• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we know that anything with the title “Pokemon” is going to sell well. What’s your point?

Yeah, honestly I'm tired of people throwing around how well they'll sell. I really don't care, at all. GF could have produced anything and it would have sold incredibly well, so it's really not to LGP/E's credit that it will sell incredibly well. GF could have produced something better and it would have sold very well as well. Win-win. Instead we get something mediocre, and hear people justifying it because it will sell well. Honestly, it just sounds like an excuse.

Yeah, honestly I'm tired of people throwing around how well they'll sell. I really don't care, at all. GF could have produced anything and it would have sold incredibly well, so it's really not to LGP/E's credit that it will sell incredibly well. GF could have produced something better and it would have sold very well as well. Win-win. Instead we get something mediocre, and hear people justifying it because it will sell well. Honestly, it just sounds like an excuse.

GF can make games that are literal trash and they would still sell tons.

GF can make games that are literal trash and they would still sell tons.
250px-568Trubbish.png

While yes Kanto is more of a country side region than the other environmentally diverse regions, if there was more of a story to it that mad adventuring through it feel fresh again, I do not mind one bit. Plus I never grew up with Kanto so I'm not too spoiled by it to be tired of it, so I'm good either way.

As some of you were mentioning earlier, I also have a problem with how people are going to be able to complete the Pokedex. I always try and complete it in every game and I don't really play GO so it is going to be very difficult. We will just have to wait and see what new trailers bring.

I personally want the next game to take place in Sinjoh (that region with the ruins the Arceus event of HGSS takes place in) and to be filled to the brim with rejected designs like those designs James Turner leaked or the removed Pokémon from the GS Spaceworld demo. I want Crocky and Bomseel on my team, damnit! However, I doubt Game Freak cares enough about such continuity in the way of regions and probably want to forget all those leaked/beta designs even existed.

I would like Canada since it's where I live, but I want a region based on Australia to see the dex entries (this thing can kill you in 0.001 seconds). :p
Personally I'd like an Italian Region if I had a choice, and as much as I'd love a Region based on my home country, and as perfect as it is already for a Pokémon Region, I kinda need GAME FREAK to prove themselves on the Switch first, something they never really did on the 3DS from what I can gather from Fan consensus, before they go tackling Australia…I've already got one thing I'm having trouble forgiving them for…I don't need another…

New Zealand would be cool. The water starter could be a Kiwi Bird. And we could get water dragons (look it up, it’s pretty cool). And also the regional bird could be steel type since I believe I read somewhere that there are birds in New Zealand that love cars/attacking them (something along those lines).

Or a China region could be cool. Reclining Slaking statue. Terra”Sawk”a Army, They could even throw in Mount Everest in there. And didn’t velociraptors come from China? So that would be the regional fossil mon. And there will be dragons, lots of dragons...

Or Egypt would be cool, maybe get info on the “origin” of Pokémon, and Arceus could be in it.

New Zealand would be cool. The water starter could be a Kiwi Bird. And we could get water dragons (look it up, it’s pretty cool). And also the regional bird could be steel type since I believe I read somewhere that there are birds in New Zealand that love cars/attacking them (something along those lines).
Those birds are called kea and are among the smartest of animals, so maybe Psychic would be more fitting. Not only they destroy cars, they destroy anything if I read correctly since they are extremely curious. Could make perfect Pokémon material.

Talking about New Zealand birds, what about a regional Dodrio based on the moa? Could be interesting.

So far LGPE hasn’t shown anything that makes me want to run out and get a Switch so I can play it. But we still have so little information on it, so I’ll withold too much judgement until I see more. And even if I never pick it up, there are the 2019 games to look forward to; since these games aren’t replacing the standard dual games from what we’ve heard, their existence doesn’t really affect me.

Now, for the 2019 games- I’d love to see a return to the standard 8 gyms, Elite 4 set-up, and hopefully some meaty post-game play; especially stuff that fleshes out the world. I’d also like to see more areas affected by snow, or a series of islands with varying weather on them (not as the main region, but something to visit in post-game).

If the series returns to gyms, please A, give us original puzzles instead of copy and pasting from older generations and B give us some actual character development for gym leaders and not have them as a once off punching bag who we never see again lol

I do feel that the last several games have had the gym leaders interacting with the player (and main story) more than the first few gens. I’d like that to continue.

I’d also like to see a return to the main legendaries not being such a focus. Sure, give us some backstory, make them fit into the world they exist in. But don’t make them the thing that drives the story.

New Zealand would be cool.
No offence to New Zealand, but from my perspective it seems a bit too…narrow, linear…to be it's own region, I looked up some fan-ideas and the best seemed too packed, no enough space unfortunately…also I always imagined it as being more suited to a Post-Game/Pokémon League area for an Australian Region, something like the Battle Zone in Gen IV maybe, Stewart Island could be the League's Location and then you can explore the South and North Islands afterwards or one Island is the Victory Road and then other is the League or they're both in one and the other is an extra area akin to the Battle Zone.
Or a China region could be cool. Reclining Slaking statue. Terra”Sawk”a Army, They could even throw in Mount Everest in there. And didn’t velociraptors come from China? So that would be the regional fossil mon. And there will be dragons, lots of dragons...
The Type Species V. mongoliensis is from Mongolia while V. osmolskae is from present day China, but as far as I know they do whatever they want with Fossil Pokémon.
And if/when they do China, I'd like to see an Ice-Type Tiger…Ice/Dragon-Type Tiger? Dragons and Tigers are supposedly rivals in China.

Australia might be too big. It'd certainly be larger than any existing region.

The topmost New Zealand map could be improved a bit with additional routes joining the cities to be less linear. I don't know a lot about New Zealand geography but there is likely a better balance between those two maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom