• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Character customization, Pokémon customization and no HMs? Now I need to know if this have a postgame and I will be ready to get this game.

What would the post-game even be? I believe they’ve said that Johto isn’t in the game, and since it’s a remake of Yellow with only the original set of Pokémon, I doubt that the Sevii Islands will be included, either. At best, I could maybe see there being an island with a casualized Battle Tower (or, if they’re super-adamant about not leaving Kanto, then maybe something like a new “Battle Ship” that comes in and takes the S.S. Anne’s place).

The post-game could very well be some quest about the new Pokemon. Maybe that even entails catching Mewtwo.

Ah, right, the one-and-done post-game plot where we just trek back and forth over areas we’ve already been to.

So that’s two things.

That's about the same as the 3DS games if you exclude catching dozens of legendaries (so like XY and SM). Maybe there will be USUM-like sidequests rather than that pointless Slowpoke scene. They could include iconic anime characters, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Boring, but not a new low unless they don't have anything like the Battle Tower. The latter might actually justify co-op.

We will not get a gen 8 Pokemon, nor mechanics in the new movie, since they want too promote Lets Go Eevee. In the past, Pokemon that appeared weren't that substantial or we were already far away into the anime that it didn't affect it and was promoting the new games and in the Lucario situation, D/P was pushed back.

Gen 8 pokemon probably not. However, the confirmed new pokemon 808 could definitely be in the movie and would still promote LGPE since as of now they are the only games that will have access to this pokemon.

What would the post-game even be? I believe they’ve said that Johto isn’t in the game, and since it’s a remake of Yellow with only the original set of Pokémon, I doubt that the Sevii Islands will be included, either. At best, I could maybe see there being an island with a casualized Battle Tower (or, if they’re super-adamant about not leaving Kanto, then maybe something like a new “Battle Ship” that comes in and takes the S.S. Anne’s place).
Masuda said something about making it more Anime inspired, so maybe we'll get the Orange Islands?

I hope they handle tutorials better in the Gen 8 games, having the option to actually say no and letting us move on to our adventure immediately will definitely make the start of the game better than what the slog through the beginning of Alola was.

Yeah, that's true. I wonder why they removed the ability to skip the catching tutorial, it was one of the best things from GSC. Like somebody said in this thread before (can't remember who), they could an option at the start of the game that says something like "have you played a Pokémon game before?" and let us skip most tutorials. I don't know how that's going to affect the beginning, but it would be a good thing to do.

Attachments

• 1531447293334.png
    1531447293334.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom