• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to say the exact same thing! Like, you're obviously a fake leaker, you have the liberty to come up with any type of pokemon you want that doesn't sound too farfetched, but instead.....you choose an avocado.

Lets be real here. Did any of you expect an Ice Cream Pokemon before gen 5? The avocado is the only believable thing on the entire rumor, since its something GF would do.

i liked the Avocado idea. we've had pokemon that I thought looked like cherries. How is an Avocado any differen than that? I couldnt believe my eyes when I first saw the ice cream pokemon....

While the Vanilluxe line look like ice cream, they are actually icicles with snow on top. So I can see the avocado Pokemon only mimicking the fruit to attract prey.

I guess Pokémon has reached that moment where every single Pokémon idea is believable.
This is a PokeBall.
375px-100Voltorb.png

i liked the Avocado idea. we've had pokemon that I thought looked like cherries. How is an Avocado any differen than that? I couldnt believe my eyes when I first saw the ice cream pokemon....
XD We do have a bunch of other plants and inanimate objects, but avocado is such a joke nowadays, it would be nothing short of hilarious if we got a pokemon based on one.

Just look at Monster Hunter as an example. It has a ton of DLC and all of it is free.
With the exception of Monster Hunter World, all previous games had "on-disc" DLC, i.e. the underlying assets were already in the game as shipped, and you only had to download the actual quest when they published it.

Last edited:
Splatoon 2 always add weapons, gear and stages for free, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for Pokemon to do same (differently off course) with their DLC. The only instance of paid DLC in Splatoon 2 is the Octo Expansion.

Knowning Gamefreak, they will never give us free DLC (Else they wouldn't put Mew behind a paywall but just leave the Glitch in, but they put Mew in the Pokeball Plus as a marketing strategy).
I think it depends on the circumstances. If there was something Game Freak meant to put in to start with but didn’t have enough time to polish it by launch, then we might get free DLC. If it’s things that are usually saved for updated installments and remakes like move tutors or non-standard battle facilities, then expect to cough up $20.

Huge grain of salt
Regular 4chan stuff

----------
Friend is working on regional translation team. She was vague as to what she has seen so far but here’s what I got out of her.

Save these. Official announcement in February 2019.

> Next region is Honai region. Based on South East China.

> Starter theme is myths and fables. Lion, Snake, Buffalo.

> Story focuses on Tradition vs Innovation.

> Regional Prof. is an understudy of Oak. He will be central to series going forward with a passing of the torch between the two. Symbolic of series moving to The Switch.

> Gyms return with some familiar faces.

> 30% of story takes place in Johto. Not including post game.

> Regional forms are back including Hoothoot/Noctowl, Wooper/Quagsire, Phanpy/Donphan, & Dunsparce.

> 87 new Pokémon introduced.

> New Pokémon include a Ground/Fairy Armadillo, Ground type Kakapo, Dark Fighting Howler Monkey and Rock Grass Avocado.

> Box legendaries represent innovation and share a connection to Ho-Oh and Lugia.

> Ho-Oh and Lugia have new "Heritage" forms with a type swap.

> Apex Rings are the The Gen 8 Gimmick. Effect varies by mon which can grant stat boost, new abilities, and even change typing for certain mon.

> Apex Ring developed by Regional Prof. Antagonist Team uses tech to upgrade Honai Legendaries.

We don't get Hoenn in a Sinnoh Game, Why would we get Johto in China? This looks like fake news.

I hope nobody uses the "patterns" thing as an argument for a rumor to not be true (I still refuse to call it a leak until it is actual information about the game). Patterns stopped being a thing for Pokemon a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom