• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trainer customization is still absent in LGPE.
That's a good point. I just still don't know how indicative LGPE is for future remakes, and how mainline it really is (marketing aside)?

But yeah, this might mean no customisation for Gen IV remakes.

It's obvious from the fact that the second player is forced to be of the opposite gender. It's pretty jarring if, say, two boys are playing and one has to look like a girl; they wouldn't do that if there were different clothes and such.

If the DP remakes happen to have trainer customization, expect it to be only be the redesigns, DP look and Platinum look. I know this is very limited, but this is Game Freak we're talking about, they want to keep things iconic.

I think trainer customization will come back in Gen 8- I feel like it's absent in LGPE for the sake of simplification, making the maps similar to Red and Blue (mainly because Kanto doesn't have locations to change clothes at) and in some misguided belief that the characters look iconic in any way.

Did we all forget they did the same thing for ORAS? I would've thought remakes don't get customization was obvious after that.

That’s pretty flimsy evidence for establishing a long-term pattern considering that until now, ORAS were the only remakes to exist after customization was introduced. That’s like saying in mid-2009 that it’s “obvious” that HGSS will actively block cross-gen evolutions from happening since that’s how FRLG handled it. Hell, you could have said (and plenty of people did) in 2015 and 2016 that customization was never coming back in any future game at all, since they removed it from ORAS and Masuda mentioned in some interview that it was just supposed to give some regional uniqueness to Kalos.

If you’d already assumed based on that lone example that all future remakes would not feature customization, you weren’t recognizing anything “obvious,” you were just guessing while erring on the side of conservatism.

Last edited:
That’s pretty flimsy evidence for establishing a long-term pattern considering that until now, ORAS were the only remakes to exist after customization was introduced. That’s like saying in mid-2009 that it’s “obvious” that HGSS will actively block cross-gen evolutions from happening since that’s how FRLG handled it. Hell, you could have said (and plenty of people did) in 2015 and 2016 that customization was never coming back in any future game at all, since they removed it from ORAS and Masuda mentioned in some interview that it was just supposed to give some regional uniqueness to Kalos.

If you’d already assumed based on that lone example that all future remakes would not feature customization, you weren’t recognizing anything “obvious,” you were just guessing while erring on the side of conservatism.
Agreed. Like the quote, however it goes- once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is a trend? We can't base anything off of a single instance, and I'm not sure that LGPE would even count as a second instance, considering how far it falls off the beaten path.

Pretty sure I've misquoted, but the gist is right. XD

I think customization in a remake would depend on the region. I could see them doing it for sinnoh Becaise fashion seems more important there. I doubt they will though just because it’s a remake and they want it to be an updated but similar to the original game.

I don’t doubt we’ll get it for new generations though. If it was going to be Kalos exclusive then Alola wouldn’t have had it. It’s such a popular and loved feature, it’s one I don’t see them taking out.

But i do believe we don't get CC in remakes, because it wasn't in the original game.

You’re probably right, but that reasoning is irritating because that’s so arbitrary. All of the remakes have included both brand-new content as well as imported content from their immediate predecessors. Customization and other features are left out simply on a whim.

With customization, that is something they could easily continuously update with DLC. Adding new clothing and hairstyles and so forth. Works pretty good with Pokemon GO (minus the hair part).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom