• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other regions simply don’t capture the crowd the current Let's Go games do.
Pokemon Go is on gen 3 right now. I’m sure future Let’s Go games can attract casuals from fans of other generations.
The popularity of phrases like 'There are too many Pokémon.' and 'GameFreak is running out of ideas.' among the general population show this easily.
“Popularity”

A minority of random people whining on Facebook and Youtube from 8+ years ago isn’t going to affect Game Freak’s decision on making more Let’s Go games.

Pokemon Go is on gen 3 right now. I’m sure future Let’s Go games can attract casuals from fans of other generations.
What about the fact that we already got Hoenn Remakes, and Sinnoh needs a massive makeover to be casualised?
Not to mention that thanks to LGPE the 'casual' fanbase might start buying Generation 8 games, rendering the effort worthless.

Popularity”

A minority of random people whining on Facebook and Youtube from 8+ years ago isn’t going to affect Game Freak’s decision on making more Let’s Go games.

Just go to any random place and ask how many people know what Emboar is vs how many people know what Charizard is.
The general public also marvels on the amount of Pokemon today.

What about the fact that we already got Hoenn Remakes
We got Kanto remakes too, didn’t seem to stop from doing LGPE.
Just go to any random place and ask how many people know what Emboar is vs how many people know what Charizard is.
Which is why Pokemon Go exists. To make people more familiar with Pojemon from later gens.
The general public also marvels on the amount of Pokemon today.
Do you have any data to support this claim? Because people online aren’t “the general public”, never have and never will.

Hold on...people are actually worried Let’s Go will replace the main series entirely? I know many are still not happy about LGPE, but...Jesus.

Could LGPE outsell the 2019 games? Possibly, but that alone isn’t going to be enough for GF to scrap the mainline games.

Seriously, guys, calm the F down. It’s just getting ridiculous now.

Sooo... as someone who does not own a Switch, are there any features new to the Switch that were not available in the 3DS that might have some creative uses?
There's HD rumble, and the IR camera. That’s all I can remember currently.

We got Kanto remakes too
Like... a decade ago?
A decade and a few years have quite some difference.

Like... a decade ago?
There’s HGSS too.

Regardless, that’s not the point. Game Freak clearly doesn’t mind remaking old games over and over again.

There's HD rumble, and the IR camera. That’s all I can remember currently.

Like... a decade ago?
Hm... doesn't seem like there's much to really play with there. =/ Figured it might be food for thought- or at least another possible gimmick evolution like Inkay.

Sooo... as someone who does not own a Switch, are there any features new to the Switch that were not available in the 3DS that might have some creative uses?

We can open the Eshop while playing a game at the same time lol

We can open the Eshop while playing a game at the same time lol
XD ...of course they would implement that of all things. Gotta buy things for your Switch while playing on your Switch.

Don't suppose it's got any sort of GPS or other technology that could count steps? Maybe we can get a pedometer evo. =P
That or we just toss it onto Pokemon Go for that. How cheesy would that be?

Pokémon as a franchise has always been evolving since its creation, that's why I don't think Let's Go will ever 'take over' the main series games. It is true that older generations and regions are occasionally brought back, but as a whole Pokémon has kept moving forward the last 22 years. I think some people may not realize the last time a main series game has taken place Kanto as the main region came out over 14 years ago, doesn't seem too strange to revisit that region after all this time.

In a way the Let's Go games are also an evolution of the Pokémon games, with completely new features and mechanics that fit in with the current age of the near universality of smartphones. Pokémon will have to keep up with the changing times and technological developments, and this is a part of it. The Pokémon franchise won't be able to do that if they keep recycling the same regions and Pokémon over and over, no one wants that. Exactly like they have been doing up until this point, continuing to expand the Pokémon universe while at the same time utilizing their existing creations is the way to go (no pun intended) in order to preserve the longvity of the franchise. Besides, we don't even know how the games will sell, how they will sell in comparison to the future main series game on the Switch, or if GF will keep making Let's Go games. To me, it's far too early to leap to conclusions.

They’ve been advertising that the IR camera can identify gestures like rock, paper, scissors...

Inb4 a Pokemon which has 3 split evolutions based on rock, paper and scissors. To get an evolution you must point the IR camera on your hand and do the Rock/Paper/Scissor gesture to get the corresponding evolution.

I believe that Let's Go games will be made with regions that already got remakes. I can see Game Freak doing that to preserve longevity of Pokemon. Either way, I don't see traditional remakes going away.

Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are bound to sell more than whatever the next games are simply by the virtue of being the first games on the Switch.
So I don’t think them selling in huge numbers is even a question. They’re going to sell well, and maybe even the best selling Pokémon games of all time.

Not necessarily. Didn't ORAS sell better than XY? One of the best selling games of that year, despite not being the first of that console? Sure you could say it had some "remake nostalgia benefits" but the point still stands that LGPE being first doesn't guarantee they'll sell better than Gen 8.

It's unquestionable that they'll sell very well, of course. It's a given.

Why wouldn’t it? If LGPE is more successful than traditional main entries they have no reason to keep doing the latter. They’ll just keep making Let’s Go forever and make more money.
I don't think that Game Freak would flat-out discontinue the traditional main series in favor of the "Let's Go" series. However, I could see them merging the two, since all you really need to do is add Pokemon Go integration, it's catching style, and co-op to the traditional main series and BAM, you've just fused the two, assuming that Pokemon appearing in the overworld is already coming to future installments. Just make the Pokemon Go catching system an optional way of catching instead of pressing a button, and everyone gets the best of both worlds.

I don't think that Game Freak would flat-out discontinue the traditional main series in favor of the "Let's Go" series. However, I could see them merging the two, since all you really need to do is add Pokemon Go integration, it's catching style, and co-op to the traditional main series and BAM, you've just fused the two, assuming that Pokemon appearing in the overworld is already coming to future installments. Just make the Pokemon Go catching system an optional way of catching instead of pressing a button, and everyone gets the best of both worlds.
I wouldn’t mind this approach at all, actually. Just make all of LGPE’s mechanics optional.

It’s also better than keeping two separate series imo.

I agree, it would allow more quality to the games with the casualized version being completely optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom