• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also had a feeling we'll hear something along the lines of early 2019, but then again many games have shown trailers and stuff for that don't come out for another year, or even longer than that.

What time is Oha Suta? I'd like to watch it. Maybe they're going to give new details about the games.
they won't give new info that early after the reveal lol

I think we will see a situation similar to when we went from BW2 into gen 6

LGPE will release and then we'll get a proper gen 8 announcement in January . Of course, it's still too early to say.
Well, I’ll certainly won’t expect any news until next year.
Hopefully it’ll be an earlier announcement then the LGEP one :D

I honestly give up on this fandom. They're so negative nowadays. They'd cry if we got nothing but they cry because we got a, by all definitions, well overdue Kanto remake. There was 9 years between Johto visits, 7-8 years between RBY and FRLG, and 9 years between RSE and ORAS, the fact that anybody is surprised by this astounds me. It lines up almost perfectly with all other remakes ever.

The spirit of this game is marketed to give those who were born too late to enjoy classic Kanto games a chance to live through what we all lived through when we were younger. If a Kanto remake isn't for you, then so be it, a lot of people were turned off by Hoenn remakes too but those games still sold like hot cakes, at the end of the day most of the people complaining are going to get it like they do with every game anyways, but their open negativity really rubs off on otherwise excited fans such as myself.

If you can't at least respect the spirit of this game and the ulterior meaning behind it, you can't really call yourself a true fan of the franchise. This game is targeted to a younger audience of either kids who missed RBY and FRLG, or people who got into the franchise through GO, with the bonus of attracting the nostalgia freaks like me.

The end result is, this will carry a good portion of GO's absolutely massive fanbase into the main series games starting with these and bridging them to 2019. It'll also give kids a fleshed out journey through Kanto.

I think it's better to avoid that language of "true fan" and "not true fan".

This seems to be an issue I'm seeing arising more thanks to this game. Segregation of casuals and longtime players. I just got off a comment line on youtube talking about casual players now get to be busy with this game, as if they're not allowed to play the main games cause that's for longtime fans only. I aksed what if the casuals want to play the core game as well, and he responded that they need to learn to play the hardcore games then. And that worries me. And seems people are treating it like core pokemon games shouldn't be played by casuals, and that's only separating us more than we need to be.

I think it's better to avoid that language of "true fan" and "not true fan".
Yeah, I hate this " true fan" stuff.

I personally think that 99% of these "true fans" whined about earlier generations whenever a feature they wanted wasn't implemented, or they didn't like a feature that was implemented into those games.

They just use the fact that they like these games and other people don't as a way to claim their superiority over them and crown themselves a "true fan".

No one likes every feature that all the Pokémon games in history have, we've all complained about something or another. No one is really a true fan. True assholes is what they are.

These two leaks right here don't say this, so they should be kept alive

Honestly, any Gen 8 leaks from before 2018 are likely fake due to the fact Gen 8is still in its early stage of development such that the dex was almost certainly not finalized in 2016 and even now is still being worked on.

What if Lets Go Pikachu and Lets Go Eevee is a prequel of sorts? When the first Pokemon was captured, they didn't use other Pokemon to weaken them, they had to do all the work themselves. This would put more of a focus on the Trainer as a person than the Pokemon itself, making the game more interactive. Maybe the trainer could even level up.

Also the catching mechanic actually involves more skill this time. You have to actually aim and hit the Pokemon to catch them, unlike before where you could easily catch a Pokemon if you had false swipe, some sort of paralysis, and a Pokeball.

Also this time around you don't have to worry about accidentally KOing a Shiny Pokemon you found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom