• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want to see a combination of Bug and Dragon, Bug is the only type so far that isn't paired with Dragon. It would also be interesting to see a bug-eyed dragon with mandibles, now that would be a terrifying Pokemon, but not out of Game Freak's realm to make a design like that.

I would like to see some more opposite type combos too.

And I agree on the psuedo legend thing, I want the psuedo of gen 8 to not be another dragon. It's getting kind of boring. I would be more open to a steel or fairy type one, and even a dragon, if they had a cool type combo. Actually, if they gave us like this really beautiful looking dragon/ice type or dragon/fairy type, I would probably be all over it. Dragon psuedos (with the exclusion of Goodra. He's my cute slimy boi) often just look really cool and boss looking. After Gen 7 made a freaking roach look elegant, I want to see what they can do to a dragon. Make her a true beauty, a beauty that can be feared.

There's more Ishihara comments comments pertaining to gen 8 here.

Full comments from Pokemon's president on the Let's Go games and 2019 entries - Nintendo Everything

“The release in the second half of 2019 is a completely different game. This will not be an entry point into the series, but rather something that we want people who have been enjoying Pokemon games for a long time to look forward to.”

^that's huge imo, as that's basically the opposite of their design philosophy with the 3DS games. I'm excited

Full comments from Pokemon's president on the Let's Go games and 2019 entries - Nintendo Everything

“The release in the second half of 2019 is a completely different game. This will not be an entry point into the series, but rather something that we want people who have been enjoying Pokemon games for a long time to look forward to.”

^that's huge imo, as that's basically the opposite of their design philosophy with the 3DS games. I'm excited
Well, I expected that. They said that right when LGPE was first revealed. But, this doesn't mean that we are getting an open world game or anything like that.

I wouldn’t hold my breath. In that same interview:
– “The game will be released for the Switch, but we have kept in mind the ‘hands on’ approach that we’ve had so far. We have also polished the graphics.”

I wouldn’t hold my breath. In that same interview:

"hands on" feel is him referring previous pokemon games in general (handheld). Which means that the 2019 game wont be a huge overhaul, which is fine

I'm moreso excited because not designing the games as an entry point gives them more leeway in terms of things like difficulty, etc

We usually have gamefreak/TPC on record saying they want to cater to everyone, make games approachable etc, when this interview is them saying the opposite.

Huh, so they're aiming for longevity with this one. That either implie the game itself might be a long one, or there might be some rich amount of post content. Either way is a great idea, cause who knows how long the switch will last, so might as well milk the game.

Ishihara said:
– “The game will be released for the Switch, but we have kept in mind the ‘hands on’ approach that we’ve had so far. We have also polished the graphics.”
– “The game will make it easy to see the way in which Game Freak has continued to evolve and succeed the tradition of Pokemon.”
– “We want to deliver a product with lots of experiences where we can say ‘We did this for the Pokemon fans’ and where you can meet a lot of new Pokemon. A so called ‘completely new product’.”

This is certainly exciting.

I'm just hoping they put more postgame content in Gen 8. X and Y's postgame was just abysmal with the only things going for it being a new area and the Looker missions.

The first games of every generation have always had little to no postgame, would be nice to have all the typical third version stuff added at the start.

i don't think Ishihara mentioned longetivity. just that their aim is to please longtime fans with this game.

Honestly just having Ishihara on record saying that these games aren't designed to be entry points to the series is pretty massive. To be that could imply less handholding. I'm beginning to think perhaps gen 8 will be a soft reboot (but more akin to hoenn, where it was mostly new pokemon + some older ones)

Last edited:
i don't think Ishihara mentioned longetivity. just that their aim is to please longtime fans with this game.

Honestly just having Ishihara on record saying that these games aren't designed to be entry points to the series is pretty massive. To be that could imply less handholding. I'm beginning to think perhaps gen 8 will be a sofot reboot (but more akin to hoenn, where it was mostly new pokemon + some older ones)
I don't think that they will ever have a large amount of new Pokemon again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom