• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not. GameFreak's name is on it and they don't do TCG stuff.

Actually GF is a part of TPC and as a result were one of the parties to file ‘Ultra Shiny’.

New move trademarks: GF, Creatures
Ultra Shiny: GF, Creatures, Nintendo.

(Sorry for the double post)

Still sounds like a card booster to me.

My best guess is it's Stakakata and Balacephelon (or however you spell it) booster packs. It sounds a lot like other names used for booster packs.

I wasn't the first,I found it on /vp/.
Those black things are transparent(you can see the sylveon ribbons behind it).So they're not rock or steel or whatever.They are 99% ice.

Btw those trademarks are definetely cards.
We are supposed to be getting Stakataka and Blacephalon soon."Full Metal Wall" is so obviously about Stakataka and the fire thing whatever is obviously Blacephalon.

Don't believe any rumors that say "the first pair of Gen 8 games will have every single Pokemon catchable". That is clearly false, I don't know why so many doesn't state that when questioning a rumor's validity. It's clear that there will be Pokemon left out of the game so that the next pair will have those missing Pokemon, it has been this way since Gen 6 and I highly doubt it's going to change.

Don't believe any rumors that say "the first pair of Gen 8 games will have every single Pokemon catchable". That is clearly false, I don't know why so many doesn't state that when questioning a rumor's validity. It's clear that there will be Pokemon left out of the game so that the next pair will have those missing Pokemon, it has been this way since Gen 6 and I highly doubt it's going to change.
Sometimes leaks put in false information, so those who fall for these leaks probably assume that part as false. I still agree with you; just speculating why people don’t call out that “all Pokémon between these two games” detail.

Yeah, that was one of the few things I disliked about Gen VII. I hope Gen VIII brings it back.

I always found the nat dex useless. Only thing I missed in gen 7 was just having their pokedex no like the other native Pokémon in Alloa on the stat screen in the PC. That was just my ocd anyway lol I could easily live if they never re introduced the nat dex again.

Sometimes leaks put in false information, so those who fall for these leaks probably assume that part as false. I still agree with you; just speculating why people don’t call out that “all Pokémon between these two games” detail.

But thats they thing with 'Leaks'. They are all false until confirmed otherwise, meaning leaking is dumb.

It was a genius idea to have the different forms have different Dex entries, so I hope they keep that feature. I can already see them revealing details about past Pokemon forms like Giratina's Origin form or Kyurem's fused forms.

I have a fanfiction thread of me playing what I want to be in Generation 8. I doubt Nintendo would take any of my ideas, though. But it would be great if they finally give us a Dark-type gym. We need the National Pokédex back as BackSet and prog rocker said. And the post-League areas should include just the National Dex Pokémon and you should get a Super Rod and Poké Rader or hear about Swarms to get more National Pokémon from the pre-League areas. A Battle Frontier with different facilities based on past Battle Facilities would be pretty cool. A few new evolutions could be good too. I sure hope the Pokédex total doesn't reach 1,000 because we're cutting really close and I don't want an extra digit in the Pokédex numbers. Generation IX should be when we get to the thousands. My fanon walkthrough included a Poké Phone, but why should we want that when the Vs. Seeker is much more convenient? And I think each region should have at least one Pokémon of each type in the regional Pokédex, but Sinnoh only has the Chimchar line to offer for the Fire types. I had just thought maybe there could be a 50-50 even split between new Pokémon and old Pokémon with the old portion having an equal amount across generations, but that could be hard too. Should there be DLC packs? I hope not. And maybe there could be a department store that sells everything except Key Items. A feature where you can walk with you're Pokémon can be neat as long as it's optional. The trainers across the region combined should have all the Pokémon in the regional Pokédex that are not legendaries.

Huge grain of salt
Regular 4chan stuff

----------
Friend is working on regional translation team. She was vague as to what she has seen so far but here’s what I got out of her.

Save these. Official announcement in February 2019.

> Next region is Honai region. Based on South East China.

> Starter theme is myths and fables. Lion, Snake, Buffalo.

> Story focuses on Tradition vs Innovation.

> Regional Prof. is an understudy of Oak. He will be central to series going forward with a passing of the torch between the two. Symbolic of series moving to The Switch.

> Gyms return with some familiar faces.

> 30% of story takes place in Johto. Not including post game.

> Regional forms are back including Hoothoot/Noctowl, Wooper/Quagsire, Phanpy/Donphan, & Dunsparce.

> 87 new Pokémon introduced.

> New Pokémon include a Ground/Fairy Armadillo, Ground type Kakapo, Dark Fighting Howler Monkey and Rock Grass Avocado.

> Box legendaries represent innovation and share a connection to Ho-Oh and Lugia.

> Ho-Oh and Lugia have new "Heritage" forms with a type swap.

> Apex Rings are the The Gen 8 Gimmick. Effect varies by mon which can grant stat boost, new abilities, and even change typing for certain mon.

> Apex Ring developed by Regional Prof. Antagonist Team uses tech to upgrade Honai Legendaries.

Huge grain of salt
Regular 4chan stuff
4Chan might as well come with its own salt shaker by now.
Friend is working on regional translation team. She was vague as to what she has seen so far but here’s what I got out of her.

The friend's on the translation team, but she knows the announcement date?

It's cool that they share inspiration details with translators, who have no reason to know these things.

> Regional Prof. is an understudy of Oak. He will be central to series going forward with a passing of the torch between the two. Symbolic of series moving to The Switch.
But this is in a new region? Why is Oak "passing on the torch" to a professor of an entirely different region? It's not like he's the only professor.
If a third of the game takes place in Johto, why is Oak, the regional professor of Kanto, the more relevant one?
> New Pokémon include a Ground/Fairy Armadillo, Ground type Kakapo, Dark Fighting Howler Monkey and Rock Grass Avocado.
I love how this guy keeps mentioning new Pokemon, but he never gives a name, even though translating their names is his friend's job.
> Apex Rings are the The Gen 8 Gimmick. Effect varies by mon which can grant stat boost, new abilities, and even change typing for certain mon.
That's literally just Mega Evolution.
It feels like they’re beating a dead horse at this point.
Cars vs Dead Horses: Innovation vs tradition

Story focuses on Tradition vs Innovation
Again?

Regional Prof. is an understudy of Oak.
Sigh #1. We’ve just had Samson Oak.

30% of story takes place in Johto. Not including post game.

> Regional forms are back including Hoothoot/Noctowl, Wooper/Quagsire, Phanpy/Donphan, & Dunsparce.

At this point any Johto focus without Kanto being involved is fake imo.

87 new Pokémon introduced.
The most believable part of the rumour.

Box legendaries represent innovation and share a connection to Ho-Oh and Lugia.
So there’s no legendary for tradition? It would be like having both Solgaleo and Lunala representing the Sun, or having both Xerneas and Yevtal represent death.

Huge grain of salt
Regular 4chan stuff

----------

> Story focuses on Tradition vs Innovation.

> Gyms return with some familiar faces.

> 87 new Pokémon introduced.

> Box legendaries represent innovation and share a connection to Ho-Oh and Lugia.

> Ho-Oh and Lugia have new "Heritage" forms with a type swap.

> Apex Ring developed by Regional Prof. Antagonist Team uses tech to upgrade Honai Legendaries.

Thanks for the new one!

1. Not bad. I like that the leaker chose something that's not Europe.
2. Well, this is more believable than the one that mentioned all starters were fairies.
3. Again? I could see this happening in a future game, but right now it looks like a copypasta.
4. Like someone said, why would Oak pass the torch to someone that's not in Kanto? That's suspicious.
5. So, are we getting old leaders in the new region, or old characters becoming leaders here? Either way it sounds weird.
6. This killed the leak for me.
7. I would be happy to see more regional variants, so I hope at least this ends up being real even if the rest is fake.
8. This sounds realistic.
9. I wouldn't know how to react if we really get an avocado, but the howler monkey sounds interesting to me because it's another species from where I live. Also, what's a kakapo?
10. I don't know what to think about this.
11. After what they did with Mewtwo, I wouldn't find it weird to give a boost to Ho-oh/Lugia in some way.
12. This really sounds like wish fulfillment since it's a mix of different suggestions people have made after they revealed megas.
13. So the villains are pulling another Mewtwo/Genesect? *sigh*

This one looks more realistic than the last one, but still has parts that scream fake. Oh well.

Again?

Sigh #1. We’ve just had Samson Oak.

At this point any Johto focus without Kanto being involved is fake imo.

The most believable part of the rumour.

So there’s no legendary for tradition? It would be like having both Solgaleo and Lunala representing the Sun, or having both Xerneas and Yevtal represent death.

Ho-Oh and Lugia are Tradition. And i am with you. Ugh... another Oak understudy. Can the Kanto pandering please stopppppp alreadyyyy (If this is real of couse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom