• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what that tweet says can anyone translate?

From what I understand, something about tbe reveal next year. We won't get it immediately, but the second trailer, we will understand?

It says the surprise he mentioned after the credits wasn't the announcement of next years movie.He says that maybe they will understand if they watch it a second time.

Well my translation wasn't that far off then. Heh.

Too bad we Don't have the trailer to analyze.

If it's something subtle, it might be a different Pocket Monsters logo. Since the 2019 games won't be out by then, this would imply an LGPE-based anime. I know that Iwane also said he was working on a new series last month, and people just assumed it would be some spin on the current series like XYZ and the various Best Wishes variations. But in those cases we didn't have remakes involved.

I'd rather see Game Freak improve existing mechanics rather than making entirely new ones. There's only so much Game Freak can really do at this point mechanic-wise, and I really am tired of them abandoning new feature every generation. So, how about instead of a generational gimmick, Game Freak improves upon the like likes of Mega Evolution and Z-Moves instead?

I sadly doubt that will happen though...

I would be totally fine with never seeing z-moves again to be honest. It's not that I don't like them, I just really prefer megas if one had to stay and they just make more sense to me than the z-moves.
maybe the gimmicks will go away in core games since we have the LGPE games/line to attract new players now.
i really would like to see something done to the fossil pokemon and their original typing before they became a fossil.

It's funny seeing people suggesting the original typing of the fossil Pokémon here since a friend that I had in school suggested it. If they really do that, I think the Kabuto and Anorith lines will be Bug/Water and the Lileep line Water/Grass.

I hope Game Freak, if they do that, will be way more creative than me in that department.

I would be totally fine with never seeing z-moves again to be honest. It's not that I don't like them, I just really prefer megas if one had to stay and they just make more sense to me than the z-moves.
maybe the gimmicks will go away in core games since we have the LGPE games/line to attract new players now.
i really would like to see something done to the fossil pokemon and their original typing before they became a fossil.
I don't mind if Z-moves stick around, but I would definitely want more Megas rather than more species-specific Z-moves. The basic type-specific moves do a good enough job of spreading love to more pokemon so people could use more of their favorites- something that Megas failed at. But since we already have a Z-move for every type, I don't see why we'd need more species-specific Z-moves when we could be getting more Mega Evolutions instead.

One idea for how they can implement a way to restore a Fossil Pokemon's original typing would be that you would have to take them to scientists. It would expand on the idea of how Genesect not only got its Bug-typing restored, but also heavily modified to have the Steel-typing.

Z-moves are more culturally tied to Alola than megas are to Kalos, I think. With mega-evolutions, you have a bit more flexibility as far as lore and background is concerned in how they're implemented; I assume this is why even though we first find out about them in Kalos, that the mega evolution lore is known even as far away as Hoenn.

I also feel that, even though we were given plenty of mega evolutions, that the concept kind of barely had its time to really shine in the limelight before immediately being replaced with something else. Z-moves are already said and done and nothing more needs to really be said about them, but you could still go as deep as you would like with mega evolution lore, making it perfect to bring back for multiple regions for multiple generations.

I don't mind if Z-moves stick around, but I would definitely want more Megas rather than more species-specific Z-moves. The basic type-specific moves do a good enough job of spreading love to more pokemon so people could use more of their favorites- something that Megas failed at. But since we already have a Z-move for every type, I don't see why we'd need more species-specific Z-moves when we could be getting more Mega Evolutions instead.

Z-moves are more culturally tied to Alola than megas are to Kalos, I think. With mega-evolutions, you have a bit more flexibility as far as lore and background is concerned in how they're implemented; I assume this is why even though we first find out about them in Kalos, that the mega evolution lore is known even as far away as Hoenn.

I also feel that, even though we were given plenty of mega evolutions, that the concept kind of barely had its time to really shine in the limelight before immediately being replaced with something else. Z-moves are already said and done and nothing more needs to really be said about them, but you could still go as deep as you would like with mega evolution lore, making it perfect to bring back for multiple regions for multiple generations.

These are my exact thoughts: Z-Moves served their purpose, so sticking with the existing ones works just fine. Plus, not only is Mega Evolution easier to explain and expand to other regions, but I think that it also has better marketing potential.

Oh oh oh I know what I'd like to see added in Gen 8- alternate forms for Mimikyu. Let's get more costumes other than Pikachu for our little buddy there.
Based on how Mimikyu chose Pikachu for popularity, I could see them doing one for Eevee...

OMG an Eevee blanket with a little brown leaf instead of a stick for a tail.

8c9f7b7705e23b5dbbfd2b6d1e2e8a108fc23a53_00.jpg

Sounds cute but I don't really see it happening tbh.

8c9f7b7705e23b5dbbfd2b6d1e2e8a108fc23a53_00.jpg

Sounds cute but I don't really see it happening tbh.
Apparently they have plushies too, so I don't know...

mqT3QHJl4j49zUtshrkT-dA.jpg

Though I can't figure out the legitimacy of these things- are they official merchandise? They seem to only be listed on ebay.
I guess if they're some mass-produced bootleg, at least someone out there decided to fulfill the dream.

The movie is out for days now,why don't we know the surprise yet?Did he just lie to make people watch the movie?

The movie is out for days now,why don't we know the surprise yet?Did he just lie to make people watch the movie?
It was a joke, as indicated by the multiple "(laughs)" and something about a girl. He was trying to make people watch the movie twice, I guess.

Iwane still tweeted about starting work on a new series almost two months ago. The question is if it's Pokemon-related.

maybe i am just a party-pooper, but i think mimikyu is fine the way it is???
i mean it would be cute to see others, but wouldn't its name have to change and isnt the reason why it chose a pikachu disguise is because it is so well liked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom