• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it still wont equate to it causing the downfall of the Traditional Series
It'll be interesting to see where Game Freak goes with developing future games. Seeing as though LGPE is/are destined to sell tremendously, will the games beyond 2019 be devleloped similarly? But then what if the 2019 games sell about as well from the new fans gained? I'm guessing that Gen IV remakes are next after the 2019 games, since Game Freak can then assess the succes of LGPE and the 2019 games, especially if 2020 is a break year and the remakes come out in 2021 or later.

I don't think games beyond 2019 except a second run of Johto games will be like LGPE. 2 years is way too soon for another Let's Go styled remake.

It'll be interesting to see where Game Freak goes with developing future games. Seeing as though LGPE is/are destined to sell tremendously, will the games beyond 2019 be devleloped similarly? But then what if the 2019 games sell about as well from the new fans gained? I'm guessing that Gen IV remakes are next after the 2019 games, since Game Freak can then assess the succes of LGPE and the 2019 games, especially if 2020 is a break year and the remakes come out in 2021 or later.

Both games will undoubtedly sell well, they're Pokemon games so it's a given. Doesn't mean they have to change one to essentially be like the other. There's TOO much vastness in terms of Pokemon games for them to suddenly think they need to start developing all of them the same way just because of how one sells.

Amazon sold out of let’s go within two hours of listing according to Pokeshopper. It’s safe to say this game will sell like hot cakes lol

Both games will undoubtedly sell well, they're Pokemon games so it's a given. Doesn't mean they have to change one to essentially be like the other. There's TOO much vastness in terms of Pokemon games for them to suddenly think they need to start developing all of them the same way just because of how one sells.
Well, I guess my question was more so if the catching method in LGPE will be a one-time thing, since that seems to be the most controversial aspect of the games. After all, I do like the interactivity and sense of realness it brings. Maybe it'll be something you can toggle in future games? Then everyone would be happy.

Well, I guess my question was more so if the catching method in LGPE will be a one-time thing, since that seems to be the most controversial aspect of the games. After all, I do like the interactivity and sense of realness it brings. Maybe it'll be something you can toggle in future games? Then everyone would be happy.

Doubt that will become a permanent staple but it's possible. Perhaps for another Let's Go type of game, or optional like you said.

Yeah I really can't see Let's Go replacing the traditional games- I can see it becoming a split, but not replacing them. Because their gameplay is dumbed down and competitive is absent, as well as a shitton of pokemon. It's pretty much a collect and adventure game without competitive- and there's always a limit to how long you can keep playing those. Anyone thirsting for more after playing those games would gladly jump into one of the 2019 titles.

Besides, one major thing is being forgotten here- 2019 is bringing us new pokemon. New pokemon always attract sales.

New EVERYTHING always attracts sales. I feel some people are vastly overestimating casuals and underestimating long time fans. Pokemon at its core is about interacting with others, namely through Trading and other aspects of online play like Battling (casual or competitive). So they will ALWAYS keep these aspects as the traditional style of play.

Plus, GF is a company. They like money. Why axe one series for another when you can do both? That's why we have so many side series. I'm not sure why suddenly people have forgotten that GF can do more things than one and keep what they've been doing. I know it's always highly pessimistic here but come on now.

New EVERYTHING always attracts sales. I feel some people are vastly overestimating casuals and underestimating long time fans. Pokemon at its core is about interacting with others, namely through Trading and other aspects of online play like Battling (casual or competitive). So they will ALWAYS keep these aspects as the traditional style of play.

Plus, GF is a company. They like money. Why axe one series for another when you can do both? That's why we have so many side series. I'm not sure why suddenly people have forgotten that GF can do more things than one and keep what they've been doing. I know it's always highly pessimistic here but come on now.
Well, I guess to be fair- Let's Go would take up some of their resources. But if they feel like they can devote the resources to both series, then that's clearly not an issue, and even if it means that we might get fewer sequels along the lines of USUM with barely anything changed- are we really hurting? XP

Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are bound to sell more than whatever the next games are simply by the virtue of being the first games on the Switch.
So I don’t think them selling in huge numbers is even a question. They’re going to sell well, and maybe even the best selling Pokémon games of all time.

And it still wont equate to it causing the downfall of the Traditional Series
Why wouldn’t it? If LGPE is more successful than traditional main entries they have no reason to keep doing the latter. They’ll just keep making Let’s Go forever and make more money.

Why wouldn’t it? If LGPE is more successful than traditional main entries they have no reason to keep doing the latter. They’ll just keep making Let’s Go forever and make more money.
Because LGPE is only the first title for a sub-series of games. There's no certainty that just because it's successful that future games following the same formula will also be. People are going to leap all over it because they don't know exactly how it's going to be. Once people know, they may be less likely to buy a second game in the same style- but we won't know that until that second Let's Go game is ever released.

So I wouldn't worry about the franchise at this stage because LGPE is only the start of something- and you can pretty accurately compare it to Pokemon Go here. Pokemon Go was popular in the beginning and then its popularity swiftly tapered off. This game may get a ton of people to buy it, but the next Let's Go release may not be as fortunate.

Plus heck, we don't even know if LGPE will be popular. Let's not fret prematurely when we already know that there's a traditional game coming anyway.

I don’t think an entire Let's Go subseries will be required to keep the new fans from Let's Go. They’ll buy any other Pokémon main game just because it’s Pokemon, and they would want to justify their purchase of a Switch.

Also, apart from Johto I don’t see any other region which is Let's Go Series friendly-

Hoenn - It already got its traditional remake so I doubt they’re remaking Hoenn again so soon.

Sinnoh - It was basically the anti-casual region, and children were reported to have problems navigating it. I’ve seen many people say that the game seems became linear after Sinnoh was a thing. It also began the trend of 'extreme genwunners' where people began to think GameFreak 'ran out of ideas'.

Unova - It's a controversial region in general, and moreso among the 'casual crowd'. Debatably the prime of the ‘GameFreak is running out of ideas!' era. Many Pokémon like trubbish and vanilite line were criticised and the complaints of 'too many Pokemon' also arose.

Kalos and Alola - We're really expecting Kalos and Alola games anytime soon?

Imo Kanto and Johto are the only regions which are suited to the Let's Go format. Not to mention the casual crowd can adapt to the general main series games after being introduced to some mechanics via Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee.

There's no certainty that just because it's successful that future games following the same formula will also be.
You could say the exact same thing about the traditional main entries. There was no certainty at the time that future Pokemon games after Red/Blue were going to be successful.
and they would want to justify their purchase of a Switch.
Mobile gamers spend hundreds of dollars on microtransactions. They’ll have no problem buying a Switch just for Let’s Go without buying an other main game.
Also, apart from Johto I don’t see any other region which is Let's Go Series friendly-
Given that they already expressed interest in making more Let’s Go games, i’m not sure Game Freak sees the other regions as Let’s Go “unfriendly”.

Last edited:
Given that they already expressed interest in making more Let’s Go games, i’m not sure Game Freak sees the other regions as Let’s Go “unfriendly”.

The other regions simply don’t capture the crowd the current Let's Go games do.
The 'casuals' do not care for Snivy or Oshawott- they care for Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Children were literally getting lost in Sinnoh, so you'd have to change the map a lot. The 'casuals' also don’t care about Pokemon like Magmortar and Cranidos.

The popularity of phrases like 'There are too many Pokémon.' and 'GameFreak is running out of ideas.' among the general population show this easily.

The other regions do not have Kanto's general appeal among the general population.

Mobile gamers spend hundreds of dollars on microtransactions. They’ll have no problem buying a switch just from Let’s Go without buying an other main game.

So they'll probably buy another Pokémon game if one is available on the Switch if they liked LGPE's experience. And the another Pokémon game will be Generation 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom