• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it wrong that I kind of want Ghetsis to return just because I like seeing him push the boundaries of that E rating? He was my second favorite thing about Rainbow Rocket. I don't remember what actually happened to him at the end of B2W2, though.

Is it wrong that I kind of want Ghetsis to return just because I like seeing him push the boundaries of that E rating? He was my second favorite thing about Rainbow Rocket. I don't remember what actually happened to him at the end of B2W2, though.
He was taken away by the Shadow Triad after suffering a mental breakdown. Where they take him is unknown.

We keep getting off topic. I mean seriously, someone brought up homosexual Pokémon. Really? I know there's an Eevee with a rainbow flag in our current forum logo, but I think we should keep our LGBT political views to ourselves. Especially when it comes to breeding because that reminds me of that episode arc of the CW show Supergirl when Alex Danvers wanted kids with Maggie Sawyer. Nope, not bringing that up on a Pokémon forum because that story drove me insane and we should be talking about the next Pokémon games.

Anyway, Ghetsis? Sure, we can bring back old characters like Ghetsis and N or Blue. Old characters have returned like when Cynthia showed up in Black and White and when Jasmine was in Sinnoh.

Thing relating to the LGBT community are not inherently political, and it's come up before plenty of times. You might not want to talk about it, but you have no right to tell people to "keep it to themselves" just because you don't like it.

Anyway, Ghetsis? Sure, we can bring back old characters like Ghetsis and N or Blue. Old characters have returned like when Cynthia showed up in Black and White and when Jasmine was in Sinnoh.
The difference is that Cynthia, Blue and Jasmine are healthy. Ghetsis is pretty much now a shell of what he was. Unless we get a prequel (doubt it) or another Rainbow Rocket, I doubt he will return.

The difference is that Cynthia, Blue and Jasmine are healthy. Ghetsis is pretty much now a shell of what he was. Unless we get a prequel (doubt it) or another Rainbow Rocket, I doubt he will return.

Most likely Ghetsis have gone coma and will never return, and only Shadow Triads are still loyal to him. Other ex-Team Plasma peeps, like N, the Sages (Rood especially), and Colress (the guy that disbanded Team Plasma), cut ties down with or outright hate him with passion for reasons.

We keep getting off topic. I mean seriously, someone brought up homosexual Pokémon. Really? I know there's an Eevee with a rainbow flag in our current forum logo, but I think we should keep our LGBT political views to ourselves. Especially when it comes to breeding because that reminds me of that episode arc of the CW show Supergirl when Alex Danvers wanted kids with Maggie Sawyer. Nope, not bringing that up on a Pokémon forum because that story drove me insane and we should be talking about the next Pokémon games.
Rude. Very, very, rude. And also incorrect on a large scale but that's a whole nother thing.
I'm pretty sure Ghetsis is more or less catatonic and he should not come back because he is an utter bastard.

Will they carry the Ultra Space storyline further? I think they’re doing that since it’s been getting built up since Generation 6 (with the introduction of multiple timelines, multiverses and now Ultra Space).

It could be connected to Distortion world too, since we're likely to get Sinnoh Remakes during Generation 8.

Ghetsis can still come back in a Gen 5 remake, a post-game episode could be him trying to use Genesect to take over Unova since he couldn't use any of the dragons.

Rude. Very, very, rude. And also incorrect on a large scale but that's a whole nother thing.

I'm pretty sure Ghetsis is more or less catatonic and he should not come back because he is an utter bastard.

Or they could bring him back, just so Gamefreak can have him be the first Pokémon villain to be killed off.

Will they carry the Ultra Space storyline further? I think they’re doing that since it’s been getting built up since Generation 6 (with the introduction of multiple timelines, multiverses and now Ultra Space).

It could be connected to Distortion world too, since we're likely to get Sinnoh Remakes during Generation 8.
No please. I hate ultrabeasts.

Or they could bring him back, just so Gamefreak can have him be the first Pokémon villain to be killed off.

Wouldn't that title go to Lysandre, though, since he was at the very least buried alive (if not killed) by the collapse of the Ultimate Weapon in Kalos, especially in Y when he was not planning on giving anyone immortality, just killing everyone?

One word about that topic: Japan.
Please stop with the overgeneralizing and ignorant comments about Japan (and other countries for that matter).

I don't expect many villains from previous games to make an appearance in the Gen 8 games, because of the simple fact they've all been brought back in USUM. It was cool to see them all in action once again, but the impact will lessen if that became something of a regular thing. I remember one of my friends complaining that every single of the Legendary Pokémon were made catchable again since it made them feel less special to him and I partly agree.

Instead of an entire cast of baddies, I'd rather see a more focused storyline based on only one or two of them. Maybe we'll finally get to see what ever happened to N, or meet one of the relatives of the villains, like in GSC. I think this would be much more interesting than have the same cast as in USUM show up again in the same fashion for just one battle. If I had to pick one of them to make a return, I'd want to know more about Colress. Why did he become a scientist? Who was his teacher? What's his actual reason for seeking the strength of Pokémon? Why does he wear his hair like that???

I don't think that any old baddies are coming back, and I don't think that Ultra Space will be a focus this time around either.

The building up of alternative universes and spaces, followed by a possible Generation IV remake implies atleast some amount of focus on Ultra-Space related concepts, whether we like it or not.

I really hope they leave the ultra beasts stuff alone. I still haven’t completely finished either one because I don’t like it. The space exploration was just bleh for me. It’s too....not pokemon to me. I really hope they leave it alone. I didn’t even like the designs for them. It’s pokemon not aliens. Just my personal opinion.

Also, am I the only one who is pretty positive they will not do sinnoh for a remake? My guess is you will get let’s go based from crystal version. They have mentioned before this being a possible branch off series, and they did just release all the Johto originals on virtual. I’m also very excited for these games. I have wanted a yellow remake forever, and eevee is my fav. Pokemon. I personally like the idea of ditching the fighting wild pokemon to an extent. I find it tedious and boring that I have to stand in one spot, and train one pokemon over and over again. I prefer battling trainers to it by far. I do wish you could use certain moves though. Like my pokemon has thunderwave. I wish I could paralyze it as a special ability. Still I love the idea of a more trainer aspect fighting scenario.

Onto Gen 8. Can I just say that the one thing I really, really, REALLY hope they don’t do is ruin the design by going closer to the new anime, because the change in graphics was absolutely horrible. And I will 100% defend that. I think they destroyed the series by doing that. I will (most likely because I’m a nerd and addicted pokemon )not play the games if they put those graphics in.

^_^’ sorry this was so long, but a lot of catch up reading meant for a lot to say, and that’s still shortened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom