• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that, like pokemon go, they add other pokemons and regions as DLC? I would like to see johto again, even with the same pattern...

It's more than likely that the game receives updates after the 2019 main series release to become compatible with them.

You know it’s hard to respect a game which has special quirks for your favourite Pokemon’s pre evolution, but they try their hardest to lock your favourite Pokémon out of the game (Raichu)...

Except the map comparison shown by @Icy Wind indicates that very less has changed, and all the things that could make Kanto more lively (151+ mons in the main game, Megas, Z-Moves, connection with SM/USUM) are absent.
I was excited to see how the games would handle Rainbow Rocket... to see they’re pretending that Rainbow Rocket doesn’t exist.

I’m excited to a degree about these games but gamefreak needs to show a more lively Kanto to sell me.

Even if the layout doesn't change a lot, were ORAS not huge hits with the majority of fans for pulling off the same exact thing? Also, we haven't seen anything at all regarding post-game, and you know they'll add something. We'll be locked out of most features you mentioned for the main story, sure, but post-game could bring a lot more available to us.

As far as Raichu and Eeveelutions go, supposedly other Pikachu and Eevee will exist and those ones will be able to evolve, and you can probably trade off your starter to evolve it in the opposite game, you were able to do this with Yellow to other copies of Yellow even, to evolve the starter Pikachu.

Well after 6 months inactivity it is time I return to the land of the living. Looking at this game I feel it is a move on GFs part to bring players of Go to the main series. With a traditional RPG confirmed I do have far less negative to say. Perhaps this is more of a one-off move so a greater fanbase will enjoy the traditional formula.

One thing I am actually looking forward to with these is hearing new versions of the classic original music coming out of something newer than a Game Boy Advance...

Is that... south of Cerulean City, near the daycare?
Hope you are wrong...but the tree matches the position and this could mean that HM may be back.
pokemon_brlf_cerulean_city_by_eli_eli76-d4e352k.png

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 54
Its not hate more of a negative critique. Are we entitled to voice out our own opinion? Wouldn't those negative critique help the franchise that we all for the better cause in all honesty tell me this is not a 10 step backwards from what we had? Eliminating all pokemon after gen 1? No online capability? No wild battle? This makes the game less than what it should have been but like masuda and ishihara says this is for casual gamers and that really pisses most of us off but hopefully the game next year would be great :)

And yet it pulls it off wonderfully, just as ORAS did with the Hoenn layout, which you could say follows all the same structural patterns and components that Kanto does, being that they existed in Gen III together.
The difference is that Hoenn wasn’t remade before ORAS, unlike Kanto that’s been done 4 times already. Yet another version of it that isn’t much different isn’t exciting for a lot of people.
I can accept that maybe this game isn't for you, but I don't like seeing portions of the fandom so hostile and negative towards a certain section of the franchise.
No one is being hostile towards anyone.
Voicing complaints isn’t hostility.

I honestly give up on this fandom. They're so negative nowadays. They'd cry if we got nothing but they cry because we got a, by all definitions, well overdue Kanto remake. There was 9 years between Johto visits, 7-8 years between RBY and FRLG, and 9 years between RSE and ORAS, the fact that anybody is surprised by this astounds me. It lines up almost perfectly with all other remakes ever.

The spirit of this game is marketed to give those who were born too late to enjoy classic Kanto games a chance to live through what we all lived through when we were younger. If a Kanto remake isn't for you, then so be it, a lot of people were turned off by Hoenn remakes too but those games still sold like hot cakes, at the end of the day most of the people complaining are going to get it like they do with every game anyways, but their open negativity really rubs off on otherwise excited fans such as myself.

If you can't at least respect the spirit of this game and the ulterior meaning behind it, you can't really call yourself a true fan of the franchise. This game is targeted to a younger audience of either kids who missed RBY and FRLG, or people who got into the franchise through GO, with the bonus of attracting the nostalgia freaks like me.

The end result is, this will carry a good portion of GO's absolutely massive fanbase into the main series games starting with these and bridging them to 2019. It'll also give kids a fleshed out journey through Kanto.
Why is a Kanto remake long overdue? We did get one already, then we got Johto, and Hoenn. It shoud've been Sinnoh's time, by that logic.

I don't think their intention was to make people that were too young experience Kanto again. This game was born as a way, as you said, to attract the GO crowd, hence the capture mechanic, as well as the removal of wild battles. Since GO was born Gen I first, they probably decided to follow the same path, expecially if LGPE turns out to be the first of a series of game like this, and they'd make new ones in Johto, Sinnoh, etc.

Its not hate more of a negative critique. Are we entitled to voice out our own opinion? Wouldn't those negative critique help the franchise that we all for the better cause in all honesty tell me this is not a 10 step backwards from what we had? Eliminating all pokemon after gen 1? No online capability? No wild battle? This makes the game less than what it should have been but like masuda and ishihara says this is for casual gamers and that really pisses most of us off but hopefully the game next year would be great :)
I thought we were all waiting for the moment we could use cut again after 4 years? Weren't we?
tree.jpg

No online is outright proven to be a false mistranslation, and no Pokemon besides the original 151 is also PROBABLY wrong as far as post-game and patches go. It'll be Dex locked to Gen 1 mons just like FRLG was, Emerald was with the Gen 3 Dex, and BW was with the Gen 5 Dex, but post-game or with patches, the others should slowly become available.

Hope you are wrong...but the tree matches the position and this could mean that HM may be back.
pokemon_brlf_cerulean_city_by_eli_eli76-d4e352k.png

I thought we were all waiting for the moment we could use cut again after 22 years? Weren't we?View attachment 110522

Did you even watch the trailer? It became incredibly clear throughout the trailer that Pokemon seem to have inherent field abilities separate from their battle movesets, which essentially grants the ability to use HMs to any Pokemon otherwise capable of performing that field ability.

I don't have to respect anything related to Kanto if I don't want to, what's the problem of just moving on? I also hate the logic that if you hate Kanto, then you're not a true Pokemon fan. A true Pokemon fan doesn't have to like Kanto to enjoy the series.

We'll be locked out of most features you mentioned for the main story, sure, but post-game could bring a lot more available to us.
They need to tell me that first.
They’ve given us no reason to believe that these features may arrive out of thin air.

We have seen zero changes so far so there’s no reason to believe there are more changes unless gamefreak shows us.

When the presence of these features is confirmed I’ll change my opinions to reflect that.

As far as Raichu and Eeveelutions go, supposedly other Pikachu and Eevee will exist and those ones will be able to evolve,
That is a relief to say the least.

you were able to do this with Yellow to other copies of Yellow even, to evolve the starter Pikachu.
There were two glaring flaws in the system-
1. It requires buying 2 copies of the exact same game if you’ve no friends.
2. The Raichu lost all the starter uniqueness which was the ‘spirit of the game’.

My main question is: Can you use the Pokemon from Go in the Switch game and not only transfer them over? I personally don't think that would be the case, since then you can be on route 1 in the beginning of the game with only Fully Evolved mons.

I seriously doubt they'd release Gen 2 and more as patches or in the post games, although I'd like that.
It depends on what their plan is for LGPE. Is this a one time kind of game? If the answer is yes, then it's possible to add more Pokèmon through patches. But I think they'd at least wait until release to analyze the sales and decide if it's viable to turn this into a series, with new Let' Go! games in the other regions.

No online is outright proven to be a false mistranslation, and no Pokemon besides the original 151 is also PROBABLY wrong as far as post-game and patches go. It'll be Dex locked to Gen 1 mons just like FRLG was, Emerald was with the Gen 3 Dex, and BW was with the Gen 5 Dex, but post-game or with patches, the others should slowly become available.
Except that with Emerald and BW, the Hoenn and Unova Pokemon respectively were the newest Pokemon of their time, so it wasn't tiring while Kanto Pokemon has been around for a long time, thus this wouldn't feel like a new adventure.

Like I said... Patches and updates are a thing. I would bet money on updates being performed as necessary to make this compatible with the 2019 games when they come out.
Again, I wouldn't be so sure...but hey, you can think what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom