• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't see them removing evs/IVs regardless how good LG potentially does. Namely because they'd have to rework how the stats work while having the same HP, Atk, Def, Sp Atk, Sp def, Spe to equal what they would have been at their maximum potential. They'll likely not have just Atk, Def, and HP (and Speed since LG will by technicality be using some form of speed since it's likely turn based) as Chansey/Blissey will just be too overpowered. It also makes things too predictable and it won't really be fun. They'll likely lose quite a bit of current players without evs and IVs. Nintendo would be in a one-sided-win situation if they try to merge the "competitive" mechanics of both LG and the main Competitive games.

It's the same principal, tho~ They could have potentially sold extremely well, and GF could have taken those formulas and replaced/added them in the main series games but they didn't~ Pokemon as a whole can handle a lot is what I was trying to get at~
XD They can't really take those formulas without partnering with those companies on the games full time, because they wouldn't have rights to them.

Speaking of which- they partnered with Niantic to create Let's Go. Niantic probably owns a lot of the Go-inspired properties within those games, so it wouldn't benefit Game Freak to switch to only producing Let's Go games, in case their partnership with Niantic goes south. Kinda like- and this is a really lame comparison but- how most of the world lost Oreo O's because Post Cereals and Kraft Foods stopped co-branding. Since one company owned the recipe and the other owned the Oreo name, the cereal could no longer be made.

I have a wierd feeling? do you think that they could create a regional form that goes into the oposite direction with simlar touch?

poison/fairy Politoed with Mistic Surge or Corrosion ability? that always could poison flying types

-Other question why don't we have no non-ghost Phantom Force users? some psychic, fairy or dark types would be good candidates or not???Delphox im looking at you?

I have a wierd feeling? do you think that they could create a regional form that goes into the oposite direction with simlar touch?

poison/fairy Politoed with Mistic Surge or Corrosion ability? that always could poison flying types
I'm not sure what you mean; are you trying to say a Regional Variant that takes what a Pokémon is and invert it?
Like if they, for example took Wismur and made it quiet; or Alakazam and changed it so that it relies on physical strength?
-Other question why don't we have no non-ghost Phantom Force users? some psychic, fairy or dark types would be good candidates or not???Delphox im looking at you?
*Cough* Level 55+ Yveltal *cough*

XD They can't really take those formulas without partnering with those companies on the games full time, because they wouldn't have rights to them.

Speaking of which- they partnered with Niantic to create Let's Go. Niantic probably owns a lot of the Go-inspired properties within those games, so it wouldn't benefit Game Freak to switch to only producing Let's Go games, in case their partnership with Niantic goes south. Kinda like- and this is a really lame comparison but- how most of the world lost Oreo O's because Post Cereals and Kraft Foods stopped co-branding. Since one company owned the recipe and the other owned the Oreo name, the cereal could no longer be made.

Whether with partnering or not or taking some aspects or more, etc. The main point I was making is that lots of things in Pokemon can exist simultaneously. Whether the game was made by GF specifically or not wasn't my point in bringing up those other games, it was that they can all exist in tandem with one another and that it's meaningless to think LGPE play style could end up replacing the traditional forumla.

Whether with partnering or not or taking some aspects or more, etc. The main point I was making is that lots of things in Pokemon can exist simultaneously. Whether the game was made by GF specifically or not wasn't my point in bringing up those other games, it was that they can all exist in tandem with one another and that it's meaningless to think LGPE play style could end up replacing the traditional forumla.
Let's Go and the traditional games can't coexist. Eventually, one will have to replace the other. Due to promises of better sales, they would probably go with Let's Go.

Let's Go and the traditional games can't coexist. Eventually, one will have to replace the other. Due to promises of better sales, they would probably go with Let's Go.
Not true at all, they can coexist just fine. Just because they are Pokemon and RPGs, doesn't mean one will replace the other. This just goes back to my point being that we have two Mario RPG series and neither replaced one another.

But GF has literally said that the two will coexist from now on. Like. We heard this on announcement day. So
Not true at all, they can coexist just fine. Just because they are Pokemon and RPGs, doesn't mean one will replace the other. This just goes back to my point being that we have two Mario RPG series and neither replaced one another.
We'll see when LGPE sells like hotcakes and the 2019 game flops.

Or they can coexist like Persona and Shin Megami Tensei proper. Persona (a spin off of SMT) is arguably more popular than SMT, yet Atlus is still planning to release SMT 5 on switch just a few years after Persona 5. Now Gamefreak might decide to cut the traditional series due to Let's Go, but given that they had help from Niantic they are likely to divide the profit with Niantic. I'm sure they are fine with that as it seems that Niantic has helped them produce this game. It probably makes sense to produce the Let's Go games in comparison to other sub games post release of initial generation games given a certain profit/effort model, but they'll still want to produce regular series games because they are still successful and the profits are likely divided up less.

Last edited:
I don't think that the 2019 game is a traditional new generation. I'm thinking that something's gonna happen to change the formula.

I honestly do not get this. No they dont have to replace the other... They can coexist. Let's Go is probably gonna exist as its own separate side thing and the traditional main games will continue being made. That makes the most sense. The 2019 game is gonna sell lmao is supposed to be a brand new main series, those always sell a lot.

We'll see when LGPE sells like hotcakes and the 2019 game flops.
Why would you think the 2019 game is going to flop?

Let's look at past sales for games following the traditional formula- they have been in the millions. Loyal fans and casual players buy those games, and have supported that version of the franchise for decades. People like the competitive battles, like weakening a pokemon before they throw a ball at it, and probably like not having the added challenge of having to aim a ball at the pokemon to make it go in. We like having all 800+ pokemon available. And more importantly- 2019 is a new adventure with new pokemon to add.

Honestly, the reactions to Let's Go that I have seen from long-time fans has been mainly either disgust or dismissal- "These games obviously weren't meant for me, so I stopped caring." The Let's Go games just aren't that big of a hit with a good portion of the fanbase because it's lacking a lot of the things that people love about the franchise.

So what it winds up being is that you're expecting a ton of casual fans, with no loyalty to Pokemon whatsoever, and those Pokemon fans who will give any Pokemon game a try, to carry Let's Go from here on out.

My money's on the traditional games going on strong because they know that those fans are loyal and not going anywhere anytime soon. If Let's Go sells well, they may continue as a sub-series, but they're not going to replace the traditional games because that would be dropping an entire market of loyal consumers.

Edit: Also, a testament to how uninteresting Let's Go is to Pokemon fans- there seemed to be more excitement going around for the leaked 1997 Spaceworld demo than there was for the Let's Go announcement. And I mean- it was a major difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom