• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, when are we supposed to expect the mystery pokemon then? I still can't believe we waited this whole time for trading cards. Is this the only day that they announce stuff?

I don't know what future event could they choose for the announcement.

I would personally prefer if the new Pokémon is either a regular Pokémon or a new Alola regional variant.

I would feel "meh", if it was a new Mega Evolution, or a new Eeveelution, or a new Legendary/Mythical.

By the way, my prediction is it's gonna be a new Legendary/Mythical.

I don't know what future event could they choose for the announcement.

I would personally prefer if the new Pokémon is either a regular Pokémon or a new Alola regional variant.

I would feel "meh", if it was a new Mega Evolution, or a new Eeveelution, or a new Legendary/Mythical.

By the way, my prediction is it's gonna be a new Legendary/Mythical.
It most likely will be a new legendary, but are the going to pull another Magearna on us, where a 8th Gen pokemon will be revealed in the 7th Gen?

This is the first time since 2012 that they shown nothing videogame related. Apparently, there isn't any spin-off coming that they could've shown here. I'm upset but I understand that showing LGPE news could be controversial.

This is the first time since 2012 that they shown nothing videogame related. Apparently, there isn't any spin-off coming that they could've shown here. I'm upset but I understand that showing LGPE news could be controversial.
I’d rather have LGPE news rather than no news. This just makes us more suspicious about whether or not this game is actually worth it. The current radio silence only proves that Game Freak is only offering nostalgia, GO mechanics, and aesthetics. Why, Game Freak? Is pandering to Kanto and GO players more important than making more content for USUM or Gen 8?

I’d rather have LGPE news rather than no news. This just makes us more suspicious about whether or not this game is actually worth it. The current radio silence only proves that Game Freak is only offering nostalgia, GO mechanics, and aesthetics. Why, Game Freak? Is pandering to Kanto and GO players more important than making more content for USUM or Gen 8?
It's like filler content on a TV Show or comic (both web and regular). They're putting out something to attempt (emphasis on Attempt) to tide us over till the real stuff get's released.

GF actually has more time to polish Gen8 by releasing Let's Go this year.

To tell the truth, I prefer to wait a bit than getting Gen VIII immediately. History has shown us that getting the games rushed is a pretty bad idea *points at Sonic 06 and ET*
I'm not asking for Gen 8 to get done this year. I'm saying that the time and effort put into LGPE would have been better spent on either improving USUM or polishing up Gen 8.

They don't need too. By now they've most likely hooked most of the GO fanbase and a good portion of non GO fans in Japan as well. That's really all they need.
Are you saying that Game Freak's done marketing-wise? I just want to make sure we're on the same page here.

I'm not asking for Gen 8 to get done this year. I'm saying that the time and effort put into LGPE would have been better spent on either improving USUM or polishing up Gen 8.

Are you saying that Game Freak's done marketing-wise? I just want to make sure we're on the same page here.
Unless they've got some sort of super secret thing that they can't risk unveiling until the last minute, probably (bar small trailers that show off, like, gym leaders or whatever).

But then, I’d be surprised if LGPE were really taking up that much in the way of time and resources. They’ve been whipped up very quickly to make the most out of GO’s popularity, and it’s telling how much of LGPE looks like a relatively effortless copy job. Same old Kanto map upgraded to the existing Gen 7 graphics scale, mostly the same old plot, only the original 151 Pokémon plus a bonus, overworld walking models that were constructed and finished during the SM/USUM era, the wild encounter mechanics are simply transplanted from GO, and they don’t even have to bother with stuff like Abilities and held items. The hardest thing was probably figuring out the GO/Switch connectivity. And I suspect that USUM lacked as much innovation as they did for a very similar reason - they just wanted to squeeze the last bit of profits from the 3DS while they still could using as few new assets as possible. Hell, even Pokémon Quest was developed at the same time by like what, thirty people or something? I’m not convinced that all these unambitioius side-projects are really taking all that much away from Gen 8.

Not to say that the Gen 8 games won’t be met with some complaints of lacking polish or content, but, you know, what initial pair since Gold & Silver hasn’t?

GF actually has more time to polish Gen8 by releasing Let's Go this year.

I like to look at it that way: games like DP and XY tend to get issue for how they are wonky and later games on the same system tend to have more to them. If Let's Go is the DP and XY of the Switch, all for it.

But then, I’d be surprised if LGPE were really taking up that much in the way of time and resources. They’ve been whipped up very quickly to make the most out of GO’s popularity, and it’s telling how much of LGPE looks like a relatively effortless copy job. Same old Kanto map upgraded to the existing Gen 7 graphics scale, mostly the same old plot, only the original 151 Pokémon plus a bonus, overworld walking models that were constructed and finished during the SM/USUM era, the wild encounter mechanics are simply transplanted from GO, and they don’t even have to bother with stuff like Abilities and held items. The hardest thing was probably figuring out the GO/Switch connectivity. And I suspect that USUM lacked as much innovation as they did for a very similar reason - they just wanted to squeeze the last bit of profits from the 3DS while they still could using as few new assets as possible. Hell, even Pokémon Quest was developed at the same time by like what, thirty people or something? I’m not convinced that all these unambitioius side-projects are really taking all that much away from Gen 8.

Not to say that the Gen 8 games won’t be met with some complaints of lacking polish or content, but, you know, what initial pair since Gold & Silver hasn’t?

I am fairly certain G and S only didn't get that reaction because Red and Blue were so buggy and messed up that even the many flaws of those games look fine by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom