• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They showed that in the trailer, a pokemon going from switch to GO. Interestingly they didnt show it going the other way. Did we get confirmation of that? I think we did but im not sure

I thought they only showed a Pokemon from Go being transferred to Switch? It was Dratini being caught in Go and then being sent to Go Park.

They can make their regular forms exclusives while keeping the regional variants in the two versions.

Or the Alolan forms have to be transferred from Go, making them Go-exclusives.

We also don’t know exactly how transferring from GO to Let’s Go will work. They showed that Dratini being put in a park, but there’s no guarantee you can use it or if it even counts toward the Pokédex.

We kinda do now at least due to the Eurogamer interview with Masuda. It involves Bluetooth. And we can catch/use it.

I think we are due for a temperate region, to be honest. Maybe the region could be based off of England, Switzerland or even Germany.

I think we are due for a temperate region, to be honest. Maybe the region could be based off of England, Switzerland or even Germany.

Roughly half of the regions we've had so far have been temperate, so I don't see how we're "due" for another one. We're much more "due" for a colder, Northern region than anything else.

I really want a Scandinavian region. With Alola, we now have two tropical regions. I don't want anything even remotely 'warm', no Australia, Egypt, South America, etc., etc. The Scandinavian countries are just gorgeous, with unique landscapes, and architecture different from what we've seen before. They are also really underrepresented in media.
Me too. I hope they could finally focus more on ice Pokemon.

I really don't care much where the region takes place as long as it's something exotic and full of character. Kind of getting sick of generic biomes, we've had so many of them that it feels stale at this point. Whatever they choose, I want it to be something that plays up the culture and unique locations of the source material. Regions that would be particularly well suited for this would be Australia, Canada, Mexico, Egypt, China, India, or Greece.

Roughly half of the regions we've had so far have been temperate, so I don't see how we're "due" for another one. We're much more "due" for a colder, Northern region than anything else.
I would be down for a cold region, but the only reason why I don't want the new region to be a cold region is because Sinnoh is already a cold region to begin with. But just as long as the new region isn't tropical, I'm fine with it.

I would be down for a cold region, but the only reason why I don't want the new region to be a cold region is because Sinnoh is already a cold region to begin with. But just as long as the new region isn't tropical, I'm fine with it.

They don't really emphasize Sinnoh's cold climate all that much aside from a few areas though. For the most part, I would put it in the temperate category along with Kanto, Johto, and Kalos. We haven't had a truly cold region at all.

I wonder if we will see our collection of Pokemon in the Pokemon Centre or our Bag like Pokemon Go ? I've seen Pokemon Centres in the footage, so im assuming they work like the standard games ?

I knew I was forgetting to quote something, but the PC will work differently. It was mentioned somewhere, IIRC in the IGN interview/page, that we'll be carrying the PC with us this time.

I imagine they'll remove the healing function in it, and it definitely works well if personal PokeRide is going to be a thing. I hope this part does carry over into Gen 8.

They don't really emphasize Sinnoh's cold climate all that much aside from a few areas though. For the most part, I would put it in the temperate category along with Kanto, Johto, and Kalos. We haven't had a truly cold region at all.
Either way, I would much prefer if the new region isn't in the same climate category as Sinnoh to avoid the same monotony that happened when Hoenn and Alola were shown one after another.

I’m trying not to let the fact that I am Scottish lead to some bias here but I think I’m failing.

I don’t really understand the suggestions for a region based specifically on England. The majority of England is mild, green countryside. While the differences in identity between all the major cities are clear to British people, to non Brits I think they would be difficult to distinguish between, with the exception of London and possibly York.

However, a region based on the entire United Kingdom could be really fantastic. Scotland’s rugged wilderness and vast, rich history of myth and legend would be an amazing thing to incorporate into the Pokémon world. With Edinburgh and London you have two extremely different UK capital cities which in Pokéworld form would add real variety and flavour to a region. There could be an island off the mainland of the region based on Northern Ireland, or Ireland as a whole really since Pokémon can get away with that sort of discrepancy. The influence of Wales is a little harder to put my finger on but I’m thinking maybe a small corner of the mainland region dedicated to Dragon trainers.

A region based exclusively on England would break my heart, considering the potential that a UK region has (and yes, my obvious bias).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom