• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I propose the next games highlight seasons so we can get seasonal forms. For instance.

мιnccιno - ѕprιng ғorм

мιncccιno нaѕ goттen υѕed тo тнe ѕυnlιgнт and нaѕ тυrned ғroм a norмal тype (wιnтer вecaυѕe ғlυғғ) тo ғaιry. ѕprιng мιnccιno ιѕ capaвle oғ ғeelιng тнe aυra тraceѕ on тreeѕ, dιrтy oвjecтѕ вedѕ вy people and poĸeмon alιĸe.

мιnccιno - ѕυммer ғorм

мιnccιno нaѕ ѕнed ғυr and learned тo cυrl ιт'ѕ тaιl, wнιcн вυιlт υp waтer. ιт wнιpѕ ғoeѕ wιтн ιт'ѕ new мove "тowel ѕplaѕн." ιт ιѕ a waтer тype.

мιnccιno - aυтυмn ғorм

мιnccιno'ѕ only ғlυғғ regrown ιѕ on ιт'ѕ нead gιvιng an eмo looĸ. ιт нιdeѕ ιn denѕ, wιтн nυтѕ ιт ѕтole ιn an eғғorт тo ĸeep ιтѕelғ alιve. darĸ тyped.
We already had that in Gen 5, though... it would be good if they brought it back so Deerling and Sawsbuck could function again, but I'm sure Minccino won't get seasonal forms since it already came from a seasonal region.

That was an example and when I say highlight I mean expand upon. Think SM and the day/night cycle.

That was an example and when I say highlight I mean expand upon. Think SM and the day/night cycle.
I actually liked your example and wish Sawsbuck had some more interesting form differences other than visual. It seemed like such a waste of potential.

I have to say, however, that I think a seasonal form like you describe would be less drastic than an Alolan form, and I feel like it wouldn’t change type completely, maybe just gain/change secondary types. Just a personal opinion.

And if they do bring seasons back, I know a lot of people had issues with it because of the distribution of Pokémon and some areas/items being exclusive to certain seasons. I don’t think the month-by-month thing was the best way to go, so instead I might make various parts of the region seasonally-themed... that way, when you take your sawsbuck to the mountainy area designated for “winter,” it will become the winter form.

. I don’t think the month-by-month thing was the best way to go, so instead I might make various parts of the region seasonally-themed... that way, when you take your sawsbuck to the mountainy area designated for “winter,” it will become the winter form.
Just make seasons weekly. You won’t have to wait too long and you’d still get to see the entire region change.

Just make seasons weekly. You won’t have to wait too long and you’d still get to see the entire region change.
I actually like that seasons cycled once a month in Black and White. It made it feel fresh and exciting every time it happened to me. If there was a season change every week, that feeling might lessen. People who don't have a lot of time to play could also have trouble taking full advantage of the different seasons if they're very busy one week.

Personally, I'm still holding out for a region based on a South American country. There are so many different cultures and beautiful nature, from the Andes to the Amazon to the islands of Tierra del Fuego. The ancient Inca people and tribes still surviving to this day would be interesting to base legends around. A region inspired by Australia would also be amazing.

I don't think that seasons are coming back unless they remake Black & White.
And we all saw day and Night becoming the whole hot mess for gen 8.

I don't like seeing people gripe over focus on one part of the world.Try a destination but focus on multi culture?

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, that’s the opposite of what would please me. I know most people hated the month thing cuz it took too long to get certain areas and stuff, but I didn’t like how the seasons then didn’t match the world. Idk, maybe I play too much Animal Crossing, but I would rather the seasons change in real-time. However, I know that won’t happen because who even plays a Pokémon game for a full year. That’s why I think ideally they should just have parts of the region correspond to seasons. Then your whole journey can feel like a natural progression through the seasons. Also, this way, if they make more Pokémon that change with the seasons (not likely), they could make it more than a cosmetic change and people wouldn’t have to worry about not being able to use their favorite form during a certain season.

Honestly, that’s the opposite of what would please me. I know most people hated the month thing cuz it took too long to get certain areas and stuff, but I didn’t like how the seasons then didn’t match the world. Idk, maybe I play too much Animal Crossing, but I would rather the seasons change in real-time. However, I know that won’t happen because who even plays a Pokémon game for a full year. That’s why I think ideally they should just have parts of the region correspond to seasons. Then your whole journey can feel like a natural progression through the seasons. Also, this way, if they make more Pokémon that change with the seasons (not likely), they could make it more than a cosmetic change and people wouldn’t have to worry about not being able to use their favorite form during a certain season.
Honestly, they should make a held item, or even better, just a Key Item that would allow you to change a Pokemon to any seasonal form you want, this should allow Deerling and Sawsbuck to enter their other seasonal forms.
I think I'd like to see a combination of these. Like... I'd prefer real time changes overall, but maybe some specific areas could be one season all year round? Like how Ecruteak has trees that are always autumn-colored, you get an area where it's always fall. And maybe also add held items that change the seasonal form, too, and that could override whatever season it is everywhere else.

With the items, it would also not matter if seasons weren't present in a region (like Alola- which really should've had wet and dry seasons) because you would be able to control it with items instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom