• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Kingler Steel in a Crystal hack from 10 years ago?

In my opinion, if we get new regional forms make it for another gen that is not Gen I, maybe Gen II so we can see the beta typings in use. But if we get more Gen I regional Pokémon, I would like to see Water/Poison Ekans and Arbok based on sea snakes.

Maybe something like this?
alolan_ekans_and_alolan_arbok_by_phatmon-dbnswxj.png

Although I feel like the Arbok could be better.

Also, if there is a Mega Arbok introduced after all, then I hope it's better than that all black one that I see on the internet.
In fact, if any of these mega evolutions turn out to be confirmed, then I hope they give them something different than just a different color palette, and adding little things like two little flames coming out of the mouth on Charizard X, and then call it a day. I want to see something creative.

Also, if there is a Mega Arbok introduced after all, then I hope it's better than that all black one that I see on the internet.
In fact, if any of these mega evolutions turn out to be confirmed, then I hope they give them something different than just a different color palette, and adding little things like two little flames coming out of the mouth on Charizard X, and then call it a day. I want to see something creative.
There are a lot of subtle changes in Megazard X design which add a nice touch.

Maybe something like this?
alolan_ekans_and_alolan_arbok_by_phatmon-dbnswxj.png

Although I feel like the Arbok could be better.
Maybe trade the hood for some fins like this.

113834e882a9a66b5d062eeecee3a4fc.jpg

I'd draw a better-looking example myself, but don't really feel like it. XD In any case, it's perfectly possible to come up with a good water-type arbok design... and I would really like to see one, as well as a water-type arcanine and a water-type ponyta if we don't just get a separate water-type horse pokemon line in general. Keldeo is great and all (by which I mean it's not) but I'd like to see a kelpie or hippocampus-based water horse line. Especially kelpie.

if there was an alohan ponyta and rapidash, they would be fighting, because them hooves should do some real damage

though i would prefer them to be water, I could actually see them becoming a fairy regional variant.

I think it’s pretty much confirmed that LGPE was in planning atleast alongside (or before) Sun/Moon. Alolan forms were introduced to give Kanto Pokemon focus and majority have types which were scarce in Kanto (Fairy, Ghost, and Dark). Then LGPE come along and Alolan forms are the only permanent form changes included.

They were most probably all-Kanto and got their types to restore type balance for LGPE and to brink Kanto into extensive marketing campaign for Sun/Moon as setup for LGPE.

I think it’s pretty much confirmed that LGPE was in planning atleast alongside (or before) Sun/Moon. Alolan forms were introduced to give Kanto Pokemon focus and majority have types which were scarce in Kanto (Fairy, Ghost, and Dark). Then LGPE come along and Alolan forms are the only permanent form changes included.

They were most probably all-Kanto and got their types to restore type balance for LGPE and to brink Kanto into extensive marketing campaign for Sun/Moon as setup for LGPE.
I think LGPE was initially planned as a 3DS game while USUM was planned as a Switch game.
GameFreak probably couldn't make Pokemon GO connect to the 3DS so they decided to change systems.

I'd be surprised to see more than one or two new Pokémon or forms debuting in LGPE. The Kanto region already has a sufficient presence of Legendary and Mythical Pokémon for all its locations. On top of that, I don't see a reason for GF to include never before seen non-Legendary Pokémon in a 'reimagining' of the first generation when there's a completely new generation around the corner anyway. They'll want to keep their real surprises for the 2019 game.

My prediction is either a new form of Mew, which I think is unlikely, or a new Legendary or Mythical Pokémon that is not found in any of the known locations in Kanto. For example, the new Legendary could be located on a seperate island that can only be accessed after the game is completed and have the hunt for that Pokémon serve as the aftergame, maybe with involvement of an antagonist or a character like Zinnia. This is just speculation, although it doesn't seem too farfetched.

I don't think that way because Pokemon GO (LGPE's entire reason for existence) was not released until the summer of 2016.

The catching mechanic is from Go, but a Kanto revisit of some type was always inevitable. It seems apparent to me that they were preparing for it in whatever form it might take.

I think LGPE was initially planned as a 3DS game while USUM was planned as a Switch game.
GameFreak probably couldn't make Pokemon GO connect to the 3DS so they decided to change systems.
Lol no,they started development in March 2017 with specifically the Switch and its features in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom