• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re probably right, but that reasoning is irritating because that’s so arbitrary. All of the remakes have included both brand-new content as well as imported content from their immediate predecessors. Customization and other features are left out simply on a whim.
Maybe it's not so much on a whim as just electing to not take the time to rearrange maps to fit in the clothes shops? Plus ORAS might've just been to make Kalos stand out more and for LGPE, it's probably due to the simplicity and trying to keep close to the format of the original games.

Nobody talking about this?Maybe it's the Gen 8 mythical of the next movie,the speculated flying eeveelution or the Pokémon (let's) Go special Pokémon (or a combination).

I'm betting it's either the LGPE special pokemon or nothing. XD

Maybe it's not so much on a whim as just electing to not take the time to rearrange maps to fit in the clothes shops?

If they’d quit spitting in the face of convenience by insisting on dislocating the Poké Marts from the Pokémon Centers in remakes, then they’d have some perfectly good spots to set up some apparel shops.

Not that “We were just too lazy to change the maps” is a good excuse anyway.

Incidentally, I haven’t seen anything about this... do we yet know where we get the Pikachu and Eevee clothes?

Plus ORAS might've just been to make Kalos stand out more and for LGPE, it's probably due to the simplicity and trying to keep close to the format of the original games.

Of course that would be part of their reasoning, but I would say that those are both rather flimsy aesthetic arguments that circumvent the core issue of how to make a good, well-rounded product. Personally, I don’t find “Because hey everyone look over here *points at X and Y* don’t forget to buy these games as well so you can play with these ~exclusive features~” and “Because simple” to be very convincing reasons for removing a useful and well-liked feature.

Of course that would be part of their reasoning, but I would say that those are both rather flimsy aesthetic arguments that circumvent the core issue of how to make a good, well-rounded product. Personally, I don’t find “Because hey everyone look over here *points at X and Y* don’t forget to buy these games as well so you can play with these ~exclusive features~” and “Because simple” to be very convincing reasons for removing a useful and well-liked feature.

It's also a very simple feature that exists in Go.

Well, for Let's Go specifically, it seems that the games are very simplified compared to the regular main series games, with a strong "opportunity for veteran players to play with newer players" vibe. It's accessible for Go players, but also for young children, and seems to have been stripped of just about all forms of "advanced" gameplay for the sake of making everything easy to understand. There's also the factor of the short development time- though that obviously didn't hinder them adding the ability to dress up your starters.

Whatever the reasoning is, it's definitely cutting corners, which was borderline understandable on the 3DS when their final remark on the system was that they had pushed the system's limits- can't exactly go all out if the system can't handle it (though I can't say that the cutscenes in S/M have been worth it.) But the Switch should be able to handle much more so... hopefully we'll start to see games with just generally more in them. I'm not surprised that LGPE isn't the first game to offer it, though, seeing how basic it seems to have been intended to be.

Is it? If you're referring to Super Contests, there were already special attires for that feature just like in ORAS.
ORAS took the dressing up for contests from Sinnoh. That is one reason, but also the fact that I’m sinnoh contests there is a dress up stage. The ball seals to make your Pokémon look cooler upon coming out. And the poketch is such a big part of sinnoh. Such an important accessory. It gives a fashion feel.

Also, might be remembering wrong but doesn’t team galactic claim to be fashionable?

Well, for Let's Go specifically, it seems that the games are very simplified compared to the regular main series games, with a strong "opportunity for veteran players to play with newer players" vibe. It's accessible for Go players, but also for young children, and seems to have been stripped of just about all forms of "advanced" gameplay for the sake of making everything easy to understand. There's also the factor of the short development time- though that obviously didn't hinder them adding the ability to dress up your starters.

Whatever the reasoning is, it's definitely cutting corners, which was borderline understandable on the 3DS when their final remark on the system was that they had pushed the system's limits- can't exactly go all out if the system can't handle it (though I can't say that the cutscenes in S/M have been worth it.) But the Switch should be able to handle much more so... hopefully we'll start to see games with just generally more in them. I'm not surprised that LGPE isn't the first game to offer it, though, seeing how basic it seems to have been intended to be.

I wouldn’t call it cutting corners wen clearly their aim isn’t the battlers. It’s those that enjoy the journey and those interested in the franchise but afraid due to how complicated it can be at times. Just because soemthong is hand holdy to us doesn’t mean it is to others. Heck I got confused by the game this morning telling me crabhammer is supereffective against zoaroark disguised as silvally, and then it acting like I never met it before and not telling me typing. I get why but still can be baffling if you don’t think much about it.

It's still a bit too early for CoroCoro leaks huh?

Meaning for this month, not for Gen 8.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t call it cutting corners wen clearly their aim isn’t the battlers. It’s those that enjoy the journey and those interested in the franchise but afraid due to how complicated it can be at times. Just because soemthong is hand holdy to us doesn’t mean it is to others. Heck I got confused by the game this morning telling me crabhammer is supereffective against zoaroark disguised as silvally, and then it acting like I never met it before and not telling me typing. I get why but still can be baffling if you don’t think much about it.

You're right, I don't think cutting corners is quite what I meant- it's less avoiding putting stuff in and more just not planning to put them in in the first place. I understand the simplification with LGPE, but with the main games, I wonder if their scope isn't narrow or was the hardware holding them back? Like they could do more, include more, but did they just not think to, not want to, not have the room to do it, or what. Were the attempts to make the games newcomer-friendly contributing to limiting games' content?

I think 2019 will be interesting to see what they do, given the Switch and having LGPE as the new beginner title.

I bet it's either a mythical, a starter or a Lucario-like Pokémon.
I'm leaning towards mythical or at least a legendary- doesn't make a lot of sense to just tease one starter. Hoping it's not another Lucario, though... we've got enough Lucario-likeness with Zeraora for the time being.

Nobody talking about this?Maybe it's the Gen 8 mythical of the next movie,the speculated flying eeveelution or the Pokémon (let's) Go special Pokémon (or a combination).
It's been talked about quite a bit on this thread, actually, but since "unknown new Pokemon" is all we have to go on, there's not that much that can be said.

I don't think that it will. It's too early.

How is something too early? Do you realize how early Togepi (a Gen 2 Pokemon that was revealed in Gen 1) was put into the anime? Do you know how early we got a Gen 3 Pokemon in the anime? Did you see how early Lucario was in a Pokemon movie? My final question is, what standard are you making your assumption from?

Nothing gets the hype game up by revealing a next gen Pokemon as early as you can. What I am gathering from the reports is we will see the Pokemon in some form in the movie, it will make an appearance in LGPE, and will have the full shebang revealed next year when the Gen 8 game is revealed.

Pokemon from the next generation debuting in a movie is nothing uncommon. We also had Donphan, Snubbull, and Marril debut before the second generation really began. We've had Latios and Latias debut before Gen III. Then there was Lucario, Weavile, Manaphy, Bonsly, Buizel, Chatot, Munchlax, and Mantyke being revealed before Gen IV started. I know we had Zorua and Zoroark debut before Gen V started as well. The last movie of Gen V even gave us our first Mega Evolution with Mega Mewtwo Y.

Its not too early at all for them to sneak in a Gen VIII Pokemon in the new movie, since new Pokemon outside of their generation have debut numerous times in the past.

It's possible they will tease a new mechanic instead of a new Pokemon. It's not unheard of thanks to Mega Mewtwo Y being shown in the Genesect movie.
I don't know about new mechanic- like I don't think I could see something like Z-moves being debuted in a movie. But that's semantics, I guess- either a new pokemon or a new form seems likely to me.

I would place my bets on a teaser either featuring a Gen 8 mythical or teasing the start of the Gen 8 anime series. Kinda hoping for the latter, because it might offer more new information than just rehashing the special pokemon that we already know we're going to get from LGPE. Wouldn't surprise me if it was just the special pokemon, though, because they are particularly good at dragging out "news" for mythicals- just look at Zeraora and Magearna. Especially Magearna, yeesh.

LGPE just look so freaking good. You can tell Game Freak put a lot of effort in developing them, so I'll gladly purchase LGE when it comes out. Any saltiness about these games being remakes instead of a new generation got thrown out the window just looking at those graphics ;).

We will not get a gen 8 Pokemon, nor mechanics in the new movie, since they want too promote Lets Go Eevee. In the past, Pokemon that appeared weren't that substantial or we were already far away into the anime that it didn't affect it and was promoting the new games and in the Lucario situation, D/P was pushed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom