• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Motion Designer role, which also starts in September, covers animation work in Maya for movement, facial expressions, and secondary motions."

Please GameFreak don't mess this up again.

"The Motion Designer role, which also starts in September, covers animation work in Maya for movement, facial expressions, and secondary motions."

Please GameFreak don't mess this up again.
They're not that bad.

The expressions look fine in the lgpe trailers and every non-(U)SM3D games had pretty good expressions for the player characters.

I can think of only two instances that the PC ever had an expression other than :) in all of SM.

I can think of only two instances that the PC ever had an expression other than :) in all of SM.
I can think of zero instances.

There weren't enough cutscenes for me to be sure in XY but I specifically remember the really determined expression PC!Calem/Serena in the cutscene pre-yveltal battle.

Only two. Once for the Nebby on the bridge scene and again for the first appearance of Nihilego. And they're both the same one, I think. o.o DULL SURPRISE!

I doubt its for the 2019 game, but the one after that, considering development (And that includes planning) takes almost three years (Which would be somewhat in line with my expectations that 2020 is a gap year and 2021 are Sinnoh remakes).

Seeking out people with experience creating “highly strategic” game systems, the Planner position covers “planning and creating specifications for a new RPG (consumer game) development project”. The availability is listed as long-term position starting in September and appears to be an employee hire instead of just a contracted role.

Yeah, this is deffo not for the 2019 game.

We're three months away from LGPE release (I won't buy it but Jessie and James showing up makes me want to watch a let's play) which likely means we're four months away from real serious gen 8 rumors at least and six/seven at most.

It would only be a Fighting type if their logic took the generic path of "wrestler = fighting," but the concept of Incineroar is a bit more nuanced than that. Incineroar is pretty clearly based on the Tiger Mask manga, and Tiger Mask started out as a heel wrestler.

Agreed, but both his signature move and Z move reference a wrestling attack (lariat and moonsault) that's why I'm still suspicious of GF original concept about Incineroar itself.
It probably makes sense for him to be Dark type now to create the "Water/Fairy > Fire/Dark > Grass/Ghost" chain, but.

Agreed, but both his signature move and Z move reference a wrestling attack (lariat and moonsault) that's why I'm still suspicious of GF original concept about Incineroar itself.

I’m not sure I quite see how that makes a difference. Like, assume for the moment that it Game Freak never even considered making it Fighting-type “because it’s a wrestler” and always meant for it to be “a Dark-type wrestler” as a reference to Tiger Mask.

The cause for having wrestling-themed signature moves would still be there, because it’s still based on a wrestler. It doesn’t necessarily need to be a Fighting-type in order to justify that since the wrestling aspect is already baked into it. Since it’s specifically a heel wrestler, the Dark type is more useful for making that distinction and adding a layer of character.

Not to mention that the names of those moves are just as much inclined toward the Dark type (“Darkest” and “Malicious” in English, “DD Lariat” and “Hyper Dark Crusher” in Japanese - the “DD” presumably taking a page from the DDT wrestling technique, the letters of which are themselves said to stand for a variety of malicious/threatening monikers) as they are toward wrestling combat.

If work is still going on they can note backlashes and try and work around them.

May the injuries to Let's Go create the great game of 2019.

It probably makes sense for him to be Dark type now to create the "Water/Fairy > Fire/Dark > Grass/Ghost" chain, but.
Nah, I think Incineroar was always meant to be Dark- Fighting seems to be something of the "hero" type if you consider its relationship with Dark (weakens Dark-types and resists Dark-type moves) so Incineroar being a heel wrestler, the "villain" in wrestling, makes sense that it would be Dark over Fighting.

Nah, I think Incineroar was always meant to be Dark- Fighting seems to be something of the "hero" type if you consider its relationship with Dark (weakens Dark-types and resists Dark-type moves) so Incineroar being a heel wrestler, the "villain" in wrestling, makes sense that it would be Dark over Fighting.
Yet he learns more fighting type moves than dark, and doesn't even learn moves that fits his theme. NOT EVEN FOUL PLAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom