could pass as Leaf with a new hairdo, or they'll pull a Lyra and the girl will be new.

They don't look like "different" protags per say, they just look slightly different in appearance.

Gee, peeps, don’t be so stressed out about not being able to grind with wild Pokémon yet. Maybe there will be some feature in the games that will let you level up in some other way and/or fight Trainers multiple times instead, like the Vs. Seeker from Fire Red / Leaf Green.
We had both the Vs seeker and wild pokemon in FRLG. Why can’t we have both in this one too?

Cresselia92 said:
I would be totally fine with that compromise, so I can spare the money that I would have used for hundreds of Repels to trek the region in search of rebattleable Trainers while riding my Pokémon. I mean, doesn’t that sound actually cool? :3
Repels are cheap, and getting money in pokemon games was never hard.

The E3 games were given a tentative "2018 or later" release date. I doubt that there was ever a chance of the next generation being released this year.

Not to mention that Masuda, the LGPE director, is a veteran.
But Nintendo confirmed here that the E3 announcement was referring to the 2019 game. And didn't Game Freak say that it was "challenging" to make the game and that there are "high expectations" for it in reference to the game Nintendo teased? Surely, they weren't talking about Let's Go.

Last edited:
But Nintendo confirmed here that the E3 announcement was referring to the 2019 game. And didn't Game Freak say that it was "challenging" to make the game and that there are "high expectations" for it? Surely, they weren't talking about Let's Go.
So it's for next year that Masuda said he hopes people don't get their expectations too high? Encouraging...

So it's for next year that Masuda said he hopes people don't get their expectations too high? Encouraging...
In the same breath, Ohmori said that they "will do their best to make a game that lives up to the expectations". That's just Masuda's personal view on a game he may not even be is not directing and more of a "it's not Zelda" statement.

Last edited:
Oh god...I just noticed that we are back to floating stairs...why GF? We can stand a remake where things don't look exactly like the original games, come on...
Immagine.png

The male protagonist looks 100% like a modern vision of a young Red. The girl could pass as Leaf with a new hairdo, or they'll pull a Lyra and the girl will be new.

They don't look like "different" protags per say, they just look slightly different in appearance.
They look different to me, and the logo leaker who got everything else right said that Red is an NPC. Maybe the protagonist is Red's sibling, who just so happens to take his place at a younger age. Awful.

Icy Wind said:
I think the most insulting part of that trailer is “Your first adventure in a new style”.
There are two ways of interpreting that:

"(Your first adventure) in a new style."

"Your first (adventure in a new style)."

What? That LGP and LGE were real? Like 90% of us knew that much. Or do you mean something else? The amount of Go integration?

Go integration... Anyone looking back on my posts knows I've been preaching! Posters in this thread are all in their own world... This time next week, EVERYONE will claim they knew! ;)

Lol, sorry, but that response rubs me wrong.. Again, look back..

I’m warming up to these games now, little by little. The art style, though a reminder of XY’s seems charming.
And the Mewtwo cutscene is the highlight imo.

The games could have been better but they’re perfect for many people. I think they’ll be on my checklist.

The game is a mixed bag for me- like a grey character in a novel.
It has both glaring flaws and a cute charm.

I think the most insulting part of that trailer is “Your first adventure in a new style”.

Like, do they realize that not everyone started with red and blue?
Unless that does not refer to Kanto but simply means that this is just the first game to use those patterns and that next games will follow them, which sounds like despair to me.

Or maybe they want to say that it’s our first adventure on the Switch in a new style.

The protagonist looks more like Ash than Red to me imo, and given that Yellow is supposed to be inspired by the anime...

Like, do they realize that not everyone started with red and blue?

Or maybe they want to say that it’s our first adventure on the Switch in a new style.

The protagonist looks more like Ash than Red to me imo, and given that Yellow is supposed to be inspired by the anime...

Yellow was inspired partially by the anime, yet Red was retroactively associated with Yellow based on his design in GSC being EXACTLY that in Yellow, but mirrored, and his team being based on special Pokemon you could only receive one of (or two of with Snorlax) in Yellow, and regarding the Snorlax, one was missing in the Johto games, as a clear reference to Red/the player catching the other in the Kanto games. I think in the end, it's headcanon whether you want to see this as Red, or Ash at this point, unless one or the other (mostly Red), does in fact show up as an NPC in this game, which I doubt.

From serebii: Edit @ 04:44: The controls for catching Pokémon in handheld mode will have you moving the console using the gyro with no touch control.
If this cannot be turned off people will destroy their consoles catching pokemon. Smart move from Ninentendo to sell more switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom