• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet that it will flop because it won't reach a very big audience. GF clearly stated that this game is not meant to be an entry game. Making games just for your core audience is a very bad idea.

That is not what that means at all. Pokémon 2019 is for every person who has enjoyed and purchased the core series games up until now, it isn't leaving out anyone who was already a target audience. Pokémon LGO is simply a more casual game targeted towards a broader audience and GO players, in an attempt to bring them into core series Pokémon. Gamefreak have even explicitly said Pokémon 2019 is more akin to XY and SM mores than LGO are, so there is no reason to assume Gamefreak are now targeting one specific kind of audience.

The core audience is a minority. The more casual players make up the majority of the fandom. You don't know about this because they don't post here. It's important to make games that appeal to a very large audience, which is what LGPE does. This is why LGPE will outsell the 2019 game. Whether this will lead to the death of the traditional games is anyone's guess, this will lead to GF making more games like LGPE.

How many casaul fans would buy a Switch for Pokémon?
This is not the anime. Unlike the show which could alienate its loyal fans because new fans can easily make up for it, the games cost money, and in many cases, you need to buy a plattform.

What reasons do casual players have not to play the 2019 games, if they’ve been playing all the other Pokémon games, even casually? If the traditional series has been doing well all up til now, why do you expect that to change? How much more complicated do you expect these games to be?
A lot more complicated. These games are made with the dedicated fanbase in mind, you know. Or, that may just be PR talk to avoid potential backlash towards LGPE.

A lot more complicated. These games are made with the dedicated fanbase in mind, you know. Or, that may just be PR talk to avoid potential backlash towards LGPE.
Every game up until now has been made with the dedicated fanbase in mind. This isn’t gonna be dark souls with poke balls, dude. And yeah, I would bet pretty good money a lot of this is just PR to get people hyped who were let down by the LGPE announcement

Every game up until now has been made with the dedicated fanbase in mind. This isn’t gonna be dark souls with poke balls, dude. And yeah, I would bet pretty good money a lot of this is just PR to get people hyped who were let down by the LGPE announcement
No. As of late, Pokemon has really been targeting the casual/mobile crowd.

I bet that it will flop because it won't reach a very big audience. GF clearly stated that this game is not meant to be an entry game. Making games just for your core audience is a very bad idea.

??????? It's Pokemon, in what universe is it not going to reach a big audience. It's LITERALLY Pokemon.

The core audience is a minority. The more casual players make up the majority of the fandom. You don't know about this because they don't post here. It's important to make games that appeal to a very large audience, which is what LGPE does. This is why LGPE will outsell the 2019 game. Whether this will lead to the death of the traditional games is anyone's guess, this will lead to GF making more games like LGPE.

No, the core audience is not the minority unless you mean competitive players. And OFC LGPE appeals to a large audience...as will the 2019 games....as do all Pokemon games. Literally built on the foundation of attracting large audiences to play the game together so I have no idea why you think the 2019 game will somehow be marketed any differently than any other Pokemon game.

No. As of late, Pokemon has really been targeting the casual/mobile crowd.

Where?

Isn't it a bit sad that after the initial announcement of Lets Go, fans are still squealing about it lol

The point is, it shouldn’t be seen as 'sad' for a game to receive constructive criticism.

It's not that its getting criticism, its what people are criticising and arguing about lol Just going in endless circles. Suppose its something to do before the Nintendo E3 showcase tomorrow.

I hope they show atleast some new content. Every other remake had new areas so it'd be a downgrade if it didn’t have anything.

I liked the Mewtwo cutscene and it was impressive, but I don’t think the game is currently worth a new console and $60 imo+ paid Online service with less features than the 3DS entries.

I expect 0 mention of the 2019 game at E3.

Good one. But where are the not legendary? what about Delphox and maybe other dark , psychic, fairy types?

I'm not sure what you mean; are you trying to say a Regional Variant that takes what a Pokémon is and invert it?
Like if they, for example took Wismur and made it quiet; or Alakazam and changed it so that it relies on physical strength?
@Matleo What do you mean by "always poison Flying-types"? Toxic never misses when used by a Poison-type, anyway.

rather be immune from status condition that flyers can send on your pokes.
I though about corrosion and some situtations.

rather change ability from weather into terrain and create something more niche like.
But yes that Alakazam thing is something .... but maybe would need to think about type , stats and stealing niches of others...
quiet Wismur? soundproof is already a ability but if not sound moves then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom