• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly people need to stop comparing apples to oranges with Pokemon VS BOTW,.

The only thing they share in common is that both are very successful Nintendo franchises that have forever shaped the future of gaming in many regards. Of course they do borrow elements from each other given their similar origins and target audiences in mind, however they also represent completely different gaming genres. Even when Masuda has talked on Pokemon Switch Vs BOTW, fans still want to keep piddling this silly idea.

Expecting Gamefreak to adopt a BOTW open world game is like expecting Sakurai to replace Kirby with Jigglypuff in the dreamland games lol

Why do people always talk about erasing Pokemon
Because people are stupid.
Full on erasing a Pokémon from existence would solve no problems, sure there are some designs people don't like but I wouldn't wish for any to be full on removed, what would that do?
Less bad designs?
Okay, but what are they supposed to do when more bad designs pop up?
If you don't like a Pokémon, just ignore it and don't use it or even capture it, then it may as well not exist.

Why do people always talk about erasing Pokemon, and talk about erasing either Raichu or Jynx so often?
If GF's erasing Raichu or Jynx, they wouldn't appear on merchandise at all.
Jynx even had a Pokemon GO advert poster all on her own during 2016.

I only ever see people (including myself) talk about them erasing Raichu in a joking way. It’s never serious, it’s just making fun of how much Raichu is forced to stand in Pikachu’s shadow.

People probably talk about erasing Jynx because the controversies surrounding her make them uncomfortable. But I’m also not sure that this is usually meant to be taken as a serious suggestion - instead I think it’s more often put forth as a hypothetical question, as in, “If you had to or were allowed to erase a Pokémon from existence, which one(s) would you choose?” And Jynx is an easy target for that.

At least, those are the contexts in which I tend to see those comments made. I’m sure there are some people out there who are truly serious about it, but I would think they make up a minority of the fandom.

(Personally, I really like both Raichu and Jynx. In Jynx’s case, I do think its original image was problematic, although I am quite certain for a number of reasons that it was accidental on Game Freak’s part. Although, I find it both frustrating and intriguing how I can’t really tell what Jynx is supposed to be based on, or what it’s an Ice/Psychic type. I have read several interpretations and analyses on the subject, and I think the one about the Yama-uba Noh drama has seemed the most convincing to me, but for some reason, I still don’t feel totally satisfied with that answer. I know it’s never going to happen, but I would really love to hear Game Freak talk about Jynx’s origins and design process.)

Last edited:
I only ever see people (including myself) talk about them erasing Raichu in a joking way. It’s never serious, it’s just making fun of how much Raichu is forced to stand in Pikachu’s shadow.

Exactly. Same goes for Jynx in my case. Can't forget the sweet times when she was the Pokemon I could rely on the most in Stadium.

Same, dude. Psychic OHKO'd most Pokémon in the game.

It's not because of Psychic though. Lovely Kiss could only be used by Jynx back then, which made it special for me. Not to mention the badass pose she's making in Stadium when she's using Ice Beam.

Oh, ok guys. Sorry for derailing the topic.

I wonder if you can catch all 151 Pokemon in the games, even when Pokemon Yellow didn't have every 151.

And I really hope that there's Elite 4 and they stay the same.
I'd be really disappointed if Lorelei isn't in the game.

I wonder if we will see our collection of Pokemon in the Pokemon Centre or our Bag like Pokemon Go ? I've seen Pokemon Centres in the footage, so im assuming they work like the standard games ?

So been gone a few days and don't really feel like reading through 90 plus or whatever pages of what I know is the same stuff.
I'm going to give my opinion on the whole topic: I like them and for one reason only, we don't have a 2015 scenario.
2015: The year of Pokemon Z, the year Zygarde was to shine and improve Kalos to be a great region and fix things like past third versions have done in the past! Oh wait...
Sure we got Super Mystery dungeon for 2015 but both Europe and Oceania didn't even get that game till about a week and a bit before Sun and Moon was announced AKA they didn't get a Pokemon Game or the big spin off for the whole of 2015.
We have basic confirmation Gen 8 is next year. Are the games a little too different for my taste, yes but I'm not going to decide i'm not going to buy them on a 3 minute trailer and the other bits of info we have. I'll judge them once I've played them.
Again, just my opinion on the situation.

Something that popped of interest (And probs mentioned in the many pages) was the wording of the 151 announcement. It will be original 151 pokemon + some 'Alolan' Pokemon. It will probs just end up being the Alolan forms but they techincally never said Alolan forms, just Alolan Pokemon and this is a Gen 7 game technically. EDIT: See there was a post on it that missed in this crazy last fer days, so ignore this.

So yeah. Just thought i'd give my thoughts.

Last edited:
Something that popped of interest (And probs mentioned in the many pages) was the wording of the 151 announcement. It will be original 151 pokemon + some 'Alolan' Pokemon. It will probs just end up being the Alolan forms but they techincally never said Alolan forms, just Alolan Pokemon and this is a Gen 7 game technically.
Nope. It’s the first 151 + Alolan variants only.

If Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! are based on Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition, will they have only the original 151 Pokémon? For example, will it not include more than the three original evolutions of Eevee?

Mr. Masuda: In general, it's the original 151, but as we just showed with Alolan Exeggutor, some of the Alolan variants will also appear.

Just to be clear, I don't want any Pokemon to removed, and plus Jynx is a good Pokemon.

>no battle spot
>need to pay online for normal battles and trades
what the fuck they thinking ?

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1002427279425921025

I mean the majority of switch owners will already have that for the low price of 20 dollars or so for their other games, so this isn't a deal breaker. Mario kart / Spatoon / Smash and the like will be your main targets with this and we get freebies on top, we are paying a lot less than you would for the Xbone or Ps4.

I mean the majority of switch owners will already have that for the low price of 20 dollars or so for their other games, so this isn't a deal breaker. Mario kart / Spatoon / Smash and the like will be your main targets with this and we get freebies on top, we are paying a lot less than you would for the Xbone or Ps4.
That’s not an excuse for having LESS online features than literally every other mainline game from the past 5 years.

Last edited:
That’s not an excuse for having LESS online features than literally every other mainline game from the past 5 years.

In famitsu, they said the Gts and that were scrapped for simplicity or something. They will have all that back for the 2019 game anyway. But the 2019 game will be payed online as well with all these features, so I would imagine it will be worth the wait.

They will have all that back for the 2019 game anyway. But the 2019 game will be payed online as well with all these features, so I would imagine it will be worth the wait.
The subject wasn’t about the 2019 game. It’s not fair that they will charge us money for less features than we’re used for Let’s Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom