• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NUTTY IS LITERALLY EVERYWHERE ON MY MAPS!

Is anyone having a similar experience? I’ve caught 5-6 of them and counting!
I’ve made a full capture video and it’s idle animation video too!
It is a Nutty invasion. They have taken over Go. I wonder what it all means.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-22-17-31-20-104_com.nianticlabs.pokemongo.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-22-17-31-20-104_com.nianticlabs.pokemongo.png
    700.8 KB · Views: 44
The Pokémon appeared everywhere for me as well, for about half an hour before they disappeared again. Every single one that I captured was actually a Ditto, which seems to be the case for everyone.

Apparently the Japanese head of marketing for Niantic posted a tweet of it, but the whole thing feels too random to have been intentional. It also doesn't seem like something the Pokémon Company would agree to, which I imagine Niantic would need permission to do so in the first place, especially since this Pokémon originates in Let's GO (assuming this is the special Pokémon) and is transferred to GO. I still think some kind of bug or glitch caused them all to appear by mistake.

Apparently the Japanese head of marketing for Niantic posted a tweet of it, but the whole thing feels too random to have been intentional.

Not to mention I got an error message when my Chikorita disappeared to give rise to the first one I encountered.
That happening might be a coincidence but the whole incident looks like a huge blunder than anything.

I hope those dittos had something different as an indicator of being special.

Oh wow was not expecting this! Nutty appearing like that all feels like it was not intended with the disappearing and error messages and other things. I hope we get some kind of reveal or explanation today from pokemon conpany.
Im in the States, hope i get to see it in the wild too

Has it not for those in USA?

I think they’ve sorted it out since I haven’t seen a single trace of Nutty now.

It's appeared in the US apparently. I imagine it'll appear again for 30 minutes like everyone else once the Chikorita CD ends for us.

I've not came across any in Scotland, although I missed the Chikorita event due to work (I did go out on my half hour break using an incense and came across one Chikorita, one Grimer, one Koffing and one Meowth).

I find it's apparent mechanic interesting - it appears normal but then transforms into something else when captured. I was thinking about, if that is indeed it's gimmick, how it would translate into the main games.
So I was thinking, given its size and the notion that it does appear quite physically weak, that it could be like a defence mechanism. Maybe to protect itself, it transforms into another Pokémon when it is attacked or when someone tries to catch it. Sort of like a reverse of Illusion or Disguise combination.

Last edited:
I've not came across any in Scotland, although I missed the Chikorita event due to work (I did go out on my half hour break using an incense and came across one Chikorita, one Grimer, one Koffing and one Meowth).

I find it's apparent mechanic interesting - it apoeaapas normal but then transforms into something else when captured. I was thinking about, if that is indeed it's gimmick, how it would translate into the main games.
So I was thinking, given its size and the notion that it does appear quite physically weak, that it could be like a defence mechanism. Maybe to protect itself, it transforms into another Pokémon when it is attacked or when someone tries to catch it. Sort of like a reverse of Illusion or Disguise combination.
I don't think that's its intended mechanic, really, it's just that it's being teased with dittos.

The only thing which it transforms into is Ditto, which is not the best idea to intimidate the opponent. I think it’s just a glitch in Pokemon Go that it transforms into Ditto upon capture.

Sorry, I thought I had read that there were reports of it transforming into Chikorita and Kecleon as well.

I get that it probably is a glitch, but I still that would be a pretty neat ability and would make for a nice tie in, especially if they continue to be adamant that this whole thing has been intentional.

I find it's apparent mechanic interesting - it appears normal but then transforms into something else when captured. I was thinking about, if that is indeed it's gimmick, how it would translate into the main games.

As I said in another thread, the "transforming to Ditto after capture" also happened with the Kecleon that people caught.

It's not even an intended mechanic for the Pokemon.

I also heard kekleon tured into ditto as well? So i dont think nut-kun turning into ditto is intended mechanic

My parents'll probably be happy they've been trying to get dittos forever to satisfy that one part of the research stuff things or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom