• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it is fake. It's ridiculous to think that an LGPE-exclusive Pokemon connected to Mewtwo unlocks the next game's gimmick. In fact, I don't think that they will force people to buy LGPE just to use Gen 8's new gimmick.
Maybe the leaker meant the Pokemon as a hint for the next evolution mechanic not as a requirement.

If I recall correctlty, a Pokémon Mini appeared on the original Animal Crossing as one of the items used on errands, but that was the last and only time it appeared on another series that's not Smash (unless you count the dummied out cutscene in Conker's Bad Fur Day). I guess if we get amiibos that unlock special costumes, it will be of past characters, like leaders, main characters or villains. I think they could us amiibo cards for that.

It seems to me they aren't too fond of cross-contaminating their series with others in any regard.

Like on the 3DS, there were a bunch of ni twndo hats you could have your Mii wear for streetpass. No Pokemon.

In Animal Crossing New Leaf, there is a whole line of Nintendo-themed presents you can get from fortune cookies. No Pokemon.

To be honest it surprised me that they even allow presence in Smash.
They did have a whole Splatfest about Pokemon, though, and Pokemon costumes in Super Mario Maker. (I think being playable in Smash is a bigger deal than a hat in Street Pass, anyways)

I only expect the crossover stuff in a Pokemon game to be cosmetics anyway. Having a costume resembling another character from another series isn't going to change anything gameplay-wise. Plus, a video-game series start to feel too contained if it is never allowed to crossover with anything.

I heard that the Pokemon Company isn't too fond of Amiibo.

Frankly you'd think that Nintendo could go up to them and be like

Nintendo: We need a new series of these things, your franchise is big, and fans would pay 12.99 for Hilda Shorts and a N figurine. Go do it.

Heck you'd think that would honestly be a good way to set up the free drip DLC that Nintendo likes.

Nintendo: Hey, six months in and starting after this direct a new update will allow you to scan Amiibo and unlock these cool exclusive items previously unavaliable in the game.

Also they didn't think the Switch would succeed either...

Attachments

• 1535547389554.png
    1535547389554.png
    450.9 KB · Views: 53
It's a LG steelbook that has some new Eevee art.
It's Eevee surrounded by all the elements of the eeveelutions(although I'm not sure where glaceon is) + some black rocks/crystals/steel/whatever?
That element implies a rock/steel evolution.

I don't what that is, but it could represent a new move considering Pikachu's side.

I can't imagine that the new Pokemon is an Eeveelution when the (version-exclusive) starter Eevee can't evolve.

Yeah, I get that.

But still, what? That doesn't make sense in the first place. Aren't there only going to be the first 151 pokemon? And where the hell is glaceon!

Are they retconning it out of existance? That would be a terrible idea, even by Game Freak standards.

Yeah, I get that.

But still, what? That doesn't make sense in the first place. Aren't there only going to be the first 151 pokemon? And where the hell is glaceon!

Are they retconning it out of existance? That would be a terrible idea, even by Game Freak standards.
151 + 1 mysterious new Pokémon(+alola forms).That could be an eeveelution.

I don't what that is, but it could represent a new move considering Pikachu's side.

I can't imagine that the new Pokemon is an Eeveelution when the (version-exclusive) starter Eevee can't evolve.
I doubt it would represent a new move. Moves aren't exactly a big deal outside of the competitive community and this is a very casual game.

InfernapeTheWise said:
1. It would give something new to Eevee but not to Pikachu.

2. It would encourage LGE players to ditch their starter in favor of a wild Eevee.

BackSet said:
I doubt it would represent a new move. Moves aren't exactly a big deal outside of the competitive community and this is a very casual game.
Have you looked at the other side with Pikachu? It showcases Fly and Surf. Moves are a very big deal in a game whose starter can't evolve.

Looking harder the crystals are translucent.So probably not steel/rock.
If it's glaceon,then god however made this illustration is really not that bright.

1. It would give something new to Eevee but not to Pikachu.

2. It would encourage LGE players to ditch their starter in favor of a wild Eevee.

Have you looked at the other side with Pikachu? It showcases Fly and Surf. Moves are a very big deal in a game whose starter can't evolve.
You sure that's not just a nice little callback to the surfing/flying pikachu cards?

Raichu are notably stronger than pikachu. What's to stop people from ditching their starter for a wild pikachu?

The cards are based on the distributions rather than the other way around.

You can do whatever they want, but there is a reason why Raichu isn't being promoted. Thinking that this artwork teases a new Eeveelution is akin to saying that the post-Kanto Eeveelutions will be included, which they won't. There is probably a new move that represents all the Eeveelutions (or it's just the Z-move again), and maybe teases a new one for next year. I say maybe because that thing doesn't scream Steel to me, let alone Rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom