• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that should carry over from go to next years games shoukd be that ability to chang your team anywhere... That is the thing im most excited about LGPE since now you dont need to go from pokecenter to pokecenter to change pokemon and you could train and swap multiple teams at once
I think a reason they wouldn't do that is because it removes the challenge you face during long trips away from Pokémon Centres, if I kept battling my Party would be worn down if I didn't properly stock up, but if I could just swap out my Party members constantly, that would largely negate the worry of Blacking Out or depleting their PP.

In essence it would lead to the question: Why bother Healing my Pokémon when I can just swap them out for a fresh one?

I think a reason they wouldn't do that is because it removes the challenge you face during long trips away from Pokémon Centres, if I kept battling my Party would be worn down if I didn't properly stock up, but if I could just swap out my Party members constantly, that would largely negate the worry of Blacking Out or depleting their PP.

In essence it would lead to the question: Why bother Healing my Pokémon when I can just swap them out for a fresh one?
I think the easy solution would be to allow for Pokemon to be switched out from the bag, but not healed when put into the box. Pokemon Centers would then still be the only place to heal your Pokemon. More specifically, Pokemon Centers could be where you heal your entire box. For all I know that's how it'll work in LGPE; we'll just have to wait until more information comes out.

(Also, just to mention, I'm loving the new banner!:LOL:)

Like every remake?
Remakes actually add new content, and don’t remove mechanics like IVs, and Mega Evolution (and the GTS).

and most of the negatives are very opinionated

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn’t exclusion of GTS mean that it’s imposisble to complete the Pokedex if you don’t have anyone nearby who plays Pokemon/you have 2 consoles and 2 games?
How is it an opinionated negative?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn’t exclusion of GTS mean that it’s imposisble to complete the Pokedex if you don’t have anyone nearby who plays Pokemon/you have 2 consoles and 2 games?
How is it an opinionated negative?

Correcting you because you're wrong - you can complete the Pokedex with the help of Pokémon Go.

Correcting you because you're wrong - you can complete the Pokedex with the help of Pokémon Go.
basically its another reason for make go account if you dont havr
if you have a decent progress congrants you can enjoy the experie much more
its simple who needs online when you have original GO game for transfer your mons

My worry with Let's Go is that it might end the traditional remakes line, that's why I'm not going to buy it because if Game Freak sees the Let's Go games being more successful, they might just end traditional remakes in favor of the more lackluster, barebones and gimmicky remakes. Or maybe the Let's Go games will only be made every other generation just like traditional remakes since Game Freak might not want to use up their new line so quickly, which could save traditional remakes from being ended.

Pokemon GO has the added issue of biomes and region-exclusive Pokemon though. I've got hundreds of rock types and canine Pokémon but very little in the way of water types.

Irrelevant. You can still catch every Pokemon without two games and two consoles.

Region exclusive Pokemon yes, but we can’t say anything without knowing which Pokemon are exclusive to which version on that front.

You can't. Version exclusive Pokemon are a thing in this game.

Yes, Riley. But you can also connect with Pokémon Go as I previously stated, which makes the statement of ‘no GTS - no full dex without two copies of everything’ false.

but we can’t say anything without knowing which Pokemon are exclusive to which version on that front.
It’s safe to assume these games have the same exclusives as red/blue(Oddish/Bellsprout, Growlithe/Vulpix ect..)

Last edited:
It’s safe to assume these games have the same exclusives as red/blue(Oddish/Bellsptout, Growlithe/Vulpix ect..)

Not really a safe assumption, because they’re remakes of Yellow, not Red/Blue.

Hmm... I'm not sure they will, looking at the lists. Blue had the Meowth, Vulpix and Sandshrew lines as exclusives, all of which have Alolan variants now, while Red had no such exclusive Pokemon. It doesn't balance out as well now.

Hmm... I'm not sure they will, looking at the lists. Blue had the Meowth, Vulpix and Sandshrew lines as exclusives, all of which have Alolan variants now, while Red had no such exclusive Pokemon. It doesn't balance out as well now.
They can make their regular forms exclusives while keeping the regional variants in the two versions.

Yes, Riley. But you can also connect with Pokémon Go as I previously stated, which makes the statement of ‘no GTS - no full dex without two copies of everything’ false.
I completely forgot about this. That’s probably why there is no GTS (at least for this game. It will probably return in 2019). You don’t really need it if you have Go. Also back then Yellow had all 3 Kanto Starters. Maybe it will be the same here.

There is still a game coming out next year though. I don’t see why both can’t be considered “Mainline” but like I said, I have seen many people say “don’t worry it’s basically a spin-off” or “the real mainline games are coming next year”. It’s simply in the other order. If Or/As came first before X/Y, that wouldn’t change Or/As being a “mainline game”. And Yellow was much different than Red/Blue having more anime ties and Pikachu as a starter, but it’s still considers “Mainline” and not a spin-off. There no need to try and “de-canonize” something because you don’t like it. If the makers of the game says it’s a “mainline” game, its a mainline game.
Also: people are in denial because they don’t like it when people go against formula.

I hope the next region isn't tropical. As sad as it is, I'm sort of sick of tropical regions for the time being. It's because of three main series games in a row have been set in tropical regions. Although, I don't want the new region to be a cold region either since Sinnoh is already a cold region. So maybe a temperate region for the next Pokemon game similar to Unova and Kalos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom