• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to note about LGPE is that the wild battles don't have the silhouette zoom in at the beginning like in S/M, so they are clearly holding back on these games and saving those sort of details for the switch game.
Why would there be a silhouette if the opponent is seen in the overworld? This example doesn't fall under "high budget details", either.

Why would there be a silhouette if the opponent is seen in the overworld?

Key words being sorts of details.

That's a fair analysis but overall the wild battles in LGPE involve the pokemon just popping up with some texts. Visually it's underneath what they did on the 3DS. That was my main point.

I'll agree that the battles feel lacking due to the minimal animations (the Pokemon do more in the overworld), but that was also the case in SM. The "emerging from the grass" sequence just made it even weirder because the Pokemon weren't really doing anything.

Anyway, not everything that LGPE do wrong is going to be corrected next year.

I'll agree that the battles feel lacking due to the minimal animations (the Pokemon do more in the overworld), but that was also the case in SM. The "emerging from the grass" sequence just made it even weirder because the Pokemon weren't really doing anything.

Which is mostly the bane of the target platform. All of those little details combined with the potential of the switch will make a big difference on the overall experience and that's what i was highlighting.

Because as a fan, i'm exited for the experience. Let's go Eevee is going to be a blast. I prefer to play these games in handheld mode because of how reminiscent they are of classic red and blue, and i'm personally not a fan of playing the game with one joy con (i prefer the immersion of handheld mode).

The one difference is the lining up the arrow and flicking the console in hand held mode that doesn't seem as appealing as the motion controls of the joy cons but i'm ok with that.

The gyroscope controls for catching Pokemon in handheld mode sound like a complete pain in the butt. This is "classic" Nintendo sticking in unnecessary motion controls/gyroscopes and not giving us any option to just play it normally.

This better not be forced on us in the Generation VIII games.

Well, a more expressive game could be nice. It could be nice to see your character reactioning to the events around him/her instead of staring blankly into the abyss like Helios/Selene. There were only THREE times the characters reacted in the game and it was only with a surprised emotion. Even XYORAS did it better, like when you defeat Doc Octopus Lysandre for the last time and the character had a relieved face. That was nice of them.

I want to see an option to not show the trainer in battle, it was kind of nice before Gen 6 where you felt like you were playing as the Pokemon in battle. I know there's PMD, but that has a limited roster of Pokemon to play as.

You said they're going to go all in on it being like the anime in Gen 8....

They are going to adopt features of the anime is what i meant, like dynamic cutscenes that range in cinema presentation (like games have been doing) and how the characters interact the story being told.

Sorry if i wasn't clear enough.

They are going to adopt features of the anime is what i meant, like dynamic cutscenes that range in cinema presentation (like games have been doing) and how the characters interact the story being told.

I don't know that I would consider that "features of the anime" so much as it is just plain "features of a good cutscene" because it wouldn't be the first game to develop dynamic cutscenes. It's not really taking influence from the anime if it's just good cinematography in general.

I don't know that I would consider that "features of the anime" so much as it is just plain "features of a good cutscene" because it wouldn't be the first game to develop dynamic cutscenes. It's not really taking influence from the anime if it's just good cinematography in general.

The anime will probably be a reference point since it's their most relatable franchise.

So why do you think that

Having anime mechanics in the main series games won't happen, because if it did, that would make a lot of Pokemon so OP. There's no point in letting the Pokemon defend every single turn in an RPG setting.

Well, so far we have seen Ash-Greninja (that hopefully will disappear) and the fact that apparently Alain is a canon character (he was mentioned by Steven in ORAS). I sincerely hope they stop there, or at least make small references to the anime, you know, like the theme song being quoted somewhere. You know, keep it at the minimal.

EDIT: I also forgot about Pikachu with Ash's hat and the Alola cap that you can get in Malie City.

Well, so far we have seen Ash-Greninja (that hopefully will disappear) and the fact that apparently Alain is a canon character (he was mentioned by Steven in ORAS). I sincerely hope they stop there, or at least make small references to the anime, you know, like the theme song being quoted somewhere. You know, keep it at the minimal.

EDIT: I also forgot about Pikachu with Ash's hat and the Alola cap that you can get in Malie City.
Yeah, I really hope they stop at that before they make the wrong changes to the games.

every time i look at this thread i feel a great shame for being part of this fandom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom