• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ho-Oh and Lugia are Tradition. And i am with you. Ugh... another Oak understudy. Can the Kanto pandering please stopppppp alreadyyyy (If this is real of couse)

But they’re Generation 2's mascots. It’s like saying that having Dialga, Palkia and Giratina all based on Space is fine because we have Celebi.
Or it is free to have both Solgaleo and Lunala be based on the Sun because we have Cresselia and Darkrai.

The box legends show contrast with one being based on the main aspect of the version. It’s a trend GameFreak isn’t going to ditch for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
With the entire talk of two regions, I must wonder if that would work as DLC? I mean if Game Freak has multiple teams they could probably set up a junior team to create some such expansion while they take longer to make the DP remake or whatever is in Gen 8 as well.

I mean the only reason GS had Kanto was because Johto was so lacking they had a ton of extra space to fit stuff in, and it wasn't even much before HGSS.

Also let us not pretend that a 20 dollar region expansion DLC wouldn't sell. I mean sure, if it was basically the Sevii Islands they might need to have it be 10 dollars, but a 3D region with eight new gyms at Gen 2/4 Kanto intensity plus a few other things would sell, particularly if the first game has no sign of the region in the code first off and the game has a decent amount of stuff in it in the first place.

Also let us not pretend that a 20 dollar region expansion DLC wouldn't sell. I mean sure, if it was basically the Sevii Islands they might need to have it be 10 dollars, but a 3D region with eight new gyms at Gen 2/4 Kanto intensity plus a few other things would sell, particularly if the first game has no sign of the region in the code first off and the game has a decent amount of stuff in it in the first place.

The problem is that they could just add a little more stuff and make it a game of its own which make GF much more money than any DLC would.

The problem is that they could just add a little more stuff and make it a game of its own which make GF much more money than any DLC would.

With the larger costs of game and development it might be more efficient to sell as 20 dollar add ons than 60 dollar full projects.

I can see maybe Johto being a DLC region, but I don't see any other region being DLC since DLC that add content in particular doesn't typically add a whole lot. Johto is already pretty small by itself, so it makes sense if that is made from DLC. As for the leak, I highly doubt they are going to have the GS mascots have connections with any other mascot legendaries.

The problem with add-ons/DLC is this: How long are they gonna wait for the add-ons/DLC too be available. If the Lets Go subseries get a continuation, then they won't make a DLC for Johto, since whats the point, nobody is gonna buy it. If not, then the gap between a DLC and the next game is important. Considering we usually get remakes/third installments a year/year and a half after a new region, DLC might potentially destroy the sales for the remakes, since they are more expensive than DLC.

Scuse me for a sec.

*goes outside and screams into the sky. Get's an extra comouter, goes onto 4-chan and smashes the computer*

Okay, I'm good now.

Anyway, I trust absolutely zero things heard on 4-chan (though, to be fair that one guy was right about LGPE)

I don’t think we’ll see regions as DLC. Probably add ons which were previously added to third versions. This means an end to the third versions.
For example an 'Ultra Epiode' for SM instead of USUM.

I don’t think we’ll see regions as DLC. Probably add ons which were previously added to third versions. This means an end to the third versions.
For example an 'Ultra Epiode' for SM instead of USUM.
I don't think that there will ever be DLC in a Pokemon game, period. Masuda hates DLC.

One thing I hope for Gen 8 is to not introduce a third legendary, Gen 6 tried this sort of thing and as a result, Zygarde was left without a story in the games.

Gen 6 tried this sort of thing and as a result, Zygarde was left without a story in the games.

Last time I checked Generation 6 didn’t have some Episode Zygarde DLC so it really isn’t fair to say it 'tried this sort of thing'.

It could work out really well, with us not having to restart our games all over again and having a rehashed experience till some point towards the end.

Last time I checked Generation 6 didn’t have some Episode Zygarde DLC so it really isn’t fair to say it 'tried this sort of thing'.

It could work out really well, with us not having to restart our games all over again and having a rehashed experience till some point towards the end.
I meant as in introducing it in a generation with a remake, that's what caused Zygarde to not receive any important backstory within the games like its relation to Xerneas and Yveltal.

Huge grain of salt
Regular 4chan stuff

----------
Friend is working on regional translation team. She was vague as to what she has seen so far but here’s what I got out of her.

Save these. Official announcement in February 2019.

> Next region is Honai region. Based on South East China.

> Starter theme is myths and fables. Lion, Snake, Buffalo.

> Story focuses on Tradition vs Innovation.

> Regional Prof. is an understudy of Oak. He will be central to series going forward with a passing of the torch between the two. Symbolic of series moving to The Switch.

> Gyms return with some familiar faces.

> 30% of story takes place in Johto. Not including post game.

> Regional forms are back including Hoothoot/Noctowl, Wooper/Quagsire, Phanpy/Donphan, & Dunsparce.

> 87 new Pokémon introduced.

> New Pokémon include a Ground/Fairy Armadillo, Ground type Kakapo, Dark Fighting Howler Monkey and Rock Grass Avocado.

> Box legendaries represent innovation and share a connection to Ho-Oh and Lugia.

> Ho-Oh and Lugia have new "Heritage" forms with a type swap.

> Apex Rings are the The Gen 8 Gimmick. Effect varies by mon which can grant stat boost, new abilities, and even change typing for certain mon.

> Apex Ring developed by Regional Prof. Antagonist Team uses tech to upgrade Honai Legendaries.

Is no one else dying at the Avocado?

The new millennial mascot, for sure.

I meant as in introducing it in a generation with a remake, that's what caused Zygarde to not receive any important backstory within the games like its relation to Xerneas and Yveltal.
With every other remake gen, that went just fine. RSE still had stuff for Rayquaza, even though there was FRLG. DPPt still had stuff for Giratina, even though there was HGSS.

Me telling my Pokemon to take down the opposing Avocado:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADcpIaE4Wcs

I was about to say the exact same thing! Like, you're obviously a fake leaker, you have the liberty to come up with any type of pokemon you want that doesn't sound too farfetched, but instead.....you choose an avocado.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom