• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 5 new Pokemon introduced in USUM, despite not being able to be traded into SM, are still considered Gen 7 Pokemon.

Well anything added in US/UM is naturally assumed to be Generation VII unless specifically noted otherwise, because US/UM are S/M rehashes, thus very much Generation VII in every single way. Also the Pokemon added in US/UM were Ultra Beasts, which are a Generation VII thing. We wouldn't have even been talking about "new Pokemon" in US/UM if it weren't for Ultra Beasts.

The mystery Pokemon being added in LGP/E is a special case. GF has already started talking about the next generation of Pokemon, and it's very probable that if they were to add any new Pokemon in LGP/E it would be to tease Generation VIII. Otherwise, adding a new Pokemon in a game that is so tightly Generation I that it drives me crazy would be very odd.

I could be wrong, but I'm leaning toward it being Gen VIII, personally.

The 5 new Pokemon introduced in USUM, despite not being able to be traded into SM, are still considered Gen 7 Pokemon.

But the arrows on those pokemon were pointing backwards towards already released games, where as the arrow on the new pokemon is pointing forward to a currently developing game. Having said that it's too early for a gen 8 promo until we get the new pokemon in LGPE, which will be a linking topic of discussion as information trickles down from the river throughout 2019.

I'm... not sure if it's similar. Eevee's brown whereas the mystery one is on the "orange" shade of things. It could be an Eevee with a special costume or something, but... let's wait and see for now.

Oh man. It's grouped with Eevee and all its evolutions, so it's definitely something having to do with Eevee. But why a silhouette? Unless it's somethinf we aren't supposed to have already seen.

I seriously don't think they are going to have a new Eeveelution in LGPE, there are no other typings that would fit the orange motif more than the Fire-typing. And to be honest, there's no need to introduce a new typing, just make changes to the current ones if the typing chart needs changing.

Oh man. It's grouped with Eevee and all its evolutions, so it's definitely something having to do with Eevee. But why a silhouette? Unless it's somethinf we aren't supposed to have already seen.
The reason I don't want to get my hopes high is because if I'm recalling correctly they did the same thing to the Rotom forms and Spiky-Eared Pichu way back in Gen IV.

Like I said before, I want to be wrong in this case.

Then why is Game Freak hiding a new Pokémon in these games that likely can't go anywhere else in Gen 7?

But the mystery Pokemon will be introduced in Let's Go which is still Gen 7. Unless GF specifically announces the new Pokemon as a connection to Gen 8 it will be part of the 7th generation of games.

Not exactly. That would be like saying Bonsly is a Gen III just because it was (semi) playable in Pokémon XD.

But the mystery Pokemon will be introduced in Let's Go which is still Gen 7. Unless GF specifically announces the new Pokemon as a connection to Gen 8 it will be part of the 7th generation of games.

Muchlax and Bonsly were confirmed Gen IV, despite appearing before the first core games.

I refuse to consider that LGPE fall under any traditional generation when Masuda has already alluded to a potential sub-series.

And uh, having a system in common is better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom