• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I also honestly don't expect the visuals to look that different from LGPE tbh.
I highly doubt that, it looks like Niantic was responsible for how this game looks, after all it looks like pokemon go.

http://i.********/vp/1527726295100.png

The shading in LGPE is almost compleatly absent in battle
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
I hope in gen 8 the lighting is much better

Examples of ways they can make the Pokemon transform into their temporary forms when following you:

Temporary forms that require held items such as Mega Evolution, Primal Reversion and Ultra Burst would require the Pokemon to hold the appropriate held item plus be in a permanent form that can access it. This includes any Pokemon capable of Mega Evolution with their respective Mega Stones, Groudon with the Red Orb, Kyogre with the Blue Orb and Necrozma needing to be in its Dusk Mane or Dawn Wings form while holding the Ultra Necrozium Z.

Temporary forms that don't require held items like Zygarde Complete form and Mega Rayquaza would have other requirements. Rayquaza would need Dragon Ascent in its moveset while Zygarde must have Power Construct as its ability.

Those requirements are meant to avoid confusion among players.

I respect people's enjoyment of the cel shading, but I'm glad the team is experimenting with taking the shader off. LGPE is what the SM models look like without it, as can be seen from all the videos of the walking pokemon that were ripped from the games, or the hacks that remove the shader. I like the warm, natural feel of the world without it. It always made everything feel flat, jagged, and washed out to me, but that's just me.

I'm an artist though, and think it's just fine. I was freakin mind blown when I saw how the game looked
But it goes against the classic pokemon art direction, pokemon is suppose to look more cartoony and cell shaded just look at the official artoworks and every single sprite before these games

I respect people's enjoyment of the cel shading, but I'm glad the team is experimenting with taking the shader off. LGPE is what the SM models look like without it, as can be seen from all the videos of the walking pokemon that were ripped from the games, or the hacks that remove the shader. I like the warm, natural feel of the world without it. It always made everything feel flat, jagged, and washed out to me, but that's just me.
That is not true at all

upload_2018-5-31_2-7-0.png

That is not true at all

Forgive me, because my intent is 100% not to ruffle anyone's feathers, but now that I see the difference between them, the LGPE one looks even better to me.

But say they do bring back the shader in Gen 8. I sincerely hope it's higher res than the 3DS one if they do. I understand your argument about staying true to the art style. I truly do. However, since GF has always updated the sprites and art with every gen, I don't think they are as concerned with staying true to an art style as they are with making the Pokemon look more vibrant, lifelike, fun, and dynamic. While subjective qualities, I feel that they have continued to develop the art in a way that pushes toward their idea of that goal, and the smooth style of LGPE seems to be a furtherance of that goal.

I really can't tell much of a difference without a side by side comparison, it looks fine. I really don't expect huge leaps in graphics when it comes to things like shading and modeling. I'm more concerned with realistic proportioning, especially with the human characters (some of the larger Pokemon I can understand not making them look 100% realistic).

Aside from that, I couldn't care less how the graphics look. They've looked mainly the same to me since they switched to 3D models. The level design is where I really want to see improvement. I want to see realistically sized and open ended areas that are fun to explore, not endless chibi-esque linear paths.

I don't understand how changing the art style is a problem. You can dislike it if you want, but if the developers chose to change it, then that's their choice, and there is probably a reason behind it.

I think it looks good, anyway.

Honestly I like the more depth feel the Let's go has there. Rather than fur details that looks drawn on, you can actually see multiple hair strands stick out. Such detail
but that's the whole point of pokemon it's not suppose to have realistic details, it's suppose to look cartoony not like toys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom