• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's Go Eevee and Let's Go Pikachu are confirmed, guys! Have something new to chew into and make another 600 pages.

I know I'm going with Eevee, all the way.

Listen,
Were we expecting a remake of a remake as the first title on the switch? No.
Were we expecting grid based? No.
Were we expecting chibi style? No.
Were we expecting floating stairs? No.
Were we expecting Kanto to be exactly the same? No.
Were we expecting trees blocking the routes? No.
Why exactly should we expect them to introduce the other pokemon?

What you didn't get is that these games were not made for traditional fans, these games purpose is to bring casual players (who only know gen 1 pokemon) to the serie. They said it ("2019 core RPG (untitled) is set to be "in the style of X and Y and Sun and Moon". This should appease competitive players, with Let's Go! aimed at a broad audience, "a core RPG for everyone") and this is why they announced gen 8 for next year.
Ok... and? What's the issue?
GF/Nintendo never said Pokemon Switch would be released this year. They always had "2018 or later" as the release date.
All you have to do is wait a year.

I wonder how the anime will be affected, like will Alola end this year and Ash goes back to Kanto or will they make filler episodes for this season?

I wonder how the anime will be affected, like will Alola end this year and Ash goes back to Kanto or will they make filler episodes for this season?
There's nothing for Ash to do in Kanto. He beat all the gyms there already, and it's unlikely that LGPE will add any new ones.

I do prefer fighting wild Pokèmon then straight up cathing them, but my main problem is how the training will work. It is personal, but I love training Pokèmon and evolving them, regardless if it's wild battle or trainers.

If the new training system is on the same level of GO, or similar, without actually training them ourselves, I don't think I'd like it as much as the previous system.

The fact that you can see the Pokèmon in the world isn't a problem for me, although I wonder how the rare Pokèmon would appear. Will we just have to look around the place they're supposed to be to find them? Or will they appear at random, like appearing from air?

I've heard that wild Pokemon encounters give experience, but I'm not sure how that works. I can't really see it being anything other than like X/Y and beyond's EXP All, with no option.

That is a relief that wild encounters can bring experience one way or another. Otherwise, this was looking to be like Paper Mario Sticker Star where battling the enemies is completely and utterly pointless and it completely sapped my will from playing that game altogether. I still think some comparisons could be made to Sticker Star, though. I'm just glad that unlike the Paper Mario series, this is just a mainline 'spin-off' and not the ultimate direction of the franchise.

I've heard that wild Pokemon encounters give experience, but I'm not sure how that works. I can't really see it being anything other than like X/Y and beyond's EXP All, with no option.

That is a relief that wild encounters can bring experience one way or another. Otherwise, this was looking to be like Paper Mario Sticker Star where battling the enemies is completely and utterly pointless and it completely sapped my will from playing that game altogether. I still think some comparisons could be made to Sticker Star, though. I'm just glad that unlike the Paper Mario series, this is just a mainline 'spin-off' and not the ultimate direction of the franchise.

I found out now about that. It seems howewer you’d have to spam-catching Pokémon if this is the only other way to train Pokémon other then trainer battles. Frankly, between the two, I’d prefer battling then just catching.

And agreed on your last sentence.

Maybe he guides another trainer. And gets another Chance at the League
Actually, that's a really good idea. I've always wanted to see a Pokemon anime that has Ash helping out a newer Pokemon trainer. You see hints of it in some of the other series, but not many. I think it would be a really cool little series to fill up the time.

Actually, that's a really good idea. I've always wanted to see a Pokemon anime that has Ash helping out a newer Pokemon trainer. You see hints of it in some of the other series, but not many. I think it would be a really cool little series to fill up the time.

And it’s kind of synergistic with the games, if the April 1st leaker is right about Red and Blue having a role in LGPE.

Announcement of LGEP Thread
Just so everyone knows we have now created a thread for discussion of LGEP! So this thread will once again be for the Gen VIII games coming out in 2019. Please move all discussion of LGEP to it's thread.

I just hope that the LGPE sub series isn't going to replace traditional remakes like ORAS.
GameFreak knows there's money and interest in more remakes. We'll probably be getting a "Let's Go, Togepi!/Let's Go, Marill!" along with Sinnoh Remakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom