• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true then Mega Gengar would be for Agatha, Mega Charizard for Blaine, Mega Alakazam for Sabrina and Mega Venasaur for Erika.

A game for "casuals" introducing new Megas?

Also, Hitmontop is a Gen II Pokémon.
I'm also only seeing Hitmontop on Riley's list- not sure where they got it from. The other two places I've seen it come up don't mention Hitmontop at all (and only that one mentions Mr. Mime). I could see the rest possibly being legit, but those two seem like add-ons.

But I highly doubt the TM list (if real) is for mega evos, anyhow. It seems unlikely that Jessie and James' signature pokemon would get megas. They're lucky the anime even gave them a z-move. I can't imagine that the eeveelutions would get megas either. Again, it seems more likely to be promotional material for the gym leaders and elite four. And possibly your rival, in the case of the eeveelutions.

But how would you give it more evolutions? A flamingo feels like a single stage pokemon, since there is nowhere you can really go with it.

My idea for a fakemon Flamingo starter was a base stage Water/Flying flamingo which evolves into a Water/Fighting bird with various aquatic bird inspirations (like Heron) which uses its long beak like a sword to battle.

I was going to say perhaps a bigger angrier flamingo but I really like your Heron Idea. Or even a Crane.

Why DON'T we have a Flamingo yet? There are a lot of designs and Pokemon that I'm surprised haven't been released yet. It did take 7 generations to get a koala after all.

Why DON'T we have a Flamingo yet? There are a lot of designs and Pokemon that I'm surprised haven't been released yet. It did take 7 generations to get a koala after all.
I could go for a kangaroo- I know we have kangaskhan, but that's more just the concept of a marsupial than a proper roo. Where's them legs at, Game Freak? Gimme a hoppy pokemon that ain't a rabbit. >=/

Also dolphin is an obvious one that just needs to be done already. I could go for a dolphin that evolves into a killer whale.

Don't we already have a killer whale pokemon in Kyogre?
yeah but it may be nice to have one that isnt a legendary pokemon.
Agreed, I don't generally count legendaries because they're such a one-off thing. And besides, even if it's not really a killer whale, I think a non-legendary killer whale-sized porpoise would be great.

I could go for a kangaroo- I know we have kangaskhan, but that's more just the concept of a marsupial than a proper roo. Where's them legs at, Game Freak? Gimme a hoppy pokemon that ain't a rabbit. >=/

Also dolphin is an obvious one that just needs to be done already. I could go for a dolphin that evolves into a killer whale.
Maybe for the same reason we didn't get a wolf or a toucan Pokémon til Gen VII? I wonder why they sometimes choose rare animals like echidnas and marine angels, but leave out popular animals like the ones you mentioned. We don't even have a platypus Pokémon yet and that's perfect Pokémon material.

I could go for a kangaroo- I know we have kangaskhan, but that's more just the concept of a marsupial than a proper roo. Where's them legs at, Game Freak?
The grass starter of my region is based on a baby kangaroo. Vineroo is its name.

If we ever get an Australian region, I expect a dingo, kangaroo and koala.

Maybe for the same reason we didn't get a wolf or a toucan Pokémon til Gen VII? I wonder why they sometimes choose rare animals like echidnas and marine angels, but leave out popular animals like the ones you mentioned. We don't even have a platypus Pokémon yet and that's perfect Pokémon material.
I don't know, despite its name, I'm pretty sure psyduck is a platypus. It definitely looks closer to a platypus than to a duck. Could use a better platypus, though.

But at the same time, it lacks the beaver tail. Maybe it got cut in development.
I mean, if you compare this tail with psyduck's, it's pretty close-

155303-004-A97DE1B7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom