• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
84 pokemon is around how many new pokemon we've been getting for the past two gens- excluding forms! Fingers crossed for some megas and regional variants to fill the gap between 84 and 100+.
The long awaited Mega Flygon and Johto regional forms?

So apparently the new Pokémon has been leaked:

808.png

From Serebii.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LJKiwbOvK8

I'd still like just a few new megas, because the concept isn't totally terrible and it would be better to see more added than to have it be a one-off gimmick. D= Definitely want a majority new regional variants, though! Gimme like... five new megas and twenty regional variants. That sounds good to me.

Last edited:
Megas do fit in very well in the lore of the world. For that alone, outside of also making some meta irrelevant relevant, I'd like to see it return.

Also, considering Rowan in DPPt was doing research after Pokémon evolution, Mega Evolution is bound to appear in their remakes as part of that research.

Last edited:
So.... theory on the leaked pokemon's questionable design- since it's for Pokemon GO, I think it's possible that it was either designed by someone at Niantic or commissioned by them. If you look at their other assets, such as their logo and the logo for Ingress, there's some vague aesthetic similarity to our nutty friend.

This Pokemon looks like something specifically created to grind the gears of the "GameFreak is running out of ideas! An ice cream Pokemon?" and I find it funny and ironic that such a Pokemon is supposed to be an incentive to attract some of that group to Pokemon again.

(I'd like to make it clear that this is not meant to offend Generation 1 fans. Just a silly thing from the more extreme Generation 1 fanbase I remembered)

I'll only accept that Pokemon if it's Missingno. and has various forms.

Also, considering Rowan in DPPt was doing research after Pokémon evolution, Mega Evolution is bound to appear in their remakes as part of that research.
That's what fusion is for. In all honesty, they'd be beating a dead horse if they used Mega Evolution as a plot point again.

I'm very interested about the potential new Pokémon, although I don't find it all that appealing. Has anyone considered it might be a placeholder model for another Pokémon? It looks so strange. Then again, why would they go through the trouble of created a special sprite for a placeholder when they could use something as well? This is so intriguing!

That's what fusion is for. In all honesty, they'd be beating a dead horse if they used Mega Evolution as a plot point again.

Fusion isn't a form of evolution in the literal sense. Besides that, that concept has also already been used twice for legendaries. Talk about beating a dead Mudsdale.

Thay said, there's still a lot about Mega Evolution that we don't know that they can expand on, considering it's also the gen of Arceus, the god, so they can maybe link it to him or link it to the other 3 dragons.

I'm very interested about the potential new Pokémon, although I don't find it all that appealing. Has anyone considered it might be a placeholder model for another Pokémon? It looks so strange. Then again, why would they go through the trouble of created a special sprite for a placeholder when they could use something as well? This is so intriguing!
They also made a shiny model for it, so there's that too,

Fusion isn't a form of evolution in the literal sense. Besides that, that concept has also already been used twice for legendaries. Talk about beating a dead Mudsdale.
I was kidding about fusion, but it hasn't been used for regular Pokemon whereas Mega Evolution has been used for 44 of them.

considering it's also the gen of Arceus, the god, so they can maybe link it to him or link it to the other 3 dragons.
How original after Xerneas/Yveltal and Rayquaza.

nickdt said:
What if we just like in gen 5 don't get older Pokemon in the new region,
What is this based on? The Pokemon's number implies that that there will be fewer than 100 Pokemon again.

@Pyrax The Pokejungle Chinese leak should be moved to confirmed since it’s pretty much true:
Recently some of our loyal readers in Taiwan and China have contacted us about some information that allegedly comes from an internal working demo. Again, I must state quite plainly, this is absolutely hearsay until we have verifiable evidence. We can just break down what seemed to be shown and and some generalizations we can draw from it.

Seen:
  • PokéRide seems to be coming back, or at least the concept of it. A trainer uses Lapras to navigate a water-based trail. The bulky gear that Lapras wore in Generation VII is gone, but the trainer still appears to have a helmet and sports outfit on while riding.
  • Following Pokémon may also be coming back. Whether any Pokémon can follow you or just a select few remains to be seen. In the demo an Eevee perched on the top of its trainers head while riding through the water on Lapras. It’s hard to imagine something bigger having that much leeway or how it would be handled. It follows that Eevee would stay outside of its Pokéball while walking as well.
  • Battles start by running into a Pokémon; unlike previous installments in which players would randomly trigger battles while walking through grass, water, etc this appears to show the Pokémon on the route swimming—until you bump into one. Whether they aggressively try to chase you down or not also remains to be seen
And the Polish Leak should be moved to fake since they say this:
I saw few Pokemon Switch trailers (for translation to Polish) that I guess were supposed to be released few months from now.
And all trailers released 'a few months' after January 2018 have been LGPE trailers only.

The reddit leak should be either removed since it contains nothing of substance or moved to confirmed since the games are coming 2018.

Just thought I could help to keep the thread as clean as possible (y):)

I'd rather they don't use Mega Evolution as a plot point again, new Megas can be introduced without said mechanic being the center of the storyline. I would be fine if no new mechanics get introduced only if an old one isn't given plot importance again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom