• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel y’all are underestimating GameFreak...

inb4 the new region has ties to Kanto so that the LGPE audience has something familiar in the new games.

Indeed. The Kantonian cow does not run out of milk. Imagine Miltank, but with infinite jiggling udders.

I’m sure GameFreak can find a way to do more than that, given the ties between Alola and Kanto.

Maybe they’ll throw in some Kanto characters which appear regularly in-game so that the LGPE fans who’re playing Gen 8 can be with someone familiar to guide them through a new adventure.

I don’t want to see that either, but I'm trying to think from GameFreak's perspective. They’ll want the LGPE audience to buy Generation 8 and be comfortable with the 'main style' games too.

Maybe not fusions, but i can imagine some innverse outverse system where the pokemon shifts its nature or something and the stat changes accordingly.

Well, fusing done in the past have been an out-of-battle thing to essentially create a new Pokemon. I feel like if they ever wanted to implement fusion into the games on a broader scale, it would be something meant for in battle. Like, the Pokemon could hold a necessary item (please don't make a unique item for every case), and then you activate it like ME or a Z-move. Then you choose a compatible Pokemon in the rest of your party to send out and fuse with the Pokemon in battle. So you'd gain whatever benefits come with fusing those Pokemon, and essentially lose a team member from it as balance.

Ugh, even as I try to rationalize and type it out it just sounds too complex.

The reason why I don't want Pokemon/Human fusion is the mere fact that the fused Pokemon fainting would cause an instant loss during battle. I already hate how much exclusive the current metagame is and Pokemon fusing with humans would only make that problem worse.

The reason why I don't want Pokemon/Human fusion is the mere fact that the fused Pokemon fainting would cause an instant loss during battle. I already hate how much exclusive the current metagame is and Pokemon fusing with humans would only make that problem worse.
Human/Pokemon fusion would also lead to the removal of character customization. That's why I don't want fusion on that scale to be implemented.

Well, fusing done in the past have been an out-of-battle thing to essentially create a new Pokemon. I feel like if they ever wanted to implement fusion into the games on a broader scale, it would be something meant for in battle. Like, the Pokemon could hold a necessary item (please don't make a unique item for every case), and then you activate it like ME or a Z-move. Then you choose a compatible Pokemon in the rest of your party to send out and fuse with the Pokemon in battle. So you'd gain whatever benefits come with fusing those Pokemon, and essentially lose a team member from it as balance.

You know, I can see this being used in Double/Triple/Rotation battles: You "sacrifice" one or two of your Pokémon and the other one gets a boost. I can also picture another case, partially inspired by Steven Universe: If you fuse Pokémon from the same evolution line (three Charmander, two Treeckos and a Grovyle, etc.) you get the same Pokémon as the main one but with higher stats.

They have plenty of regions to do that with; if they released a new entry every two years, they would only reach Alola in 2030. They will most likely hit the iron while it's out, especially as Let's Go games are easier to develop than traditional ones (not including third versions). You might have a point if Go didn't add a new generation every year, but that isn't the case.
Not to disagree, but I think you're quoting the wrong person? That's Poke Dragon's post, not mine.

I don't think Kanto-pandering will stop, because it sells.

About a potential new gimmick, it could be something where the Pokémon gets a temporary new Ability.

I don't think that the games should be too much like the anime.

All i was saying is that they will focus on making the story a more expressively immersive experience for the player.

One thing to note about LGPE is that the wild battles don't have the silhouette zoom in at the beginning like in S/M, so they are clearly holding back on these games and saving those sort of details for the switch game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom