• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GameFreak could call it whatever they like. They could even choose not to add any Eeveelutions this generation like how Gens 3, 5 and 7 missed out on Eeveelutions.

Why Sleep? What about Paralysis, Burned, Frozen... Oh! because it has Eeveelutions of those types. Um... Well, Sleep could be a Normal type condition, but Eevee is already a Normal type, so that could be useless compared to it's elemental evolutions. Then again, a couple of moves like Sleep Powder are grass type moves that could put it to sleep, but we already have Leafeon. You know, maybe they could break a pattern and have Eevee get two new evolution methods in one generation instead of two evolutions that only have one difference.
That, or more likely, they'll come up with a method of their own that utilizes some new mechanic.

I still wish they'd retcon all the evolutions to evolve multiple ways though. There are plenty of stones, use them. There are plenty of biomes, use them. They say Eevee evolves to adapt to its environment. So why don't they all evolve like Leafeon and Glaceon? The basic answer is because of game mechanics. But then why wouldn't they all be simple like the stones? Idk. I think it would be nice to evolve Leafeon either by stone, OR in a forest area. Same for the others. Espeon and Umbreon get a little weird there, so I think they'd just use the stones and/or the day/night friendship, and sylveon use a stone plus it's normal method. It kinda makes them seem like the "domesticated" evolutions.

GameFreak could call it whatever they like. They could even choose not to add any Eeveelutions this generation like how Gens 3, 5 and 7 missed out on Eeveelutions.
There's a pattern there. Ever since gen 2 they've been doing it every other gen.

But, hey, game freak loves killing patterns.

Ah, well. At least I'll still have Kirby and his art games every five years.

In my Illis Pokédex on PokéFanon, Eevee did get two new evolutions: Toxeon and Armoureon. Yeah, it's kind of uncreative on my part, but the other Pokémon I gave evolutions for my ideal Gen 8 games include Rapidash getting a part-Flying type evolution called Pegaflame, Venonat getting a pre-evolution called Bebonit, Farfetch'D getting the Roselia treatment of getting a pre-evolution Fitch'D and evolution Farfling'D, Dugtrio evolving into Dugrund, Ironix evolving into Onix, Betsir evolving into Pinsir, Xatu evolves into Watu, Girig evolving into Girafarig, Babaskhan evolving into Kangaskhan, Luvdisc evolving into Luvluv and then Luvhart and Wailby evolving into Wailmer. I haven't quite thought of the evolution methods though.

I don’t think they’d give dugtrio an evolution since it already has an Alolan form. But what would I give to see a Pegasus rapidash. Heck I just want to see a cross gen evo that’s not an eeveelution for once. It’s been years since we got those.

And of course Dunsparce needs an evolution. It would be cool to see Stanford get one as well, maybe he could evolve into a moose.

What even is the point of dunsparce?

I caught one once in XY. I don't remember what I did with it but I knownit wasn't in my party when I took on the second gym.

Dragonair needs a Dragon/Fairy split evolution which is more serpentine with more focus on Sp. Atk. and speed...
It could be violet as a reference to Dragonair's shiny form and have 600 BST like all other pseudo-Legendaries.

Honestly, Druddigon needs a Steel/Dragon evolution, the skin on its face would turn metallic and it would get armor pieces as part of its body.

As long as we get more Dragon/Steel-types, I'm fine.

What even is the point of dunsparce?

I caught one once in XY. I don't remember what I did with it but I knownit wasn't in my party when I took on the second gym.
Dunsparce is cute and you can take advantage of Glare and Serene Grace Headbutt to flinch opponents down. I'd like to see a fast Normal and Ground-type evolution with unique moves or an Ability to make stand out from Diggersby, maybe a Special attacker. With Dunsparce's design and its inspiriation (Tsuchinoko) I'm sure it could be a really cool Pokémon.

Last edited:
The pink whale leaker clearly has some sort of inside information-even if "joycons will be used for powerful moves" could be an easy guess, the intended date for a trailer on that exact subject certainly couldn't. But I still feel really skeptical about the pink whale. It outright contradicts what the initial trailer showed for LGPE (that the new Pokemon is transferred from LGPE to GO), and having it the other way around doesn't even make sense. (Why require players to get the GO app to get a new Pokemon? Go doesn't cost anything to play, and it's not like Nintendo is making money off of smartphone sales. It's like the product paywall for Mew, but one where Nintendo/Game Freak aren't even profiting off it.) And the part about the Shiny Charm still seems very weird to me. Even if the leaker was totally unfamiliar with Pokemon, how could they find out about the Shiny Charm without someone knowledgeable telling them? (Be that the leaker was a playtester and saw the Shiny Charm, in which case I would think they would be told "We're bringing back the Shiny Charm in this game", or that someone else gave them their information, in which case I would think they would be told "they brought back the Shiny Charm") It's been in every game for six years, I don't see why people familiar with the series would act like it was new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom